• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Chen Show Mao Affair?

jw5

Loyal
Nearly 2 years since Chen Show Mao was introduced as a WP candidate before GE 2011.

How has he performed in the past 2 years?

Were there attempts to sabotage or derail WP and CSM's chances just before GE 2011?
This thread started just shortly before GE 2011 appears to be an attempt to do so.

Very vicious and manipulative.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as far as I am concern,,CSM served NS,,unlike those asshole FT PAP MPs like Cow and Janil,,never serve NS but can serve in Parleement,,,what logic is that? That why WP is right,,only those that serve NS can stand for election and be office holders and civil serpents,..those that dont serve should never get such high level jobs at the expense or true singaporeans

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as far as I am concern,,CSM served NS,,unlike those asshole FT PAP MPs like Cow and Janil,,never serve NS but can serve in Parleement,,,what logic is that? That why WP is right,,only those that serve NS can stand for election and be office holders and civil serpents,..those that dont serve should never get such high level jobs at the expense or true singaporeans

only idiotic shit stirrers (not all shit stirrers are idiotic) will sneak in any hint of foreign manipulation and shenaniganery, thus invoking the utmost national security concerns about sg politics being compromised by influence from abroad and across the causeway. bull. :rolleyes:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compare CSM to LHL if LKY allow his son LHL to join private sector to get exposure today LHL will be different.

CSM came back and the reasons he gave for wanting to join opposition in politics is nothing about his bitterness over his failed entry into medical school or how unfair the system was to him back then. He was never noticed and valued by the government and he moved on to venture to the outside world. He has nevertheless, made his mark in the private sector and now chose to serve the people in politics. If PAP can have those paper Generals running for election, I do not see how is CSM in anyway inferior to these "YES, SIR" men, or any of those inbreeds civil servants who can never muster their guts to go with conscience and defy their superior's orders.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I usually respect scroobal for his uncommon sagacity but I am befuddled by the so-called "CSM Affair". CSM did have a choice to serve NS. If he did so because his family is here then he is no different to any of us. Yes, we could not legally abscond, but even if we could we had ties here that could not be broken. He was not selected for medicine (rejected shall we say), did he say otherwise ? Did he fail a written test or a psychological test that makes him unfit for public office ? There seems to be a pedantry here worthy of the tactics of the MSM. If I remember correctly, at one time citizenship was so precious it was only given to PRs after NS. If you served NS, it was assumed you wanted to be a citizen. CSM served and took citizenship. Ho-hum. My test is slightly different. I can do a pairwise comparison with any of the PAP MPs in the house (let's exempt the ministers). Who would you choose above CSM. The best I can come up with are a few (very few) ties. We cannot question a man's loyalty to a place where he holds citizenship (and where he spent his formative years) unless we have solid reasons. Home is where the heart is. I have no reason to believe his heart is not in Singapore. He managed to convince the Aljunied voters. I will go along with their judgement unless I have reason to think otherwise.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I usually respect scroobal for his uncommon sagacity but I am befuddled by the so-called "CSM Affair". CSM did have a choice to serve NS. If he did so because his family is here then he is no different to any of us. Yes, we could not legally abscond, but even if we could we had ties here that could not be broken. He was not selected for medicine (rejected shall we say), did he say otherwise ? Did he fail a written test or a psychological test that makes him unfit for public office ? There seems to be a pedantry here worthy of the tactics of the MSM. If I remember correctly, at one time citizenship was so precious it was only given to PRs after NS. If you served NS, it was assumed you wanted to be a citizen. CSM served and took citizenship. Ho-hum. My test is slightly different. I can do a pairwise comparison with any of the PAP MPs in the house (let's exempt the ministers). Who would you choose above CSM. The best I can come up with are a few (very few) ties. We cannot question a man's loyalty to a place where he holds citizenship (and where he spent his formative years) unless we have solid reasons. Home is where the heart is. I have no reason to believe his heart is not in Singapore. He managed to convince the Aljunied voters. I will go along with their judgement unless I have reason to think otherwise.

Very well said.

I believe that we should be generous and charitable (or whatever the word), and accept CSM did want to serve NS, whether for personal selfish reasons, or otherwise, the alleged perception that if he did not serve NS, he would not be eligible to be a SG citizen, and therefore, not eligible to be considered for the Rhodes Scholarship.

Personally, although I have been a non-resident of SG for three decades, resided in the True North, Strong and Free, and I still "waste my time" to try to keep up with SG related news, I rather choose CSM, over a few other honourable MP's, nothwithstanding those who claimed that he or she is in the medical profession, and thus save lives, which he or she considers to be similar to serving NS.

With respect, we who have served full time NS (and reservist) in the SAF, believe that there is no equivalent, regardless of the opinion of those foreigners who did not serve full time NS in the SAF. We have no choice, but to serve NS.

