• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The real sammyboy

astonbrus

Alfrescian
Loyal
bros.. the reason why sammyboy in delphi is popular ?... its the aynonmousity.... and there are many sbf wannables springing up in delphi which is a danger.... we don't know who is the owner of those new forums...

So I am suggesting an alternative.... let a few trusted sbf nicks start a new forum in delphi..... how about 2 trusted sbf nicks... I recommend fishbuff and kojakbt22.....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The forum where people are REALLY worried about their anonymity is at http://www.sammyboyforum.com :biggrin: Which is more devastating?.. an angry govt or an angry spouse!!!:wink:

It's been safe there for 7 years so why worry about this forum?:p

At Delphi, a court order from a US court could force Delphi to release details.

In this forum, I'd simply delete any incriminating evidence if anyone put any pressure on me.

Don't worry about it.
bros.. the reason why sammyboy in delphi is popular ?... its the aynonmousity.... and there are many sbf wannables springing up in delphi which is a danger.... we don't know who is the owner of those new forums...

So I am suggesting an alternative.... let a few trusted sbf nicks start a new forum in delphi..... how about 2 trusted sbf nicks... I recommend fishbuff and kojakbt22.....

astonbrus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Sam, does the owner of a delphi forum has the right to get the IP details from delphi itself without any court order ?

I can trust you but I can't trust those owners of the sbf wannables springing up in delphi right now

aston

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Dear Sam, does the owner of a delphi forum has the right to get the IP details from delphi itself without any court order ?

I can trust you but I can't trust those owners of the sbf wannables springing up in delphi right now

aston

Admin of Delphi forum don't know the IP addresses as they don't have access to the logs. However, the owners of Delphi can provide the info is they so choose.

Don't worry about IP addresses though. They tell very little on their own. It may indicate that a member has a singnet account or a pacnet account but it still doesn't say who they are. IP addresses are dynamic anyway plus many Singapore ISP connections show only the IP address of their proxy servers. In other words, 50 people could be connected to the forum all coming from the same IP address.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Admin of Delphi forum don't know the IP addresses as they don't have access to the logs. However, the owners of Delphi can provide the info is they so choose.

Don't worry about IP addresses though. They tell very little on their own. It may indicate that a member has a singnet account or a pacnet account but it still doesn't say who they are. IP addresses are dynamic anyway plus many Singapore ISP connections show only the IP address of their proxy servers. In other words, 50 people could be connected to the forum all coming from the same IP address.

Nevertheless IP addresses can still be match on the ISP ends.

Nevermind. Do you know if there any case of the delphi forumers being dug out over the years? And since sammyboy is registered under a US address, so it is safe to assume it falls under US law? So if that's the case, it's really not much difference from Delphi except the onus is on you now?

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, first of all, thank u for your recommendation.... :wink: But seriously, I got no experience running any forums. Also, there r oready 4 alternate SBF sites in delphi right now. If we add more alternate sites there, SBF bros will even be more fragmented! I still hope we can get back to 1 SBF finally (best is to go back to the old SBF :smile: ) where the 33.3% can participate fervourly and without fear...

Anyway, oready got many pro-SDP fellas said I'm from PAP liao... So if I run a site, those SDP fellas won't want to participate. I want them to participate so that I can "F" them mah.... HHAHAHAH!

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
why bother so much about it ?
just post and share share unless trying to dig more into those forums.

just like uncle sam said,unless the ISP here reveal it, no one really know,coz those ISPs like SingNet,StarHub and so on have only a few lease circuit or cable to the outside world. so it will appear the same to them just like unlce sam said.

wallace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, there r oready 4 alternate SBF sites in delphi right now.

4 alternate SBF? I only know 2:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/sunkopitiam/start ---> Victor Sun

http://forums.delphiforums.com/______/start ---> SBAlliance

(this forum censor the SBAlliance delphi link)

What are the other 2?

If we add more alternate sites there, SBF bros will even be more fragmented! I still hope we can get back to 1 SBF finally (best is to go back to the old SBF :smile: ) where the 33.3% can participate fervourly and without fear...

You have an established nick..people trust it...why don't you write to Victor Sun, the SBAlliance and the other 2 SBF and asked them to merge... then the Delphi SBF will be in business...

But seriously, I got no experience running any forums.

You don't really need experience. Any one can do it. Even fishbuff is doing it. Ask Sam Leong, he'll agree definitely.

What you can do is, do the initial coordination, once SBF is unified, pass on the responsibility of running to someone else.

wallace

Alfrescian
Loyal
why bother so much about it ?
just post and share share unless trying to dig more into those forums.

just like uncle sam said,unless the ISP here reveal it, no one really know,coz those ISPs like SingNet,StarHub and so on have only a few lease circuit or cable to the outside world. so it will appear the same to them just like unlce sam said.

People generally fear, I don't see people like UncleYap come here.

This new coffee shop is not too bad. I like it because there are no advertisment and the pages are fast in loading. Delphi can be slow sometimes.

H

highkia

hey broz out there... newbie here... just wondering wat happened to sammyboyforum.com??

cant seem to load onto the page....

wallace

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey broz out there... newbie here... just wondering wat happened to sammyboyforum.com??

cant seem to load onto the page....

It's ok. I can load sammyboyforum.com ok.

Try checking your computer or internet connection.

wallace

Alfrescian
Loyal
bros.. the reason why sammyboy in delphi is popular ?... its the aynonmousity

The Delphi Sammyboy is popular because it is not moderated.

You can post anything, do multiple posts of the same subject, start a war there, call people names, start a hate crime etc.

In other forums, the slightest infraction of the above will result in:

• the thread being deleted
  • multiple threads of the same subject being merged
  • banning of nicks
* The banning there that sometimes those people bitch about is not really banning. That I would say is wayang banning.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

This new coffee shop is not too bad. I like it because there are no advertisment and the pages are fast in loading. Delphi can be slow sometimes.

The one thing I don't like about this forum is that there is no sidebar with the thread that I can just click on. Now I have to exit a thread to browse the next thread I want to read. Unless I am not doing something right?

wallace

Alfrescian
Loyal
The one thing I don't like about this forum is that there is no sidebar with the thread that I can just click on. Now I have to exit a thread to browse the next thread I want to read. Unless I am not doing something right?

I agree with you. That side bar is really handy. When I first use this forum, it needs some adjusting as I don't have a side bar. I think the missing side bar is a major factor for those people complaining about the new forum.

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal

i am from the old delphi and also sammyboyforum...i don't see any privacy issues...what dangers are you referring to...tax evasion? :rolleyes: :wink:

JWNY

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal

You sure a not? There was someone ganna caught from the net for sending terrorism message few years ago.

And does the red/yellow card apply to you too? Dun bluff me okay, I red card you! :biggrin:

Have a nice day:p

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Uncle Yup has the enough balls to walk up to LKY and say whatever he thinks fit straight to his face.

He posts messages with his real identity.

What difference does it make whether his IP address can be traced or not???:rolleyes:

Please engage brain before typing on keyboard.:biggrin: