• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Future of Singapore Football

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
taken from the club fb page somemore..tell me how to depend on such people???

Attachments

• 261565_245743825436056_241001635910275_1087819_765997_n.jpg
    261565_245743825436056_241001635910275_1087819_765997_n.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 172

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to run so much, earn more money izzit? LOL

I don't think it is the money part that drives them - this sector of Sg society are more inclined towards their kids' academics to gurantee that. I think it has more to do with that unlike soccer, tennis and golf are non-contact sports and that suits their sons' cissyness.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tanjong Pagar lor...anyone wanna write in to complain such disgraceful act? the pic still put on the club FB page sia...hahahaha..cant believe this shit...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Chinese and other races has equal stakes in both Malaysia and Singapore and Malaysia and it cut across most sports. The tide turned first in Singapore as future did not seem bright when sports involved paid full time professionals. As there is no critical mass , the salaries were too low and parents did the right thing. The shelf life is also short.

UK is suffering from similar effect. The odds of doing well in football when you have to compete with the entire EU for place in a English league team is a slim. So why bother. So you end up with people who come from poor background.

I know of youngsters with great potential in primary school who gave up sports for studies.

Golf and Tennis is for rich kids and that has been there for decades. Never seen a rich kid ever playing football even in thosedays.

I think it's tradition. Even Malaysia team, very few Chinese players, sometimes even zero.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia and even Indonesia all through the years have their fair representation of top Chinese badminton players. Local guys and gals, not PRC imports. In football, Indonesian Chinese is virtually non-existent. Malaysia and Singapore only have a few now and then.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can someone tell me why SG football players mostly Indians and Malays?

Malaysia and even Indonesia all through the years have their fair representation of top Chinese badminton players. Local guys and gals, not PRC imports. In football, Indonesian Chinese is virtually non-existent. Malaysia and Singapore only have a few now and then.

Maybe Chinese don't like play under the sun. Badminton have hall also more expensive need to rent the hall and replace shuttlecock.
Football is cheapest sport just need a ball 30 people also can play at one time.