• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
MK Suki also very good. I think it means a Thai version of Jap sukiyaki. The chilli sauce mixed into the soup is no horse run. The ingredients also solid fresh. The sweet shrimp is a must to order. Small trays like dimsum trays, so easier to order more varieties without waste. Singapore steamboat no fight.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....."You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Raiders again".
didn't know i had already upped u before......

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yayaya Bangkok Jap food is very good and not expensive. Ramen here is original Japanese taste la, know a few reaaly good ones. Thailand have many Japanese and lots of their investments.

Yes travel is about eating I agree 100%. Food first and scenery second. I make it a habit to visit the wet market in almost every place I visit. I believe its there that you can also understand how the locals live.
I always go Fuji, better than Zen. Joetsy, you got better recommendation than Fuji? I love Thai food Nam Tok Moo, they called it waterfall in SG, 5555

1290110320e4dV8g.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro Joe ho mia, escaped to Thailand liao.

I must admit I'm very lucky to be able to do this, with a business and good Thai partners here. I never regret moving here from my very comfort zone in Singapore. Seriously I was reluctant at first as its a big sacrifice for me into the unknown but business calls. Sold house and cars and packed everything into container and shipped here. Wife finally realised this after staying here for past 3 years. Now almost everyday she will comment that Thailand is the best place on earth. Past 4 days with her in HCMC and after 2 days she buay tahan liao and missed Thai food.

My partners are very appreciative of me coming over and often said that they admired me being very daring and committed as its like coming here on a boat and burinign the boat. I really lucky to have all these good people. So looks like I'm here for the long haul.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I must admit I'm very lucky to be able to do this, with a business and good Thai partners here. I never regret moving here from my very comfort zone in Singapore. Seriously I was reluctant at first as its a big sacrifice for me into the unknown but business calls. Sold house and cars and packed everything into container and shipped here. Wife finally realised this after staying here for past 3 years. Now almost everyday she will comment that Thailand is the best place on earth. Past 4 days with her in HCMC and after 2 days she buay tahan liao and missed Thai food. ..........

I really truly envy you bro, :smile:

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always go Fuji, better than Zen. Joetsy, you got better recommendation than Fuji? I love Thai food Nam Tok Moo, they called it waterfall in SG, 5555

Actually I only know one Jap res in Thailand and that's Fuji. Very good. Can't compare with Tokyo stuff but surely beats all Sg Jap rubbish, especially that Sakae Sushi rubbish. Good enough if not going all the way to Japan and surely value for money stuff. In Hatyai it used to be at Lee Garden. Now it moved to Tesco. When I go there, I never miss it one.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I only know one Jap res in Thailand and that's Fuji. Very good. Can't compare with Tokyo stuff but surely beats all Sg Jap rubbish, especially that Sakae Sushi rubbish. Good enough if not going all the way to Japan and surely value for money stuff. In Hatyai it used to be at Lee Garden. Now it moved to Tesco. When I go there, I never miss it one.
Glad you tried Fuji also, hahahaha.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Alamaking, forget about Fuji and Zen la because they are very Thai. I do go occasionally if really necessary. Jap food should go to Tonglor's Japanese Village or the infamous Thaniya. Best of the best.

Nam Tok Moo is from Redland, Isaan, North East Thailand. Isaan food is very popular in Bangkok. But really good Isaan food is not many. Also not all foreigners will like it. There are many modified Isaan food or rather watered down Isaan food to suit the taste buds of different people. Again I am lucky in this department, my maid is Isaan. I get the best Nam Tok Moo at home and all the other delicious Isaan food. Again if you come or hell anyone of you here come I will bring you to the best authentic Isaan food in Bangkok.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamaking, forget about Fuji and Zen la because they are very Thai. I do go occasionally if really necessary. Jap food should go to Tonglor's Japanese Village or the infamous Thaniya. Best of the best.

I get the best Nam Tok Moo at home and all the other delicious Isaan food. Again if you come or hell anyone of you here come I will bring you to the best authentic Isaan food in Bangkok.
Thaniya is at where? Not used of eating Isaan food, especially their sausages, haha, but Nam Tok Moo is no horse run, whahaha

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

In every shopping mall you sure can find MK and Fuji. I agree that Fuji is not bad same same Zen but because I stay here I can find better ones (not the chain type) in downtown so I a little more choosy and particular la.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is that 3rd lane from Patpong? I only remember that one Jap place in Bangkok.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thaniya is at where? Not used of eating Isaan food, especially their sausages, haha, but Nam Tok Moo is no horse run, whahaha

Thaniya is just next street to Patpong. Full of Japanese restaurants and karaoke and Japanese clubs. I use the word infamous because Japanese men go there to find chicken. But just forget about the chicken, the food is 100% Japanese but price less than half in Japan. Oh I almost forget all sorts of Japanese alcohol there too.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Strange, no see Ramseth and Drifter. Oh Sunday is family day?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thaniya is just next street to Patpong. Full of Japanese restaurants and karaoke and Japanese clubs. I use the word infamous because Japanese men go there to find chicken. But just forget about the chicken, the food is 100% Japanese but price less than half in Japan. Oh I almost forget all sorts of Japanese alcohol there too.
LOL, OK, been there before, puyings talk to me in Japs, whahaha, maybe should bring Drifter there too, LOL

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
LOL, OK, been there before, puyings talk to me in Japs, whahaha, maybe should bring Drifter there too, LOL

Yes. The puyings just a distraction ignore them and the Jap food is really good, authentic and inexpensive.