• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek and the plate of chay kuay tiao

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek sells BoA stake

Singapore's Temasek sold its 3 percent stake in Bank of America in the first quarter of this year, taking a loss of around US$3 billion in the process, as the state investor refocuses on emerging markets."

I wonder what an ordinary Singapore can buy with US$3 billion (S$4.5 billion?) :

Chay kuay tiao = 1,500,000,000 plates
At $3.00 per plate, it can buy you one and a half billion plates of your favourite hawker food, with extra hums. In my lifetime and the next, I can feed my families for generations to come!

LRT = every corner of Singapore can be serviced by the LRT. No need to buy COE and pay ERP liao

What else can $4.5 billion buy you?

Please add:

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek sells BoA stake

Singapore's Temasek sold its 3 percent stake in Bank of America in the first quarter of this year, taking a loss of around US$3 billion in the process, as the state investor refocuses on emerging markets."

I wonder what an ordinary Singapore can buy with US$3 billion (S$4.5 billion?) :

At $3.00 per plate, it can buy you one and a half billion plates of your favourite hawker food, with extra hums. In my lifetime and the next, I can feed my families for generations to come!

LRT = every corner of Singapore can be serviced by the LRT. No need to buy COE and pay ERP liao

Please add:

Billion in UK is different from US.. so which term are they referring too?

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
It might be about USD4mil loss in this transaction.
But Temasek cash out this shares might be use to fund other area.
Another reason it might be running out of cash.

Temasek sells BoA stake

Please add:

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote from Wooden Goh on the ministers' salary

"The price of good government is $34 million a year - or the cost of five plates of char kway teow per citizen. Has the performance of my Government justified its wage? Has my Government given you safe homes, stable jobs and fuel to dream of all the tomorrows?"