• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Thaksin's Chiobu Dotter Gave Birth to Baby Boy Nicknamed "Thasin"! Royal Familee's balls got Shrinked?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Shincorp totally write off arh? :o-o:
That was one shit show. Whore Jinx helped Thaksin by buying Shincorp assets through proxy and dummy corporations set up by Thaksin to avoid paying taxes to the Thai Govt. Then the Thai govt went after Stomachsick by killing the purchase of the telecoms companyhe sold to Stomachsick holdings. SO, whore jinx had to conduct firesale to get rid of the telecoms company. I think lost several billions $.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Business

Temasek Sells Down Thai Telecom Asset At Loss​

Simon Montlake
Forbes Staff
I chart China's economic awakening in uncertain times

Aug 19, 2011,04:56am EDT

This article is more than 10 years old

Interesting news today that Singapore's sovereign wealth fund has offloaded shares in Shin Corp, its major Thai asset, at a substantial loss. Temasek Holdings sold around 8% of Shin Corp for 36 baht a share, yielding $308 million, a substantial discount to the market price, according to Reuters:
Temasek's stake sale comes just over a month after the Puea Thai Party led by Yingluck Shinawatra, the sister of self-exiled Thaksin, won a general election in a landslide. She became the prime minister this month.

The sale of Shin Corp's controlling stake by Thaksin's family in 2006 triggered the events that led to his overthrow by the military in September that year.

The news of Cedar stake sale sent Shin Corp shares down more than 6 percent as investors worried that Temasek may sell more Shin shares at a discount. At 0509 GMT, the shares were at 38.25 baht, down 4.4 percent.

The 36 baht offer price is a 10 percent discount to Shin's Wednesday close of 40 baht.

It is also a significant discount from the 49.25 baht a share that Temasek-linked units paid in 2006 to purchase a controlling stake in Shin Corp from the family of Thaksin Shinawatra.

via UPDATE 1-Singapore's Temasek unit selling 8 pct in Thai Shin Corp | Reuters.
Temasek may have decided to cut its losses as Thailand's telecoms sector is hopelessly tangled in political and regulatory battles that have delayed the introduction of 3G, even as other Asian countries embrace 4G. Its placement of shares in the market will raise the free float of Shin, whose major asset is AIS, Thailand's largest mobile operator. Investors don't bother with the stock as there is so little liquidity.

But it doesn't end the controversy over foreign ownership of Thai telecoms, which is supposed to be capped at 49%. Temasek still controls 88% of Shin Corp via two affiliates. Its largest competitor DTAC is controlled by Norway's Telenor. Both are trying to launch full-scale 3G services, even as politicians and bureaucrats squabble over who has the regulatory authority. AIS remains hugely profitable, for all the political noise. 2Q net profit was up 26% on the year-earlier period.

Simon Montlake
Simon Montlake
I'm the Beijing Bureau Chief for Forbes. I joined the magazine in Bangkok where I covered Southeast Asian business...

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Younger daughter:

img

Gong jiao wei. Success is born to a billionaire father lah.

Last edited:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Limpeh wanna make baby with Thaksin sister leh. They're hakka, me also hakka. We can make a hakka baby together and continue our hakka lineage for years to cum... :rolleyes:

Yingluck_Shinawatra232.jpg