• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The battle for Bukit Batok has started

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: People’s Action Party (PAP) candidate for Bukit Batok Single Member Constituency (SMC) Murali Pillai said his strategy for the upcoming by-election is to focus on the needs of residents, in particular, the elderly and needy.

On the sidelines of a walkabout on Sunday (Apr 3), Mr Murali said feedback he had gathered while making the rounds in Bukit Batok included calls by residents for the Home Improvement Programme to be extended to more housing blocks in the SMC.

He also shared some of his plans for the area if elected, such as introducing a Panic Button Installation fund for elderly residents and increasing medical literacy for them.

No date for the by-election has been announced, but Mr Murali added that when it comes, it will be a matter of him presenting his credentials and experience and leaving the decision "in residents' good hands".

The walkabout on Sunday saw the media being invited to tag along for the first time. Mr Murali was joined by others in the Jurong family of MPs, including Jurong GRC MPs Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Desmond Lee and Rahayu Mahazam; Yuhua SMC MP Grace Fu, and Mayor of South West District Low Yen Ling. Former Jurong GRC MP Lim Boon Heng was also seen lending support.

The by-election was triggered by the resignation of Bukit Batok MP David Ong on Mar 12. Mr Ong left his post after an extramarital affair with a PAP grassroots activist came to light. Both have resigned from the party.

Mr Murali contested the General Election in 2015, as part of the PAP team challenging the incumbent Worker’s Party team (WP) in Aljunied GRC.

Meanwhile, Mr Murali's opponent, Singapore Democratic Party's candidate Chee Soon Juan, was also canvassing in Bukit Batok on Sunday.

Dr Chee said his top priority will be to take care of the housing estate and town council affairs.

He pledged to become a full-time MP if elected and that he will raise issues such as poverty and housing costs in Parliament.

"We don't want the residents to depend on handouts. We want to empower them, that's the difference. The more they depend on handouts, the more the power can be used as an overlord to them. What we want to do is to make sure that laws and policies give them their right to bring up their children and give them equal opportunity, so that they will be empowered," said Dr Chee.

He added that this by-election will be an interesting one, as there are many issues concerning people's livelihoods that both he and Mr Murali will have to think about.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
No handouts thne dont take MP salary lah Chee.
PAP trying to confuse voters what is national vs municipal issues. National issues like bread and butter matters... everyone will get irregardless Chee or Murali gets in. It's BB specific issues that they are campaigning for.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pappies are always kia see, kia su and boh lam par. A small By Election and pappies whole battalion is deployed in the ward to back the ah neh whereas CSJ has only his two balls and grit to fight it out in BB.

The Commander in Chief surely next to come to support the an neh, and as usual, he will talk cock.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Dr Chee said his top priority will be to take care of the housing estate and town council affairs.

He pledged to become a full-time MP if elected and that he will raise issues such as poverty and housing costs in Parliament.

"We don't want the residents to depend on handouts. We want to empower them, that's the difference. The more they depend on handouts, the more the power can be used as an overlord to them. What we want to do is to make sure that laws and policies give them their right to bring up their children and give them equal opportunity, so that they will be empowered," said Dr Chee.

He added that this by-election will be an interesting one, as there are many issues concerning people's livelihoods that both he and Mr Murali will have to think about.

Chee is playing into the hands of the PAP. Why is he letting them set the debate topics? He has to go on the offense immediately. His ability to take care of the housing estate and town council affairs is actually not in his hands. As you can see in the WP's case, they can and will sabo you. all this talk about handouts is simi lancheow? he has to play to the fears of the people.

E.G.

"All of you have sons, fathers, nephews and cousins who are doing National Service or Reservist Duties. If elected, I promise that I will be a voice for their safety and well being. Unlike most PAP Ministers and MPs, I have actually served NS. I will try my utmost to make sure that senseless and preventable deaths like Pte Dominique Lee do not happen and that if they do, the people responsible will be held accountable"

OR

"I will do my utmost to stem the flow of FTs into Singapore and I will vote against any measures to increase the FT population in Singapore. I will at the same time advocate for job protection for real singaporeans against the FTs who are stealing their jobs. "

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pappies are always kia see, kia su and boh lam par. A small By Election and pappies whole battalion is deployed in the ward to back the ah neh whereas CSJ has only his two balls and grit to fight it out in BB.