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very well said.
Personally, although I have been a non-resident of SG for three decades, resided in the True North, Strong and Free, and I still "waste my time" to try to keep up with SG related news, I rather choose CSM, over a few other honourable MP's, nothwithstanding those who claimed that he or she is in the medical profession, and thus save lives, which he or she considers to be similar to serving NS.

there should not be any benefit of the doubt at all, when serving NS is concerned; if you are not willing to serve NS by taking up citizenship then don't come back here; i too would like to complete my studies and not do NS at all and yet can come back here to work; so i am penalised for being born here

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....scroobal has been taking pot shots at WP/opps and getting away with murder....
he claimed that LTK was a liar and everyone seems to agree.....nobody confronted him.

Last edited:

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
not much need be said abt CSM; all the second guessing about the motives for his entry into politics; suffice to say that he is a top corporate lawyer and giving up money and fame to go into politics puts to shame all those who says you need to pay to get the best and brightest ( it only highlights their self serving interests); and for him to choose WP speaks volume for LTK

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there should not be any benefit of the doubt at all, when serving NS is concerned; if you are not willing to serve NS by taking up citizenship then don't come back here; i too would like to complete my studies and not do NS at all and yet can come back here to work; so i am penalised for being born here

I served full time NS for 2.5 years, and reservist.

jw5

Loyal
This thread is a cunning and manipulative attempt to derail the campaign of WP and CSM before GE 2011.

It didn't work. But the two headed snake scroobal will try again.
First he will make little useless irrelevant jabs at the pap, like suggesting they have a new ministry.
Near the next elections, if he sees a threat from the opposition, his real nature will take over and he will try to sabotage their campaign.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread is a cunning and manipulative attempt to derail the campaign of WP and CSM before GE 2011.

First he will make little useless irrelevant jabs at the pap, like suggesting they have a new ministry.
Near the next elections, if he sees a threat from the opposition, his real nature will take over and he will try to sabotage their campaign.

just a word of fairness... as much as pro-opposition here seek to remove PAP, the pro-PAP elements have equal right to defend their turf.

nonetheless, you do good work. kudos to u.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....scroobal has been taking pot shots at WP/opps and getting away with murder....
he claimed that LTK was a liar and everyone seems to agree.....nobody confronted him.

You are a real kukubird. You mean you dint smell any blood in the war zone for the whole of last month?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
just a word of fairness... as much as pro-opposition here seek to remove PAP, the pro-PAP elements have equal right to defend their turf.

nonetheless, you do good work. kudos to u.

Everyone is entitled to defend their belief. But to PRETEND to be on your side while actually carrying out your PAP master's order is dangerous. In the old days when such people are exposed it is 满门抄斬

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have for some reason associated doing NS with loyalty to this country. There are many people who have done NS but have refused to take citizenship. In your mind which is you think is indicates a desire to be associated with a country.

Not people are not aware that there is no such thing as volunteer NS.

There was a consequence and he had to do it rather than face the consequence. He is not the only one. There are many other nationalities such as americans, norwegians, finnish etc who have done their NS to retain their PR status or would like to work here.

Years ago, I was on an interview panel and interestingly an ACS alumnus hinted why he felt for Singapore by mentioning that he voluntered for NS. I asked him what was the consequence if he did not volunteer for NS. Not only his jaw dropped but those of 3 other interview panel members. He then admitted that he did it to retain his PR and to be with his mum and dad. After the conclusion of the interview sessions, all three members asked me to fill them in. I told them that NS is a not charity and why would someone not take up citizenship yet do NS. When I told them that someone who is not eligibile for citizenship cannot do NS even if he paid the Govt, it then made sense. Mind you the 3 were senior civil servants and they too had no clue.

Here is another tale. Over the decades there have been ex-PRs in their 20s and 30s requesting to take up option of doing NS to regain their PR or to take up citizenship. The desire to move back and in some cases to eventually take up better career propects are just too strong. As a rule it is a straight rejection. There is no re-offers.

I do realise Scroobal makes a lot of claims about "knowing" this and that.... have you ever substantiated any of these claims you made?

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone is entitled to defend their belief. But to PRETEND to be on your side while actually carrying out your PAP master's order is dangerous. In the old days when such people are exposed it is 满门抄斬

old days.. new days... its all the same days

jw5

Loyal

In the old days (which as pointed out, are not much different from the new days), they would go after the whole family of such two headed traitorous snakes.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very vicious and manipulative.

Yes, it's vicious and manipulative! If records showed he did NS, then he did NS. And this scroobal is alleging that he took up citizenship only because he wants the Rhodes scholarship.

I never knew scroobal is actually psychic. He can read minds! So scary!

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If this is true, i will not let him off. I m observing for now. Don't fuck with me!