• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Real Truth - Georgie Yeo And His OCS Batch Boys

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1st batch OCTs are all regulars as NS scheme had not started. NS started in 1967 I believe and 1st batch OCT graduated same year. Those graduates in civil service required to perform NS were in 4th and 5th batch but I could be wrong. The only failure in 4th batch was a graduate.

I believe that you are incorrect. When I was very young, a neighbour, 3 houses down, was in the first batch OCS, and he was NSF. The other guy was a graduate and was bonded (scholarship or bursary), and he served 3 years, ROD as a Captain. I do not know the details of civil servants being in 4th and 5th batch OCS, although I know of an officer who was from the 5th batch OCS who signed on, and "retired" as LTC. He was a CPT when I was a 2LT.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The first SAFTI intake of NS men was in December of 1967and Kilo Company was NS men whilst Juliet Company were all regulars.. Anyone here who can enlighten us?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He had a fallout with LKY's daughther over his A star scheme. Even being the matchmaker for her brother did not help. When he was Chairman EDB/PS and travelling with LHL he used to show off his " strong connections " by always referring to LHL as 'Loong' in front of his (PY's ) subordinates. Actually, PY is probably overrated as all he did throughout his career was to throw money about to get things done....

As far I as I know, everyone in the inner circle calls him "Loong" or "Ah Loong". In the cabinet meetings, they call him "Ah Loong". This started when Kuan Yew addressed him as "Ah Loong" when he entered politics, so all of them started doing it. AFAIK, he has no christian name like "Harry". So, when Failure Yeo calls him Loong, its not a sign of familiarity, its just what everyone calls him in his circle. But you can call him what I call him, "Gay Loong".

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Philip Yeo was liable for NS under the IHL category....many born before 1949 but who graduated from IHLs in 1967 -1970 or who were employees in the civil service and stat boards were enlisted for full time NS. This included WKS who actually served a few months before being disrupted and was seconded to Mindef HQ as an AO. PY was luckier. He did not serve 1 day of NS but was roped into Mindef Logistics Div working under LTC Brian Marks ( in the Technical Dept) and later under Ng Kah Kok who was the Director of Logistics Dept. PY had his networking break when he became classmate with LHL in the Harvard MPA course. His stars shone from then on. His speech at the first DBS Investors Conference in 1986 (? ) when HYC was Chairman ( and previously their boss as Defence Minister ) was such a contrast to GY's and really showed the differing characters between the two. He was arrogant but GY was humble. I 'd root for GY any time.

I believe this is correct. In those days, u had the option of choosing which service arm you want to enter. SOme people choose air force because they knew there were not enough planes in there, and the air force was very small. So, in the end, they were released from obligation due to nothing for them to do.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what talking you...if you dont know dont start rubbishing people....

My response was to the first post:

"I'm sure many of you are curious to know why Georgie Yeo is such an important man in the MIW team so much so that he cannot afford to lose his seat at all.

Let me share with you one of the reason why. The following people belongs to the same OCS batch boys during their youth days and some of them are given the SAF and President scholarship during that year:
1) Georgie Yeo
2) Teo C. H.
3) Lim H. K.
4) Lee H. L.
5) Philip Yeo"

It was stated that Philip Yeo attended OCT. That was not true as he never served NS at all.

You said he was liable but that is not the issue. Then you went on further to debunk my saying "he was born in 1946" by stating that those born before 1949 also served NS.

I don't dispute that as I also did mentioned it when I responded to your post.

"I stand corrected as there were a great number of such graduates that went through the 4th and 5th batch OCT. "

So in effect it was rubbish that Philip Yeo was in OCT. It has nothing to do with whether he was liable to serve NS or otherwise.

SINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like GY farewell press conf: The Everyone is a Politician speech....Does that mean he will become one of us brothers posting shit here? Lose liao still so kekian no wonder...