The Commander in Chief surely next to come to support the an neh, and as usual, he will talk cock.

Ya lor, agree with what you said.

But don't worry. Dr Chee is a Bruce Lee fan lah! :wink:

12671863_931128653671890_2096257002341716460_o.jpg

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I felt the same. He is also highlighting all the sad stories in Bukit Batok with pics but I am sure most residents will know that he does not have the means to financially provide for them. He seems keen to tackle things on a town council level and I am not sure if this is what people associate with an MP.

Chee is playing into the hands of the PAP. Why is he letting them set the debate topics? He has to go on the offense immediately. His ability to take care of the housing estate and town council affairs is actually not in his hands. As you can see in the WP's case, they can and will sabo you. all this talk about handouts is simi lancheow? he has to play to the fears of the people.

E.G.

"All of you have sons, fathers, nephews and cousins who are doing National Service or Reservist Duties. If elected, I promise that I will be a voice for their safety and well being. Unlike most PAP Ministers and MPs, I have actually served NS. I will try my utmost to make sure that senseless and preventable deaths like Pte Dominique Lee do not happen and that if they do, the people responsible will be held accountable"

OR

"I will do my utmost to stem the flow of FTs into Singapore and I will vote against any measures to increase the FT population in Singapore. I will at the same time advocate for job protection for real singaporeans against the FTs who are stealing their jobs. "

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Will Amnesty, UN, and Western Liberals campaign for Chee? Will they call for sanctions if he doesnt win?

we all know that the occurrence of by-election is due to a PAP MP who fuck another man's wife.. like that his PAP master also cannot help him even he suck his dick more aggressively.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
While PAP MPs cheat on their spouses and fuck other people's wife ......

Dr Chee's wife tirelessly accompanies her husband in walkabouts to greet and meet residents of Bukit Batok.

PAP (Party of Adulterous People) gives marriage a very bad name, Dr Chee shows what decency and marriage and family life is all about. Hope Bukit Batok residents vote for Dr Chee to be their MP.

12936495_10155006065363849_5216072592864881188_n.jpg

12294699_10155006065238849_9134302186861604007_n.jpg

12932789_10155006065098849_2257805231425789646_n.jpg

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Each will play to their strengths.

Pap will capitalize their excellent grassroots network and fight the by-election like a local election. In other words, residents are electing a kampung chief who will take care of municipal issues than a member of parliament who raises national issue in parliament.

Sdp on their side will emphasize heavily national issues with some mentioning of local issues like how they are going to ensure smooth transition and run the TC. Csj will like to portray himself as an alternative voice and righteous activist who will speak up for the people .

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Kudos to Dr Chee for stepping forward and speaking up for ordinary Singaporeans. :wink:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dr Chee's wife tirelessly accompanies her husband in walkabouts to greet and meet residents of Bukit Batok.

PAP (Party of Adulterous People) gives marriage a very bad name, Dr Chee shows what decency and marriage and family life is all about. Hope Bukit Batok residents vote for Dr Chee to be their MP.

12936495_10155006065363849_5216072592864881188_n.jpg

12294699_10155006065238849_9134302186861604007_n.jpg

12932789_10155006065098849_2257805231425789646_n.jpg

Cheating already--using Zhar bor as your election tool--no shame

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I felt the same. He is also highlighting all the sad stories in Bukit Batok with pics but I am sure most residents will know that he does not have the means to financially provide for them. He seems keen to tackle things on a town council level and I am not sure if this is what people associate with an MP.

At the very least, he should constantly whack home this message against the PAP from day one.

"If you elect me to represent you, I promise you I will not suddenly abandon you after a few months because of some personal issues, and will dutifully fulfill my term to the end"

I want to see how Murali is going to answer that one.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

that is a great campaign banner for Chee.

"If elected, I promise not to fuck your wife, like some PAP candidate did."

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wife is a Taiwanese, don't know if she converted but csj better be careful if his wife should get herself involve.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Wife is a Taiwanese, don't know if she converted but csj better be careful if his wife should get herself involve.

PAP are not going to go there, they wouldn't dare. Or else Chee can always bring up so many PAP Ministers and MPs with foreign wives. Start with Yaacock Ibrahim and his Puerto Rican wife. What about Mah Bow Tan and his angmo wife. many more examples. How many of them converted?