• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The politics thread :)

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore plans rare protest as population debate rages

Self integrity is way by which we start with complete and utter honesty. Stand firm where u wan to be.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Talk so much and then vote for the white paper, really sickening.

MIW need Singh to "speak" out. To show the world tat they do not need opposition parties cos they have their "own" members in parliament to "speak" out. But we can see thru their tactics. Juz cant wait for 2016 to come soonest...

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal

PM Lee makes passionate appeal for population White Paper in Parliament
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/pm-lee-mak...tion-white-paper-in-parliament-082910512.html

Haha someone was as passionate when he said sorry two years ago. Where is the passion for Singaporeans in the white paper? I only can see the passion for foreigners.

As LTK pointed out rightly, build 500k homes and other infrastructure to improve the quality of living of Singaporeans makes no sense when the 500k homes and other infrastructure are to accommodate the new population i.e foreigners! :mad:

Hi Sis, well said . I agreed with you . The government works like economists who looks into the growth rate for their own KPI. Without look into others side effects .

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal

Confirmed wayang - Singh voted for the white paper - only WP and NMP voted against the white paper. All 77 votes from PAP.

Parliament endorses population White Paper by 77 votes to 13
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/pm-lee-mak...tion-white-paper-in-parliament-082910512.html

I think he spoke the truth but was pressured by his PAP to vote for the white paper otherwise ....

So the best strategy is don't cast the vote lah . Cannot offends the boss ... 人在江湖,身不由己

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe there is a party "whip". If the whip is not lifted, MPs are not allowed to vote against the party.
Basically, MPs can have their own opinion, but not allow to act or vote according to their own opinion. Welcome to Singapore.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

流芳百世..要不遗臭万年

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wat i am most pissed off is when the garment suka suka used tax payers money and sponsor foreign students without any bond...and hoping after they had gratuated, they would appreciate and repay back garment "kindness". But we all know wat those students would do after graduation, after getting free "lunches" ya.:rolleyes:

Even former PM LKY once admitted, majority came to enjoy the scholarships, not to settle down.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sing...larship-haven-foreign-students-080347815.html

Last edited:

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wat i am most pissed off is when the garment suka suka used tax payers money and sponsor foreign students without any bond...and hoping after they had gratuated, they would appreciate and repay back garment "kindness". But we all know wat those students would do after graduation, after getting free "lunches" ya.:rolleyes:

Even former PM LKY once admitted, majority came to enjoy the scholarships, not to settle down.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sing...larship-haven-foreign-students-080347815.html

Because government thinks that 我们逃跑不掉 。 so take us for granted . 外面的东西总是好的。they are very short sighted .

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

later go n buy 12打 7713!! HUAT huh snake yr..!!! View attachment 9143

wa..lui. just need another vote, i huat liao..3rd Prize: 7741. sob sob... titter.gif

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Confirmed wayang - Singh voted for the white paper - only WP and NMP voted against the white paper. All 77 votes from PAP.

Parliament endorses population White Paper by 77 votes to 13

Sorry, my mistake for wrong conclusion from this article, that did not mention 8 PAP MPs did not vote, thought all PAP MPs voted including Singh. Still, this does not diminish the fact that it is confirmed wayang and sickening that Singh talked so much when knowing he will not or cannot be voting against the paper.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe there is a party "whip". If the whip is not lifted, MPs are not allowed to vote against the party.
Basically, MPs can have their own opinion, but not allow to act or vote according to their own opinion. Welcome to Singapore.

Really there is such a thing as party whip? How can a democratic society allow such thing? So we have 80+/- parrots and whatever debate is a farce only, in the end they will either do not vote or vote for their party, not the people.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was at Compass point for reunion dinner and saw this lion dance performance. So many Indian foreign worker and Indian PMET in the rows of audience there that I feel like I am celebrating CNY in India!

LHL should open his eyes to see the ground, currently we are ALREADY overwhelmed by sheer flood of foreigners in Singapore, time for him to carry out his promise in his speech a few days ago that the "govt will not let Singaporeans be overwhelmed by a sheer flood of foreigners". If not, it is just an empty promise.

photomall_zpsec47e961.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

phototemple_zpsd60411e8.jpg

Only such place then can see more familiar faces and not be overwhelmed by number of Indians, Pinoys etc. Gong Xi Fa Cai to everyone here! :biggrin:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was at Compass point for reunion dinner and saw this lion dance performance. So many Indian foreign worker and Indian PMET in the rows of audience there that I feel like I am celebrating CNY in India!

LHL should open his eyes to see the ground, currently we are ALREADY overwhelmed by sheer flood of foreigners in Singapore, time for him to carry out his promise in his speech a few days ago that the "govt will not let Singaporeans be overwhelmed by a sheer flood of foreigners". If not, it is just an empty promise.

Let's look at the positive side - these foreigners are eager to expose themselves to Singapore traditions and culture and assimilate into the local way of life... which i think is good. So let's be happy they're showing that interest.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

in the end, only realize 土鸡 is good for health, after eating too much of imported chickens. But hardly to find n ex. titter.gif