• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Official Euro 2012 Thread

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My predictions for tonite's matches:

Croatia to beat Italy.
Spain to beat Ireland.
But if "Rene" Del Bosque insists on playing Fabregas at centre forward the whole game, all bets are off!

As usual, hope for high scoring games.................................

i am betting $10000 on Croatia to win Italy.

Italy are made up of a bunch of old farts. Youngster like Croatia will beat these bunch of old farts for sure.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are not out yet.
Germany has 6 points, Denmark 3, Portugal 3, Holland 0.
If Germany does them a favour and beats Denmark, Holland can qualify by beating Portugal by 2 goals or more.

Yeah. I was too eager to rub salt onto them. They made me lose $$ last night. :mad: Having said that, I believe they will achieve the impossible. Portugal just isn't good enough.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oranje's ability to beat Portugal is not a problem but................ there is more to it why they can fail. :biggrin:

Bert-van-Marwijk280~3.jpg

"What is it?"

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, watch your sugar intake. These 3 in 1 stuff high in sugar. Take care.

Afellay I know but this Willems really unknown to me.. He kena a torrid time by the Germans last nite..

KNN, now drinking my 5th cup of Coffee.. At this rate, the instant coffee sachets at my office pantry will be finished soon by me.. Earlier mornin downed 2 cans of Redbull while on the way to the office.. Still sleepy..

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hah what a dream...you dont even have $10 to your name. Better go and take cover...the repo man is coming for you.

Italy are made up of a bunch of old farts. Youngster like Croatia will beat these bunch of old farts for sure.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tau Nee leemember to take your medicine on time and get well soon. We worry for you. :o

If you dun like my post, then dun fucking read it.

Another example of a sinkie who do not feel comfortable just because people are not posting the stuff that is expected by him. Fuck you understand???!!!!

Kagawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spain to beat Ireland.
But if "Rene" Del Bosque insists on playing Fabregas at centre forward the whole game, all bets are off!

For those of you who bet on Spain last week and lost money, blame this fat ass Spanish coach because he did it at your expense.

Euro 2012 Group C preview: Spain v Ireland

13 June 2012

12427398760.jpg

Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has not ruled out continuing his striker-less experiment against Ireland at Euro 2012 on Thursday. The sides clash in a crucial Group C encounter in Gdansk, with both teams failing to taste victory in their first matches of the tournament.

Spain – who played out a 1-1 draw against Italy on Sunday – have been criticised for playing without a recognised striker in their 4-3-3 formation. Despite having the likes of Fernando Torres, Fernando Llorente and Alvaro Negredo at his disposal, del Bosque opted to use Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas at the top of a three-man attack that included David Silva and Andres Iniesta.

It was a controversial move and Italy – who played a 3-5-2 formation that crowded the midfield – successfully stopped Spain, increasing the importance of this fixture for del Bosque's men.
"We have a lot of confidence in what we did. We have three fantastic forwards but Cesc is also a good forward," del Bosque said as Spanish fans continued to dissect their 1-1 draw against Italy.

"Cesc has a lot of composure on the ball, he links up well with everyone and he gets into good scoring positions. We did what we thought was best, even if we risked being mistaken. We have players who are very difficult to control and it was the right time to do it.
"It's possible we'll play the same way. I don't rule out putting someone up front but playing without a striker is an option we have. I believe they are good players to do it, Silva, Fabregas and Iniesta, and I believe they are forwards."

While del Bosque may choose to stick to playing without a striker, the form of Torres when he was introduced against Italy is sure to have the Chelsea forward considered.
The clash is also huge for Giovanni Trapattoni's side, who suffered a disappointing 3-1 loss to Croatia in their opening match. Ireland were expected to be difficult to break down, but sloppy errors in defence cost them any chance of victory against Slaven Bilic's men.

Forward and captain Robbie Keane was unable to make an impact against Croatia, while Trapattoni will be hoping Damien Duff and Aiden McGeady are more influential out wide.
Trapattoni appears likely to ignore calls for highly-rated Sunderland winger James McClean to be given a starting spot against a star-studded Spanish outfit.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

Don't use up all your monopoly money.
There are still 18 matches to go.

jw5

Loyal
For those of you who bet on Spain last week and lost money, blame this fat ass Spanish coach because he did it at your expense.

Why doesn't Rene just drop the wannabe hollywood actor Busquets, play Fabregas in midfield and play Negredo at centre forward?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jw5 said:
They are not out yet.
Germany has 6 points, Denmark 3, Portugal 3, Holland 0.
If Germany does them a favour and beats Denmark, Holland can qualify by beating Portugal by 2 goals or more.

First Ah Ram went runroad. Then Alamaking gone missing. Without Alamaking around how can Holland get into the next rounf?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why doesn't Rene just drop the wannabe hollywood actor Busquets, play Fabregas in midfield and play Negredo at centre forward?

Because he's a possession fundamentalist, like most Spanish coaches. Die die wanna crowd the midfield.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good news for I_Hate_Pappies! I'm taking Italy too! :biggrin: I foresee a 3-1 win for them. Forza Azzurri!

146123088_crop_exact.jpg

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Because he's a possession fundamentalist, like most Spanish coaches. Die die wanna crowd the midfield.

They will not have a cutting edge, draw or lose the match, and then blame the pitch..................