• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The food here in Singapore is getting worse...

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think Mr Food Court Owner can give you a satisfying answer since his core concern is rental collection rather than food quality. Shoddy food quality is the stall's owner problem.

how come you guys got so many complaints about foodcourts?

no complains about hawker centers?

maybe foodcourts owner eeoror88 can help to answer your complaints?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at least your mee tai mark is edible. mine, the meat smells like shit! sai! i almost wanna a) go back to the food court, bring the take out along, insist the manager of the food court to smell the meat. b) bring it to some lab, ask them to check for sai, c) do all of the above.

but i didn't. why? 'cause sporean all fuck up attitude. u go look for manager, the manager also fuck up attitude. wat for? bring it to the lab...nah...end up it the food court will not apologize, and customers still flood the place.

remember prima deli? hundreds of people ganna diahorrea 'cause of their food. but now? business as usual. sporeans are one ignorant lot.

I am not surprised, I kena a couple of times and usually the smell came from the meat they prepared. I wonder how long it has been kept in fridge and they were reluctant to throw it away to save cost.

raul1333

Since the days food courts arrived,the food standard also drop.For profit and survival to pay ridiculous rentals ,we get shit standard food.Normal stuff like
Mee Pok Tar,Chicken Rice,Mixed Vegetable rice don't even taste like the real thing-all fake stuff and expensive.You taste from one food court in the East and it taste the same in the North of the island.All the stuff from central kitchen.Same shit different place only.How to eat like this?Hawker centre ?
Nowadays,still got some that has edible stuff but how many hawker centres now available.Mostly the older HDB estates has the hawker centres.The new estates are food courts manned by people who can't cook(taste will determine) and only want to earn dollars.
The old days where normal food taste right and reasonable are gone.
I rememberyears ago eating Lontong costing $2 from the oldest HBD estate and I feel filling and satisfied .Last week I took Lontong from some store in the North and it taste like shit and cost $3.50.The vegetable not even cooked!
Looks like I may open up some food joint where you can get real stuff.
While eating the food,you think about the years where life was so much better.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
This, I have to say something, damned hilarious and damned ja lat, i tells you, all these cleaners !!

I was enjoying my sabo rice and I ate the rice first. I left the goodies to the last, like; chinese sausage, chicken, mushroom, and vege. The balachan chilli is powerful and the rice is piping hot !! I was perspiring all over.

As I was wiping my face with my hanky, the cleaner came. She asked me if I still wanted the food and before I could nod my head, she asked me the second question,"May I clear it?" When she uttered the second question, I was nodding my head in response to the first question !! Of course, she cleared my sabo with all the GOODIES !! Arrrrrgghhhh.......

hawker centre near kovan station. same thing. haven't finish my mee poh, i go get some bracelet from a thai monk who visit the hawker center, the cleaner just clean up my mee poh without asking my wife whether i had done with the mee poh. my wife very angry...haha...over this incident. she said the cleaner is crazy. but i told her take it easy, we are in singapore. fuck up services are suppose to be a norm. a social norm.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh.... Here's a riddle for you.

Why Jesus never worries about crashing of His PC ?

I will tell you the answer if you give up.......

The moral of this story!

Enjoy it while it last!! If you save it at the end, you won't get a chance to enjoy it!! :biggrin::wink:

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
food is expensive because the extra mark up goes to the rental fees :biggrin:

you think the food in singapore is expensive? you should visit australia and try a local kway teow there in perth. cost more than S$10 per plate, tasteless and watery. if you want to see the most expensive food in the world, go visit australia and you will see how expensive food can be.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
When in Rome, eat what the Romans eat.

you think the food in singapore is expensive? you should visit australia and try a local kway teow there in perth. cost more than S$10 per plate, tasteless and watery. if you want to see the most expensive food in the world, go visit australia and you will see how expensive food can be.

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
When in Rome, eat what the Romans eat.

point is how can our food be expensive? go to other countries and see how much people spend on food. then see australia. you will have a heart attack looking at the prices of food at the supermarket or restaurant there. and thier earning after their sky high taxes are not more than singaporeans in the end of the day.

our food is one of the positive reasons to live in singapore.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our local fare is considered exotic premium food over there. To be avoided at all costs outside the red dot.

point is how can our food be expensive? go to other countries and see how much people spend on food. then see australia. you will have a heart attack looking at the prices of food at the supermarket or restaurant there. and thier earning after their sky high taxes are not more than singaporeans in the end of the day.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal

hong kong. 5-7 dollars one could have a pleasant meal with drink in a small restaurant. and after that, still can read newspaper like nobody business.

spore? 5-7 dollars at food court, while makaning, the customers are breathing down your neck: they want your seat.

so which is cheaper? which has got better value? which place u pay money for shitty food and indigestion?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mos burger outlet in Taipei. The staff greet you with a smile and proper gretting, 'huan ying guan ling!'

Spore? Mos service staff, "Yes?"

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Of course, she cleared my sabo with all the GOODIES !! Arrrrrgghhhh.......
u shld hv used ur both hands n snatched ur sabo back ...

or next time, put all ur goodies in2 ur bowl ... dun leave dem in ze sabo ...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hong kong. 5-7 dollars one could have a pleasant meal with drink in a small restaurant. and after that, still can read newspaper like nobody business.

spore? 5-7 dollars at food court, while makaning, the customers are breathing down your neck: they want your seat.
dese 2 ... hk small restaurant vs sg food court leh ... apple vs orleng ...

how abt hk small restaurant vs sg small restaurant? ... n hk food court vs sg food court? ...