• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The investment thread (Finally)

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rowsley will not be around for long...

She's going to give births (warrants) soon.. titter.gif

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
US tapering is off. Fed will continue w generous liquidity measures. Expect property prices to rally hard for the next 1 year at least. Next thing to watch out is e Malaysia Budget in Oct.

rockyB

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally prefer to buy with guarantee returns. And now with so many condos around, may be time to look into Commercial properties around Malaysia since I don't think prices have risen as fast as residential.

Going down to check out preview for Iskandar Putri (12% guaranteed return i hear) tomorrow. Any one here bgt the sold out Nusajaya Square?

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't buy Nusajaya Sq but was considering it at one pt. But I didn't buy it at the end because:

1. DIBS not provided. it's all progressive payment. even though the PSF is low, the total area is BIG! so the total value is higher than the condo I was considering. after doing the math, because DIBS was not offered and it was maximum 70% financing, the cost-benefit analysis for me dictated that buying a condo that offered DIBS made better financial sense.

2. The area that Nusajaya Square is in is a HUGE PIECE OF EMPTY LAND. It is suppose to the heart of a commercial area, but there is very little residential population nearby. Given the very slow speed Malaysia take to develop, the lack of population, the huge supply of commercial space available in that area (SILC 7 is opposite and another project but name I cant recall), it might take longer than I am comfortable to be in the money.

In a nutshell, given what I know now versus what I didn't know back then, it was the right decision for me not to have invested in commercial property. IMO, for a foreigner, it is better and safer to buy a completed commercial. for one, the structure is complete for you to use or rent out. For two, you can assess for yourself the human traffic.

I personally prefer to buy with guarantee returns. And now with so many condos around, may be time to look into Commercial properties around Malaysia since I don't think prices have risen as fast as residential.

Going down to check out preview for Iskandar Putri (12% guaranteed return i hear) tomorrow. Any one here bgt the sold out Nusajaya Square?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I didn't buy Nusajaya Sq but was considering it at one pt. But I didn't buy it at the end because:

In a nutshell, given what I know now versus what I didn't know back then, it was the right decision for me not to have invested in commercial property. IMO, for a foreigner, it is better and safer to buy a completed commercial. for one, the structure is complete for you to use or rent out. For two, you can assess for yourself the human traffic.

Good comments, well put.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
"It's very difficult to make money from trading. People who get rich are those who buy a company, build it, run it. Most of the traders, they come, they make money, because they have this gambling instinct. They take the money and spend it. The minute they lose money, they got no money to pay up. " ~ Peter Lim

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
ROWSLEY POISED FOR SOLID GROWTH WITH SOON-TOLAUNCH ISKANDAR PROJECT AND RSP
• Rowsley to start selling Vantage Bay residential units by early 2014; project near Johor Causeway has total GFA of about 1 million sq m
• RSP expects to exceed first year $25 million earn-out target
• Rowsley is debt free, project financing for Vantage Bay underway

http://infopub.sgx.com/Apps?A=COW_C...199&fileId=RowsleyPressRelease_09.10.2013.pdf

E tok gong one lai liao.. tomo miss roswley hot again, swee swee for its warrants launch.. lol si buay kelong..lol.