• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The heartache of an overseas Singaporean

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is the first election that I am not living in Singapore.

I have so much to say about all that is going on, but I know that the difference now is that I have less of a right to comment about it, being away from Singapore for so long.

I dislike PAP, but I have benefited from the policies it made (business tax, overseas profits, house prices, FTs etc.)

I distrust PAP, but I can barely fathom how it has disadvantaged the average Singaporean (rising prices in food, transport etc.)

Why? Because I make my money overseas and when I go back to SG for visits, everything to me is comparatively affordable compared to where I am.

I may be branded by PAP as a quitter, but that's not even a dent on my ego and only serves to distinguish how SGs can excel beyond the stranglehold and mollycoddling of PAP's policies of learned helplessness.

My heart aches for a free Singapore, but my mind knows what I must do to protect my selfish gains. 5 years ago I could relate to the opposition struggle as I was struggling to establish my business, but now I have become stronger, I see little reason why I should empower those who did not challenge themselves as I did in the lonely uphill battle to success.

While this makes me despise tag-alongs like TPL and the various "fresh faces" of PAP, who have done little but to perform like obedient circus animals on the crack of their master's whip, it also sickens me to know that various good-for-nothings, whiners and losers are the base of an opposition more formidable than I have seen in my living years.

So what to do in this election? A visit to Canberra or a flight to SG? Should I even cast a vote based on Pragmatism or Emotion?

But what I know is that, the call to make a stand and make my vote heard is louder than ever before. So loud that the voices of Singaporeans many thousand miles from where I am can still stir us, their prodigal cousins, to action.