• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Fear of Voting Opposition Still Around

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
there is no reason to vote for the opposition
most of us,if not all, are comfortable
we have a good governance
we have good leaders
we have excellent infra-structure
we have great facilities
there is peace, there is harmony
everything works almost to perfection
why rock the boat
why risk the chance
voting in one opposition is really no fun

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Heard from a relative who is working in one of the Stat Boards... Seems that their boss ask for a list of employees who are eligible to vote in this BE. Even though there is no other action since then, it seems like a "gentle" reminder to reminder all eligible voters who their paymasters are and to vote "wisely" with a unspoken threat behind all this.

This relative is not young and reluctantly hinted he will do what it takes to keep his job . I told him that votes are secret and that Political parties can only narrow down by precinct or X number of blocks who they voted for but not by individual households. But yet this elderly chap is still not convinced and replied - "better safe than sorry"

The older generation still have this fear within them that voting opposition is a crime and they will eventually be taken to task. Unlikely they will change a lifetime habit of fear but this is so sad and a lingering foul odour of our Singapore Political scene especially amongst the older voters who have been conditioned to think this way.

Thanks to the newer generation and internet, this old PAP "fear" tactic will die off as more of the older voters fade away into the big GRC in the sky ....

like what i say, stay away from sinkies... they are a bunch of fucktards!!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
it's good to stay away from people of negative spirit
they drag you down to the lowest level
sapping your energy and making you tired and weak
sekali you pengsang and die like a piece of twig

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unless you have to work on the weekend and your boss has to do some manpower adjustments when the employees take time off to vote, no boss, public or private sector, has the right to know if you have to vote. It's none of their fucking business.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No leh, I voted for opposition but the minister with a bunch of dogs knocked on my door and smile desperately to please me. Why huh? He knows I voted against him ah, or suddenly I look like someone he is so afraid of that he wanted to know if I have any problems where he could help? I said nothing, shook his hand, closed the door and went to the basin to wash my hands.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No leh, I voted for opposition but the minister with a bunch of dogs knocked on my door and smile desperately to please me. Why huh? He knows I voted against him ah, or suddenly I look like someone he is so afraid of that he wanted to know if I have any problems where he could help? I said nothing, shook his hand, closed the door and went to the basin to wash my hands.

You still shake his hand? Just show him the middle finger lah. Sinkies!!!!!

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The number they call out is the NRIC No, so it won't change. If you mean voting queue, it's by precinct.

But I noticed that the same number is assigned every election, every one on the household too, don't they have randomly run numbers?? Anyway, I don't care...I just know who to put the "x" to..

smiling

Alfrescian
Loyal
some who vote the opposition because they dont like the PAP
but there are some who vote the opposition not because they dont like the current government - but because they want the current government to be 'better'.
they may not want an opposition government, but they just want some opposition to be around so that the current government will look at things differently

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes your vote is not secret. Leegime gets people to count votes after the entire election to do breakdown across all ethnic lines and special people are checked as well.
But it does not matter anymore. Leegime has effective radicalized so many Singaporeans it is no short of a match to set things off and Leegime will not know what hit them

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Heard from a relative who is working in one of the Stat Boards... Seems that their boss ask for a list of employees who are eligible to vote in this BE. Even though there is no other action since then, it seems like a "gentle" reminder to reminder all eligible voters who their paymasters are and to vote "wisely" with a unspoken threat behind all this.

This relative is not young and reluctantly hinted he will do what it takes to keep his job . I told him that votes are secret and that Political parties can only narrow down by precinct or X number of blocks who they voted for but not by individual households. But yet this elderly chap is still not convinced and replied - "better safe than sorry"

The older generation still have this fear within them that voting opposition is a crime and they will eventually be taken to task. Unlikely they will change a lifetime habit of fear but this is so sad and a lingering foul odour of our Singapore Political scene especially amongst the older voters who have been conditioned to think this way.

Thanks to the newer generation and internet, this old PAP "fear" tactic will die off as more of the older voters fade away into the big GRC in the sky ....

let me guess, your relative must be a meat eater and also a sinkie.. that is why he behaves like this.