• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teaching of evolution in SG schools

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Respect for you and Zhihau's patience. Salute.
To each his own. Pick your own poison.

end of the day time pastime, showing off to everyone i was educated in Uni. And local grad can be a chao ah beng (esp the older gen) as well LOL

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Respect for you and Zhihau's patience. Salute.
To each his own. Pick your own poison.

heheh... paiseh leh, bro, 献丑了 :o:o:o (apologising for jesting around)

sometimes quite fun to play with trolls lah, back in the old forum, chalked up over 10K posts in 2 years by engaging them, you know? some good folks even messaged me privately to be careful because it might just happen to be the old man :eek::eek::eek:

you're absolutely right, to each his/her own :smile::smile::smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: Flaws Cannot Explain The Unguided Mutation

It says that, "mutation" and "evolution" may not be possible after all. Too many unsolved mysteries of Darwin's assumption or theory. "flaws cannot explain the unguided mutation"

bro,

what do you understand by the term "mutation"?
folks understand it as a morphological anomaly, the scientific community, especially the biologists, understands and defines it as the random alteration of the gene in our genome, could be a deletion or an insertion of a base-pair of the gene, the deletion or insertion of more than one base-pair, the deletion or insertion of an entire gene.

horizontal gene transfers in bacteria are so common, the superbug, which resistant to so many antibiotics, is a good example of how mutation had taken place in the natural environment. me used to have a stock of E.coli, only supposed to contain ampicillin resistance genes, that bugger ended up having multiple antibiotic resistance, namely tetracycline, and one more antibiotic which me cannot remember now. anyway, these E.coli are capable of taking in genes. me even made mutation in fish before, me had seen mutation with my own eyes, the agent responsible for the mutation is simply a transposon.

flawed theory? don't think so :o:o:o

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
the exciting part is doing this in office hour without getting caught LOL

your office firewall didnt block this website?
in my office, if we exceeded just a bit of internet usage, CIO will send emails directly to us. so some of us brought our own mobile internet access and separate laptops to surf net.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

[video=youtube;C61k7yYyKmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C61k7yYyKmk[/video]

It says that, "mutation" and "evolution" may not be possible after all. Too many unsolved mysteries of Darwin's assumption or theory.

"flaws cannot explain the unguided mutation"

may i add some more, everyone need to ask tough questions. from religion, politics, social issues, mortality, reality etc...
the day you stop asking is the day you surrendered your mind to the higher authority that will lead you by the nose.

someone did put this quote before as i type it again;

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. - Thomas Paine"

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
your office firewall didnt block this website?
in my office, if we exceeded just a bit of internet usage, CIO will send emails directly to us. so some of us brought our own mobile internet access and separate laptops to surf net.

LOL over few thousand of us using it (very conservative estimate). how to check? LOL

Last edited:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro,

what do you understand by the term "mutation"?

folks understand it as a morphological anomaly, the scientific community, especially the biologists, understands and defines it as the random alteration of the gene in our genome, could be a deletion or an insertion of a base-pair of the gene, the deletion or insertion of more than one base-pair, the deletion or insertion of an entire gene.

horizontal gene transfers in bacteria are so common, the superbug, which resistant to so many antibiotics, is a good example of how mutation had taken place in the natural environment. me used to have a stock of E.coli, only supposed to contain ampicillin resistance genes, that bugger ended up having multiple antibiotic resistance, namely tetracycline, and one more antibiotic which me cannot remember now. anyway, these E.coli are capable of taking in genes. me even made mutation in fish before, me had seen mutation with my own eyes, the agent responsible for the mutation is simply a transposon.

flawed theory? don't think so :o:o:o

Simple: Mutation simply means 'copying errors'. If the evolutionists are right, then they are saying that those million or billion of genetic copying mistakes can turn from fish to a philosophy. To fully be supportable, evolutionists must first prove that all mutations (or copying errors) that occurred since the very first 'mutation' took place are always positive.

This can never be true. Today, it has been proven that mutations due to any kind - chemical, radioactive, etc are never benefits. They willl alter - yes will alter the genes but the 'altered genes' or the 'mutated genes' are always, always inferior to the original, unmutated one. That's why we are always cautioned when we go to any establishments with X-ray machines. We are warned not to get close to the machine. And you have rightly pointed out, drug-resistance baterials due to bacteria's mutations after exposing to the drugs are creating alot of headaches for doctors. One of the sure way that human will be destroyed is when all the bacteria and viruses are resistance to all known drugs. So, how could mutations help in the evolution from non-life to life, from bacteria to a fish and finally to a human. In fact, if scientists can discover a way to prevent bacteria or virus from mutation, they have won 90% of the battles in eliminating diseases. But take my words, they will never able to.

On 'random' - it simply implies 'disorder', 'unorderly' or 'disorganized'. So, how could random mutation, i.e. changes or alterations that are disorderly done could give rise to the nature we are seeing today.

