• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The blessed land of Syam

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alhamdulillah, it’s been almost 2 weeks since I set foot upon Damascus… It has been very interesting to be living in this almost desert land where there had been no rain for many many months. The weather has been very hot when I came, but now it is slowly turning slightly milder, with cold winds in the early morning and at night. Blessing of the fasting month….soubhana Allah…

Autumn will come soon…

The people of Damascus: Well, from what I see, the people here are very good looking (handsome and beautiful) and also they are helpful. There’s about 90% Muslims here in Damascus, with the remaining being either Druze or Christians.

Dressing: I must say, almost 99% Muslim women here wear the hijab, (also known as tudung back home). If you wear short sleeved or short skirts or tight jeans here you are bound to seek “unwanted attention” i.e. it will be obvious that you look different from the rest

Overall, Damascus indeed is a blessed land as it is part of “Syam”. Prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon him), had made dua’a for blessing in the land of Syam (modern day Damascus, part of Jordan and also part of Palestine).