• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Destruction of the Spore Brand by Foreigners

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once we issue Spore Citizenship/Spore University Degrees/Spore Driving licenses to people from these 3rd world countries, our reputation will become that of a 3rd world country.

These idiots will tarnish the good name and standing that our forefathers spent a lifetime building up.

Once these jokers travel, work or migrate to other countries using our Spore name, our image and reputation will be hit and will soon be treated as such.

These Fs have destroyed the Spore as we know it. Now the destruction of the Spore brand is on the way!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sam Leong will tell you Singapore brand was fucked from beginning of time

The so called "Singapore brand" was nothing more than a myth perpetuated by the Pappies to con Singaporeans into believing that Singapore was in some way special.

The reality was somewhat more sobering. Singapore is famous or rather, infamous, for two things.. hanging people and banning chewing gum. Beyond that, it was simply thought to be part of China.

Singapore was never known for its good driving. In fact, those that came back from a holiday or a working stint in Singapore were shocked by how discourteous and dangerous Singapore drivers were and this was back in the 80s and 90s.

"Singapore is the only place I know where if you signal to change lanes, drivers behind will close the gap instead of giving way" was the most frequent retort.

As for Singapore degrees???? I have nothing to say.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam Leong will tell you Singapore brand was fucked from beginning of time

Sam Leong is an idiot with a cucumber up his arse that cant come out.

I've visited friends in NZ who have migrated there from Spore long before SL did. The local Kiwis are generally very friendly and welcoming towards Sporeans; at least once they know you are from Spore.

Its unfortunately the PRCs that move there that are causing problems, esp with their behaviour and attitude. When I was there, those PRC students from a private school were taking a smoke break between lessons; there was a shit load of them, all speaking mandarin loudly with a PRC twang and sporting long and unkept hair. After that, they just throw all the cigarettes on the street. It was almost like a elephant marking its teritory with its dung.

At least the Kiwis could still differentiate Spore chinese from PRC chinese from the way we speak.

But once these jokers start to share our identity, we are screwed.

A lump of shit mixed with raisins and chocolate chips = its still a lump of shit

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
As for Singapore degrees???? I have nothing to say.

A top management staff of a large GLR once said: "For a start, the foreign trained employee seems impressive - seems able to express well his ideas but when it comes to actually handling the job at hand, the local graduate stands out" or to that effect.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sam Leong is an idiot with a cucumber up his arse that cant come out.

I've visited friends in NZ who have migrated there from Spore long before SL did. The local Kiwis are generally very friendly and welcoming towards Sporeans; at least once they know you are from Spore.

The Kiwis are nice people and are friendly towards anyone who can communicate in English. They couldn't care whether they're from Singapore, China or the planet Mars.

Kiwis refer to all yellow skinned migrants as "Asian". Japs, Koreans, Vietcong, Cambodians, Malaysians, Thais, Taiwanese all look the same to them. They don't have a clue where you're from unless you tell them and while other Asian countries are well known, to most Kiwis, Singapore is nothing more than a transit destination. They'll stay there one night or not at all.

Private school students aren't migrants. They're on student visas and most of them leave once they complete their courses as they find NZ far too boring for their liking. They hang around the Queen Street area where most of the language schools are located. You hardly ever see them in the suburbs where most Kiwis live.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
A top management staff of large GLR once said: "For a start, the foreign trained employee seems impressive - seems able to express well his ideas but when it comes to actually handling the job in hand, the local graduate stands out" or to that effect.

Why are so many local grads driving taxis then?:rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
hahaha....not quite right, it was reported becos of visa problems.....prc passport requires visa for most countries.

A PRC passport is crap for obvious reasons but there is nothing special about a Singapore passport. Kiwi passports, OZ, most EU countries, Nordic states... all provide trouble free travel.

The reason why so many wealthy foreigners choose the sinkie passport is because the Pappy dogs hand them out willy nilly to anyone with cash to spare. Other countries are more selective as to who they give citizenship too.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
A PRC passport is crap for obvious reasons but there is nothing special about a Singapore passport. Kiwi passports, OZ, most EU countries, Nordic states... all provide trouble free travel.

The reason why so many wealthy foreigners choose the sinkie passport is because the Pappy dogs hand them out willy nilly to anyone with cash to spare. Other countries are more selective as to who they give citizenship too.

Not true.
I traveled very widely and I have to admit a Spore passport is an asset. I've visited remote african countries such as Zambia and was surprised to see a huge queue for VISA on arrival consisting of mainly Europeans while as a sinkie I clear immigration in less than 10 minutes.
Even the Hotel staff know about Spore which surprised me, and identify it as an efficient, clean in all sense of the word and well run country.

A Doctor or a lawyer trained in Spore is held with some regard almost anywhere in the world. Just like we tend to associate anything that is produced in Japan with high quality. Can u imgaine if japan starts handing out Japanese citizenship/PRs and degrees from Tokyo university to 30 million foreigners (which works out to about 25% of the entire japan population of 120m).

The point of my post is not that Spore is better than NZ/EU/USA.
My point is that a Spore name-be it a Passport/degree is quite well known and is worth something. This intangible asset is being destroyed if we allow anyone from any 3rd world country to share the same identity.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

the prc pp is crap bcos the people are crap; which is exactly my point.

You managed to migrate to NZ easily and retire was in some helped by the fact that u were from spore.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
the prc pp is crap bcos the people are crap; which is exactly my point.

You managed to migrate to NZ easily and retire was in some helped by the fact that u were from spore.

I emigrated easily because I did so in the days when it was still easy.

If you want to live with your own illusions of Singapore's "special" status, go ahead. I can only present the facts, Fantasy is something your can invent at any time to suit any purpose.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reality was somewhat more sobering. Singapore is famous or rather, infamous, for two things.. hanging people and banning chewing gum. Beyond that, it was simply thought to be part of China.

Some people think Spore is part of Japan. I remember ordering a book from the US & it was mistakenly addressed to Japan:smile:

Have to agree that the driving skills here are attrocious. However have to question the cause of it. Could it be because you have so many 3rd worlders driving around in Spore:confused:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I 2nd that sinkie are known as lousy drivers.
Just see the accidents that sinkies killed themselves in NZ and Aussie.
Even sinkies get bullied when driving in malaysia and many pathetic ones couldn't even dare drive up or down genting.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was on a cruise from sf to vancouver, and sat with a group of older folks from california and british columbia. asked where i was born, told them "singapore". they were surprised and almost chirped in unison "we didn't know english is taught and spoken so well in china." not kidding.