• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Chee Siok Chin I know, then and now

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice balanced non partisan overview but left out one important point. What if the imcumbent persist in playing by their rules or no rules but their's?

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then the argument will no longer apply.

That is why this is also a call to opposition to stop quarrelling.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's not the point here, dude. The point of this article is about the human aspect of individuals that we may not know because we, unlike the writer, don't have a individual friendship with the subject person.

please ask which "mom" and "father" she's refering to staying with? is it the mom as her own maternal mother or the mom in MIL aka monster-in-law? (i got this term from someone she's very close to).

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was what I wrote in the SDP website which was greyed out by the SDP's thumbs up thumbs down function:

"If you got to know any of the PAP MPs personally, they are also not the money grubbing and power hungry people portrayed by netizens or even SDP news. A lot of them are nice and friendly people. Will anyone change their perception of PAP because of that?"

I don't know what's so offensive about what I wrote. The truth is most PAP MPs if you visit them at their Meet the People's Sessions, are nice.

Jaslyn Go's anecdote on Chee Siok Chin lends a good perspective of the person behind the persona. But seriously - I never thought of Ms Chee as a "Siao Cha Bo", even many times I disagree with SDP.

So what if you try to correct the perception? A nice image is only going to go so far in politics. And may I add that if the SDP is trying to debunk the perception that their leaders are "Siao", it may mean they are aware that this perception exists and their actions (or the PAP actions) have caused it. This is the price they pay for taking this course.

the "siao cha bo" was originated from the TS - thread starter herself. subconciously, she might be using that to slang csc and then reasoning it as "other people said so".

we could always check her record when she was mingling in worker party. will we get to see a deja vu in SDP?:eek:

by the way, if u park ur car illegally, u get booked. when she does that, it's always legal to her. SHE'S ABOVE THE LAW, dun pray pray.

chee siok chin is NOT a siao cha bo and she is one very "vexatious" lkb. why does troublesome one wanna suck up to another vexing one?

csc is #1 woman in SDP, lamei's the EMPRESS DOWAGER...so really dun pray pray or she chop chop heads!!:biggrin:

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then the argument will no longer apply.

That is why this is also a call to opposition to stop quarrelling.

Hope springs eternal. But knowing my own Chinese history and culture, it had never been our strong point. For all the propoganda of unity as a nation, I had detected the insidiousness in the intent of the government in this respect.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP has provided me with what I want. I did business elsewhere and no other govt has given me the kind of safety net I needed. At the same time, they have more than enough seats to form the government and I don't like their dominance. I believe in check and balances. More opposition presence in parliament is not a bad thing. It helps them build capabilities which can make them an alternative govt in case PAP starts to become incapable.

But the best way to hold any party accountable and not do the things you said is to have a multi-party parliament. If you give WP or SDP all the seats, I am very sure the same is going to happen.

If I were to choose between PAP and opposition party that speaks exactly like PAP I might as well give my vote to PAP. They have a proven track record. But I think I will spoil my vote.

Right now I am not sure of SDP because I am very confused by the messages they send. They seem contradictory to one another. I want to give them my vote but they tell me they are not interested in winning elections. They fight the PAP in a sure-die way. They also seem to be opposing other opposition parties which I don't understand. Of course this is what I have seen from their supporters and may not be representative of them. Maybe I have to catch up on my knowledge of them. But it's too early to tell if my ward will be contested by SDP or have a walkover.

the end result of every terrorists is DEATH. these people think they are fighting for a cause. really, are they? they encourage peasants to be defiant against the law twisting it as "human rights". then what is the law for? their answer would be "the law is used against them - the human rights fighters".

the rule is simple. win wards, enter into parleement as legitimate voted mp and hoot the gabramen. SDP just couldn't manage to land a ward after chiam see tong. obviously the reason is crystal clear but they are still in denial.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope springs eternal. But knowing my own Chinese history and culture, it had never been our strong point. For all the propoganda of unity as a nation, I had detected the insidiousness in the intent of the government in this respect.

It is my belief, perhaps for a short while more, that voters have a part to play in crafting the type of opposition that will be good for us.

Too often we look and say, "There is no good opposition."

And thus blame them.

Too often the opposition look and say, "You voters are cowardly."

And thus blame them.

What if each takes it on himself/herself that they are themselves to be blamed: the voters blaming themselves for the lack of opposition and the opposition blaming themselves for the lack of votes.

Perhaps in this lies our salvation and the safeguard of our future.

The alternatives are:
(i) the current state of opposition which will run for another 40 years and yet remain in the wilderness

(ii) the emergence of a possible ruling-party-sponsored-opposition

(iii) the continuation of PAP practically absolute rule which means more taxes, more cpf changes, more investments by our guru, more decimation of what is meant to be singaporeans, more salaries for themselves and a higher cost of living for ourselves

Hope springs eternal. Hopefully this hope is optimistic and not idealistic.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
more clones created.

do one need to deploy clones if he/she think he/she is doing right?

there are many simple questions we can ask but i bet u wouldn't get any simple answer ...maybe not even a bold respond.

BUT.....

there are many spokesman clones who will not hesitate to defend, defame, discredit, delude and finally destroy :rolleyes:

if they cannot have 5Cs, they are very good at their 5Ds:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow!!! exposure of hideout!! no joke!! can liddat one meh?? vey democratic indeed!!:rolleyes:

next will be phone #s and what else and to what extent wouldn't these rights fighters go??

so u believe their sincerity??:eek:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
by the way, start guessing who is the real motivator of all these clones:rolleyes: she's that vengeful and poisonous.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to know who is the MIW running dog mole send by his pappy master baey to create trouble here, Please Click Here

the fishmonger wife is the one who loves harrassing pappy baey. hell knows no fury of a woman shunned:biggrin:

u machiam like dat woman:biggrin:

BobKHSim

Alfrescian
Loyal
by the way, start guessing who is the real motivator of all these clones:rolleyes: she's that vengeful and poisonous.

you're a fucking retard that's why you ask this question!

is there any need of motivation or any clones in the first place!

BobKHSim

Alfrescian
Loyal
next will be phone #s and what else and to what extent wouldn't these rights fighters go??so u believe their sincerity??:eek:

you're the most famous bapok mah

who dunno you pau kah liao the whole Blk 171 Stirling Road!

if you're frustrated go and jump from the 9th storey lor .... LOL