• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The future of WP

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The examples that you have cited are all rich or at least upper-middle class people to begin with, even before they entered politics.

The "idealism" being discussed here at this juncture is, can a lower working class man be an MP as long as he has the right "value".

And what value is "right"? Who's to judge?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
The examples that you have cited are all rich or at least upper-middle class people to begin with, even before they entered politics.

The "idealism" being discussed here at this juncture is, can a lower working class man be an MP as long as he has the right "value".

And what value is "right"? Who's to judge?

I wouldn't know. But I believe that even a future PM-in-waiting, if any appears to challenge, then he would probably have to be english-educated to a big extent, and possibly belong to the middle class or the upper middle class.

Still what type of "right" values are up to one's perception. However the world is changing and often more than not, a top leader will be needed to be seen as a credible choice so that he can deal with problems that are international. I mean, understanding economics is a big criteria here, so you wouldn't expect a guy who knows zilch about economics to be PM, wouldn't you? This means that a potential PM needs to learn economics, law and needs to understand global warming, trade and other stuff. Its not a fly-by-pants job that anyone can learn OJT. No offence, but certainly, one who can be PM cannot be one who's completely chinese educated, or one who speaks dialect only and knows absolutely nothing about economics. The odds of such a guy becoming PM is very high and against him.

Thus, I think that as long as a leader can make that special connection, and not be cocky, at least publicly, then he or she will be able to make a big difference in the future.

Besides, Sen. Obama wasn't born to a upper-middle class family. He was born to a single mum. It was through scholarships that Obama was able to attend top US schools through grade school. The same is said for both Clintons, especially Bill, who shares a similar history like Obama a generation ago.

And FDR and JFK, although rich and wealthy, was able to make that special connection with ordinary people, despite their status. It speaks volumes about their overall ability even when they have a handicap because they were born to well-heeded families.

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the TS should write on the future of SDP which is more wobbly than ever.

wp might be quiet. they are quiet because they are doing much works and ground preparation.

only the very noisy SDP keeps banging walls and falliing into big longkangs. harming oneself and harming others who are too naive to see the clearer pictures.

leetarsah

Alfrescian
Loyal
the TS should write on the future of SDP which is more wobbly than ever

this bapok PAP boot licker dog is more wobbly

faggotdogsimkhenghwee.png

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
then who are u and gang licking up to? if it's bye from chee, then there would be none for u to lick.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
the TS should write on the future of SDP which is more wobbly than ever.

wp might be quiet. they are quiet because they are doing much works and ground preparation.

only the very noisy SDP keeps banging walls and falliing into big longkangs. harming oneself and harming others who are too naive to see the clearer pictures.

Leetahbar,

(1) I am the TS and I had already written several posts on 'Whither Chee Soon Juan'.

(2) Your various posts show that you have actually cross the line from objective comment into personal comment where CSJ is concerned. And called others 'naive' who holds a different viewpoint from others.

I have no wish to get into a post-by-post type of reply with anyone as it serves no purpose.

Therefore my point here is to ask you to examine your own hatred for CSJ. Do not examine to see if it is justified, as your posts already indicate the righteousness of your stand. Rather examine to see if it is helpful.

(3) It is good that WP is doing a lot backroom, out of view of the voters' mind.

Bearing in mind that the WP has yet to win more than 1 seat in 17 years, you might like to share the effectiveness of such an approach in the next election. No need to share the details of the approach - that is best kept to yourself. Just tell us how many more seats you think you can win.

This is of especial importance, because there is only one major opposition political party once SDP is no more.

Unless of course, a new political party emerges. But that's another story.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
chee has no concern for his followers. he wants to get into trouble. he wants many to get into the same trouble like he. the more the merrier.

there is one simple truth where SDP doesn't have the guts to face it factually. that is to do a groundwork survey and see whether the general public agree and endorse their action.

if many avoid or shun them, the the answer is obvious. unless they realise all their noises are nothing but noises, the diehards would just continue to make a nuisance about themselves.

are the lives of those who are keenly involved happier than before? have they neglected more important things to do then to follow blindly an image reflection in the water?

if they are not happy people, do u think they would want others to be happy?

think about it...and it will send shudders up your spine.:(

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
My posts on CSJ, a number of them anyway, has been trying to dissuade CSJ from such a course of action. It does no good to him or his party. It gathers no moderate voters support.

As one human being to another, I do not want to see another person bankrupted, marginalized.

I hope that they can make a U-turn.

Doubtless many of their supporters will be angry with me for making such a suggestion.

Still it is only a suggestion. It may not be the right suggestion. But it is one that says there is an alternative way, a different way to the same result.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
My posts on CSJ, a number of them anyway, has been trying to dissuade CSJ from such a course of action. It does no good to him or his party. It gathers no moderate voters support.

As one human being to another, I do not want to see another person bankrupted, marginalized.

I hope that they can make a U-turn.

Doubtless many of their supporters will be angry with me for making such a suggestion.

Still it is only a suggestion. It may not be the right suggestion. But it is one that says there is an alternative way, a different way to the same result.

JBJ was a good example for chee to follow. when JBJ realised his mistake, it was time for him to go:(

but at least JBJ won the hearts of many. what about chee? i sounded harsh against him. it's better to be direct than beating around the bush.

leetarsah

Alfrescian
Loyal
then who are u and gang licking up to? if it's bye from chee, then there would be none for u to lick.

bapok continue with your fav pastime of licking and sucking PAP cocks

after all you're unemployed living on handouts

you keep trying but can't conceal your dubious n dodgy character

go and jump from your 9th storey pig sty and end all upheavals