Last edited:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey fucktard, i am not sure you realised a not, take away those stupid God staff
, you are actually supporting my statement in those equations. this simply shows one thing, you have no idea what the fuck are the meaning of those equations. plain fuck, as usual shooting yourself in the foot. plain display of stupidity

THOSE ARE NOT QUANTUM MECHANICS EQUATIONS. ITS THERMODYNAMIC. TOLD YOU TO FUCKING GET A BASIC EDUCATION LONG AGO. THESE 2 ARE TOTALLY 2 DIFFERENT DISCIPLINE.

Dear Scientist (???) Rojak,

Doesn't matter whether what types of equations. Yes, all physical laws which can be expressed by mathematical equations are God's law and they are created for very specific purposes.

But you miss the point. The temperatures of animals (including human) are fearfully and wonderfully fixed by God for specific reasons. I have already told you in the previous thread. Just in case it couldn't get into your head, let me say again using the same examples. Birds have one of the highest average body temperatures at approx 105 degree F (compared to human 97.8 degree F). This is because when birds need alot of energy (and energy creates heat) when the birds are flying, especially during take-off. So, their body temperatures are high. Also, it is interesting to note that the respiratory system of birds are very different from human and other animals. Even with such high temperature, birds still remain healthy and not sick (can you imagine you have a temperature of 105 degree C). Another example - also given in previous thread - polar bears though live in an environment that at times the temperature of the environment at the North Pole can be as low as minus 35 degree C, yet polar bears temperature is still warm. The reason: God has created special furs for the polar bear. The furs are so efficient in preventing the cold that polar bears might suffer so much so that the polar bears got to dive into the icy cold water regularly to cool themselves. If they don't, they may suffer from 'heatstroke'.

Body temperature is one of a very important physiological signs and symptoms for every animal (including human). Any major variations in a sustainable long period will create health for the animals. So, get it right......please don't avoid the discussions and the debate - the debate for whether you are evolved from monkey or whether you are created by God. It is plain simple: We are all children of God (Matthew 5:9; Luke 20:36; Romans 8:16; Galatians 3:26) as proclaimed by the word of God (not chidren of a monkey!)

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

In fact, if scientists can discover a way to prevent bacteria or virus from mutation, they have won 90% of the battles in eliminating diseases. But take my words, they will never able to.

On 'random' - it simply implies 'disorder', 'unorderly' or 'disorganized'. So, how could random mutation, i.e. changes or alterations that are disorderly done could give rise to the nature we are seeing today.

that's where the misconception lies. mutation is NOT a copying error, it is defined as the insertion or deletion of a base-pair, a section of the gene, or an entire gene. whether this mutation is beneficial or hinders the reproductive success of this variant is entirely dependent on the circumstances. good case in point: a certain group of Aficans were found to be safe from Aids, doesn't mean they don't get infected, they get infected but they do not show the full blown symptoms of Aids and they also do not die from this HIV infection. it was found that they had a mutation in one of their gene which in turn translates to the inability of the HIV to latch onto the cell surface protein of the T4 cells. are mutations generally an error? are mutations generally make the new variant inferior to the original stock? the answer is a clear "no".

thank you for answering your own question, it is indeed that mutations are so random and unpredictable that there's literally no way of stopping viral and/or bacterial infections. and that is the exact mechanism that is driving the diversity of life forms that we see this day. 2 major kingdoms, many more phyla, even more classes, and more orders of being, and further down the classification we have even more families and finally all the species of living organisms which we see today. not forgetting to mention that new species are being discovered on a weekly basis.

yes, we understand that there's order in chaos, that's into the Chaos Theory.
in the meanwhile, still waiting for you to demonstrate that the 2nd law of thermodynamic disprove the evolution theory.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Really? Have any of your scientific community observed a non whale evolving into whale?
Have any of your scientific community observed a no dolphin evolving into a dolphin or any other specie for that matter?

as far as me can remember, no fossils of the whale's ancestors have been uncovered, but the closest morphological intermediates of the transitory mammalian form (from a non-whale like mammal to a whale-like mammal) me can think of are the sea-lions and seals. do need to qualify that whales and/or dolphins do not evolve from sea lions and seals. their genetic make up in terms of degree of similarity is rather distant.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
as far as me can remember, no fossils of the whale's ancestors have been uncovered, but the closest morphological intermediates of the transitory mammalian form (from a non-whale like mammal to a whale-like mammal) me can think of are the sea-lions and seals. do need to qualify that whales and/or dolphins do not evolve from sea lions and seals. their genetic make up in terms of degree of similarity is rather distant.

i saw the doc on it before, i think its a transition between ancestor of wolf and whales as evident in their skull and dna similarities. REALLY

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scientist (???) Rojak,

But you miss the point. The temperatures of animals (including human) are fearfully and wonderfully fixed by God for specific reasons. I have already told you in the previous thread. Just in case it couldn't get into your head, let me say again using the same examples. Birds have one of the highest average body temperatures at approx 105 degree F (compared to human 97.8 degree F). This is because when birds need alot of energy (and energy creates heat) when the birds are flying, especially during take-off. So, their body temperatures are high. Also, it is interesting to note that the respiratory system of birds are very different from human and other animals. Even with such high temperature, birds still remain healthy and not sick (can you imagine you have a temperature of 105 degree C). Another example - also given in previous thread - polar bears though live in an environment that at times the temperature of the environment at the North Pole can be as low as minus 35 degree C, yet polar bears temperature is still warm. The reason: God has created special furs for the polar bear. The furs are so efficient in preventing the cold that polar bears might suffer so much so that the polar bears got to dive into the icy cold water regularly to cool themselves. If they don't, they may suffer from 'heatstroke'.