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy got masters degree from stanford.
his engrisss is so pwderful, i think the professor & dean decided to just give him the paper so they wont be tortured by his engriss ever again. under normal circumstances, they'd have recommended he go back to elementary english language school

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHK was also president scholar with GY and TCH.
He actually left later then the other 2. They in 88 and he in 91.
Why he never made BG? Maybe he failed IPPT, even VB is a reservist colonel.
put it this way, in the saf, not every scholar gets star. many sinkies who went thru NS & MR, still dont know how to ensure the occifer can never get to see star.

allow me to enlighten u a bit. in the saf, no matter scholar or farmer, command & control is 1 of the major criterias to ensure 1 gets to climb the ladder smoothly. most scholars will emphasize on fulfilling some of the KPI of their jobscopes, but never really bothered about mugging & handling the micro & nano details of kinship among the soldiers & sub-units.

how to make sure the occifer never see his star, simple:
1. fatal training incident
2. poor training results ie: IPPT/ SOC/ range etc
3. poor ATEC/FTEC results... reccon 3 will be ideal
4. non-training incident ie: suicide/ drug bust/ logistical failures (within unit premise)
5. top 10 listing on saf hotline for complaints from servicemen

other than the above mentioned, it is possible that the occifer screws himself for the following:
1. scandal with colleague/ co-worker
2. failure for personal results ie: IPPT/ SOC/ IPKT/ range etc
3. kena summary trial and/or general court martial

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
... have not fought any war, except rescuing stuck passengers in the cable car incident at Harbour Front...
he tried to key kiang intercept the singapore fire brigade's plans. so, since he is the emperor's son, they let him have the command, in the end, the moron made a 2hr rescue mission become at 10hr drama.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he tried to key kiang intercept the singapore fire brigade's plans. so, since he is the emperor's son, they let him have the command, in the end, the moron made a 2hr rescue mission become at 10hr drama.

They confident can pull it off so put him in charge to claim credit

Last edited:

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
My response was to the first post:

"I'm sure many of you are curious to know why Georgie Yeo is such an important man in the MIW team so much so that he cannot afford to lose his seat at all.

Let me share with you one of the reason why. The following people belongs to the same OCS batch boys during their youth days and some of them are given the SAF and President scholarship during that year:
1) Georgie Yeo
2) Teo C. H.
3) Lim H. K.
4) Lee H. L.
5) Philip Yeo"

It was stated that Philip Yeo attended OCT. That was not true as he never served NS at all.

You said he was liable but that is not the issue. Then you went on further to debunk my saying "he was born in 1946" by stating that those born before 1949 also served NS.

I don't dispute that as I also did mentioned it when I responded to your post.

"I stand corrected as there were a great number of such graduates that went through the 4th and 5th batch OCT. "

So in effect it was rubbish that Philip Yeo was in OCT. It has nothing to do with whether he was liable to serve NS or otherwise.

No need to get so uptight my friend...the post grouping PY with the other scholars in OCT was not by me....in fact in my post, i said that PY was lucky because he somehow was not even required to serve 1 day in NS....

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

In fact, he was rescued himself by the RAN Lt Geoff Ledger who piloted his Twin Huey in high winds and pitch black darkness to rescue those trapped. If the RSAF had waited until daylight to rescue the passengers, all would have died, and Arse Loong's career would have taken a big hit.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need to get so uptight my friend...the post grouping PY with the other scholars in OCT was not by me....in fact in my post, i said that PY was lucky because he somehow was not even required to serve 1 day in NS....

What talking you? You were the one who posted quite rudely:

"what talking you...if you dont know dont start rubbishing people.... "

Now you say "don't get uptight?"

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
put it this way, in the saf, not every scholar gets star. many sinkies who went thru NS & MR, still dont know how to ensure the occifer can never get to see star.

allow me to enlighten u a bit. in the saf, no matter scholar or farmer, command & control is 1 of the major criterias to ensure 1 gets to climb the ladder smoothly. most scholars will emphasize on fulfilling some of the KPI of their jobscopes, but never really bothered about mugging & handling the micro & nano details of kinship among the soldiers & sub-units.

how to make sure the occifer never see his star, simple:
1. fatal training incident
2. poor training results ie: IPPT/ SOC/ range etc
3. poor ATEC/FTEC results... reccon 3 will be ideal
4. non-training incident ie: suicide/ drug bust/ logistical failures (within unit premise)
5. top 10 listing on saf hotline for complaints from servicemen

other than the above mentioned, it is possible that the occifer screws himself for the following:
1. scandal with colleague/ co-worker
2. failure for personal results ie: IPPT/ SOC/ IPKT/ range etc
3. kena summary trial and/or general court martial

The Stars are given by the old man