• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The future of the 40%

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Personally no. I hardly take the mrt since i drive and if i want to take public transport i take the bus. I also don't live along the NEL line and not at the jurong area thank god.

you are lucky ...i really pity those ppl going to work in the morning ....all of them cover with sweat inside the train .

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are lucky ...i really pity those ppl going to work in the morning ....all of them cover with sweat inside the train .

I hear it's only at the western part of sg like the jurong area that has such a problem. So far i have not read anything about such problems in the central areas and even in the east. Hope someone else can confirm this for me. I'm not lucky la, erp charges everywhere. You know how the cost of everything increases every year.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A proper crowd control and safety procecedure is to monitor the number of passengers awaiting at the platform. When it gets to an estimate of full capacity for the next train, shut down all entry barriers until the next train takes off a trainload of passengers to relieve the platform overcrowding and dangerous situtation.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
back in 2006, me already had to wait for the third or fourth train before me could board the train at Eunos.

wow bro...that already happen in 2006 ? why dont the mrt do something about it ? knn , goverment increase the population of singapore of course must stand by all the public transport to handle that crowd ...thats common sense .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I hear it's only at the western part of sg like the jurong area that has such a problem. So far i have not read anything about such problems in the central areas and even in the east. Hope someone else can confirm this for me. I'm not lucky la, erp charges everywhere. You know how the cost of everything increases every year.

at least you can afford a car in singapore ...not everyone can afford a car in singapore . you can stay in your comfort zone to work ...that already lucky .

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
So far i have not read anything about such problems in the central areas and even in the east. Hope someone else can confirm this for me.

still possible to board the trains around Tanah Merah station, hit Bedok & Kembangan, habis. at Eunos, it's crap. been saying that sardines had more dignity :(:(:(

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow bro...that already happen in 2006 ? why dont the mrt do something about it ? knn , goverment increase the population of singapore of course must stand by all the public transport to handle that crowd ...thats common sense .

sure that's common sense and they definitely have the means to do it. The thing is such things cost money and they don't want to spend a cent more than what's neccessary. Why would they need to anyway? So some sinkies and foreigners are squeezed or had to wait for the next train or arrived late to work so what? You need to think from their perspective. It doesn't mean anything to them. All they need to worry about is their salary, whether they get voted in the next GE and that any bad news doesn't get linked to them. Everything else they don't give a shit and they don't need to.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
still possible to board the trains around Tanah Merah station, hit Bedok & Kembangan, habis. at Eunos, it's crap. been saying that sardines had more dignity :(:(:(

Tanah merah is something like an interchange where one line goes to the pasir ris area and the other line goes to the singapore expo and changi airport right? The changi airport line shouldn't be that crowded as opposed to the pasir ris line. Anyway it just goes to show that there's some serious overcrowding issues in the west especially the jurong area as opposed to the other parts of sg.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at least you can afford a car in singapore ...not everyone can afford a car in singapore . you can stay in your comfort zone to work ...that already lucky .

COE is already hitting S$100,000. A 1.3L averages S$150,000 and a 1.6L averages S$180,000 now. ERP, petrol and parking have been averaging 20 to 30% increases p.a.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sure that's common sense and they definitely have the means to do it. The thing is such things cost money and they don't want to spend a cent more than what's neccessary. Why would they need to anyway? So some sinkies and foreigners are squeezed or had to wait for the next train or arrived late to work so what? You need to think from their perspective. It doesn't mean anything to them. All they need to worry about is their salary, whether they get voted in the next GE and that any bad news doesn't get linked to them. Everything else they don't give a shit and they don't need to.

so if the goverment really love money they should allow private train company to be set up in singapore and tax them in the same time can solve problem over crowded train .

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Anyway it just goes to show that there's some serious overcrowding issues in the west especially the jurong area as opposed to the other parts of sg.

bro,
spot on with regard to TM station. have to admit that if Eunos, Paya Lebar as labeled as congested, then JE station would be classified as experiencing severe congestion :(:(:(

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
COE is already hitting S$100,000. A 1.3L averages S$150,000 and a 1.6L averages S$180,000 now. ERP petrol and parking have been averaging 20 to 30% p.a.

i dont know what to say , i dont know what to say :wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, that is the exact procedure applied is many countries. The barriers won't open until the crowd catches the next train. These clowns still in retail shopping mode.

A proper crowd control and safety procecedure is to monitor the number of passengers awaiting at the platform. When it gets to an estimate of full capacity for the next train, shut down all entry barriers until the next train takes off a trainload of passengers to relieve the platform overcrowding and dangerous situtation.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so if the goverment really love money they should allow private train company to be set up in singapore and tax them in the same time can solve problem over crowded train .

wah piang even private bus companies aren;t allowed to ply public routes why would they allow private trains? That wouldn't even make sense. Seriously the govt wouldn't even give a shit if they didn't need to have an election every 4 years or they could somehow win elections all the time without any effort or don't have to worry about public opinion.