Body temperature is one of a very important physiological signs and symptoms for every animal (including human). Any major variations in a sustainable long period will create health for the animals. So, get it right......please don't avoid the discussions and the debate - the debate for whether you are evolved from monkey or whether you are created by God. It is plain simple: We are all children of God (Matthew 5:9; Luke 20:36; Romans 8:16; Galatians 3:26) as proclaimed by the word of God (not chidren of a monkey!)

Assume system = life, as life is more orderly thus dS(system) = -ve
In order to obey 2nd law, dS(Surround) >> dS(system)

dS(surround) = q(absorbed by surround) / T

for ease of argument, assume constant T.

q (absorbed by surround) = q (system) >> q(surround)

thanks for supporting my statement and shooting yourself in the foot. AHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA. this shows that you simply do not know the meaning behind above simple mathematical equations and their physical meaning that i had displayed earlier on. hahhahHHAHAHA i read and really had a good time laughing THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA THAT YOU ARE SLAPPING YOUR OWN FACE HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHA.

NO WAY I AM GOING TO EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY. THIS IS FUCKING FUNNY AHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thats correct. Fossils records don't support evolution by one bit ever.
Sea lions can't give birth to whales and neither can whales give birth to sea lions.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Thats correct. Fossils records don't support evolution by one bit ever.
Sea lions can't give birth to whales and neither can whales give birth to sea lions.

me see the scientist in the making, me agree with you that fossils don't support the evolution theory, because organisms of different genetic make up may end up looking morphologically similar :smile::smile::smile:
genetic evidences produce a stronger case for the theory of evolution. meanwhile, we can continue to wait for you to demonstrate that the 2nd law of thermodynamic disproves the evolution theory :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

that's where the misconception lies. mutation is NOT a copying error, ....whether this mutation is beneficial or hinders the reproductive success of this variant is entirely dependent on the circumstances. ..... good case in point: a certain group of Aficans were found to be safe from Aids, doesn't mean they don't get infected, they get infected but they do not show the full blown symptoms of Aids and they also do not die from this HIV infection..... it was found that they had a mutation in one of their gene which in turn translates to the inability of the HIV to latch onto the cell surface protein of the T4 cells. are mutations generally an error? are mutations generally make the new variant inferior to the original stock? the answer is a clear "no"......

It's well recorded and accepted that mutation is just simply copying errors. Just go to many science reports, you can read all of these. Why some people are able to stay free from disease even though though they contacted the virus - like some of the African men / HIV case you mentioned - is a great mystery. No one actually know, at this for now. Likewise, there are people who will simply get very sick just because they have contacted simply flu while by and large most us will get recovered even without any taking any medicine. Each of our body is unique and the case of the African men/HIV is just a total exception rather than norn.

Mutation can be positive.....yes, possibly...but for every one positive case of mutation, there are ten of thousands, if not millions, that turn up to be negative. Still, science is very doubtful that mutation can bring positive results and the mutated cells can be superior to the original one.

Yes, there are new specie of insects or even some animals but they are due to what science has termed due to 'micro-mutation'. These so-called new species are not superior to the 'original' ones in terms of their physiology, ability to 'conqueror' disease. Alll of them are merely have some differences in their physical psysiology...for example...their eyes may be biggers, or their skins may bave of different colour or textual. In any even, they are of the same animal. Thus a frog cannot be mutated to become half-frog and half-fish, or a spider cannot be mutated to become half-spider and half-mosquito. These are scientific facts.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

It's well recorded and accepted that mutation is just simply copying errors.

the only time there is any copying of the genome is during mitosis or meiosis, there's transcription and translation of the genes but this process produces proteins. the notion of the copying error is a misconception and should there be any publication that you've come across indicating that a mutation is a copying error, please reflect it here. the African's case is now under scrutiny, thanks to one chap received the bone marrow of the donor whom had the mutation. the mutation has been published, clearly defined :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

there are strict regulations to prevent genetically modified organisms to come out from the laboratory, chimeras are constantly the favorite subject of interest for biologists, but as far as me can remember, no scientist managed to create a 50%:50% chimera :smile::smile::smile:

last but not least, still waiting for you to demonstrate that the 2nd law of thermodynamics disproves the evolution theory :smile::smile::smile: