• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taxi drivers are the lowest of low life

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Individually there may be a few good ones

But on the whole, they are the lowest of low life, even worst than real estate agents and used car salesman

Taxi drivers cannot make it anywhere else and as a last resort they hide underneath the government's skirt because you must have pink IC before you can apply for an LTA licence

They cannot make it anywhere and have no skills other than drive Class 3. That's it.

Then they like to judge other people. Any PRC woman automatically is a Geylang hooker to them. Any PRC man is uncouth and trouble

But they don't look at themselves in the mirror and consider if not for government protection, can they survive

Then they drive like they own the road, threaten pedestrian, cyclist safety and don't give way to bus until LTA got to come out with all these rules to keep them in check

Then they like to talk cock sing song and criticise everything under the sun and the moment I say I live in Singapore like you, live under the same law, under the same government, why I can you cannot, they angry lose temper when they brought the subject up in the first place

Taxi drivers ---- 26,000 cabs in the road times two shift = 50,000 low lives, excepting the 2,000 that may be alright

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal

But on the whole, they are the lowest of low life, even worst than real estate agents and used car salesman

spare a thought for them, life is hard for a taxi driver.

try to be one yourself and see from their point of view.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
when comes to welfare and benefit, they dont have because they are considered as self-employed, own boss.

as a "boss", they dont have any basic salary or maybe even negative earning if they are unable to drive on that day because they still have to pay rental.

long hour of driving is bad for health, 10-12 hours of driving is only enough to earn enough for a living, at the expense of health.

Some even have to endure from going to toilet just for the sake of earning a few bucks more, while others are unable to have regular meal time.

competition is tough because forever the media and reports will claim that there is not enough cabs on the road and more license are issued.

on appearance, they are classified as self-employed but actually they are slaves.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
attitude lah

fuck type attitude, bunch of losers

of course there's not enough cabs, think LTA should open to PR as well

need a bit of competition to wake these bunch of losers up

open up to PR, lift the standard of service

mrbell1009

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed need alot competition for Comfortdelgro. More taxi operators are needed or bring back yellow top taxis.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Taxi drivers cannot make it anywhere else and as a last resort they hide underneath the government's skirt because you must have pink IC before you can apply for an LTA licence

They cannot make it anywhere and have no skills other than drive Class 3. That's it.

Then they like to judge other people. Any PRC woman automatically is a Geylang hooker to them. Any PRC man is uncouth and trouble

But they don't look at themselves in the mirror and consider if not for government protection, can they survive

Then they drive like they own the road, threaten pedestrian, cyclist safety and don't give way to bus until LTA got to come out with all these rules to keep them in check

Then they like to talk cock sing song and criticise everything under the sun and the moment I say I live in Singapore like you, live under the same law, under the same government, why I can you cannot, they angry lose temper when they brought the subject up in the first place

Taxi drivers ---- 26,000 cabs in the road times two shift = 50,000 low lives, excepting the 2,000 that may be alright

Perhaps you should try becoming a taxi driver yourself and see how its llike to be one.

Cheers and Merry Christmas. :wink:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TV2008112422090200.jpg

My Familee and myself leh? *zzzz*

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year for everyone of us here, and

A CRAPPY NEW YEAR FOR ALL FUCKING PAPPIES, MPs, AND THE DOGS !!!

Before I continue, I hope you guys do not misplace your sympathy and empathy. Yes, I have friends who are taxi drivers and these minorities are well educated. I dun know what "motivate" them to be taxis drivers and obviously it is not their childhood ambitions for sure. They are polytechnic graduates, local and overseas university graduates. These minorities work their butt out for a living, however, the same cannot be said about the majority ?

Who are the majority ? Drive down to the former HDB site where it is now Surbana on every race day. The carpark is jammed pack with taxis !! And what is worst ? These morons parked their taxis illegally along the double yellow line outside the building. Instead of driving around to make more money, they waste their taxis rental and paid for parking fee to satisfy their gambling habits !! WTF is wrong with these taxis drivers ???

I was at the McDonald on one of the Fridays to meet my client there to show him some product samples. After about 2 hours of discussion, I went to get my car on the 3rd level. On my way down, there were taxis and more taxis occupying most of the parking lots !!! To my astonishment, those illegally parked taxis outside the building were blocking the traffic and I wasted much time getting to the main road.

Those years when I was working at International Plaza where the Turf Club was at, I was facing the some parking space shortage problem. When Turf Club shifted out, I heaved a sigh of relief - no more craps from these errant taxis drivers as they anyhow parked their taxis if they were late for the race.

I believe, life is not tough for these errant taxis drivers and I think, they manage to pilfer money, possibly from the government, every week to quench their gambling thirst!!

when comes to welfare and benefit, they dont have because they are considered as self-employed, own boss.

as a "boss", they dont have any basic salary or maybe even negative earning if they are unable to drive on that day because they still have to pay rental.

long hour of driving is bad for health, 10-12 hours of driving is only enough to earn enough for a living, at the expense of health.

Some even have to endure from going to toilet just for the sake of earning a few bucks more, while others are unable to have regular meal time.

competition is tough because forever the media and reports will claim that there is not enough cabs on the road and more license are issued.

on appearance, they are classified as self-employed but actually they are slaves.

Perhaps you should try becoming a taxi driver yourself and see how its llike to be one.

Cheers and Merry Christmas. :wink:

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Look like you or family member been assed by taxi driver ......else why have such hatred on them ?? :rolleyes:

oioi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I travel around with my 6 month old baby. That means a pram. I have NEVER had a taxi-driver get out to help me with the bags of groceries and the pram. NEVER.

Most drivers also cannot talk beyond a grunt here and there expecting you to understand. guess what - they also find it YOUR fault if you did not know how to get to your destination.

I am sure there are nice drivers around and I have come across friendly ones, but they are far, far too few in between.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all the postings, please accept that I'm not being sarcastic or rude. All of you have valid point concluded by observations and personal experiences.

But your views are not an accurate reflection of the reasons why is it that in Singapore this seem to be a perennial grouse and no solutions implemented had effected any change in the system. I will use the analogy of blind men feeling up an elephant to describe it's make up, as a reflection of your conclusions and statements of facts.

It will take more than a single posting to offer my take on this issue but let me give you a clue.

If men are treated like dogs, they will resign themselves to acting like dogs to save themselves the hurt!

If a cab driver feels that he is being pimped by the government, he'll act like a PRC mei mei in Geylang. Those who had the experiences of their service will understand. It is like 'look you pay to Fxxx me , well go ahead but don't expect oooh and aahs or any extras. I have a pimp who expects to be paid. Whether I'm sick or if I have any customers or not is not his concern. My cut of this transaction is only enough to keep me on this side of survival!'

Until the whore can be a true independent business person, this will remain so. Count yourself lucky if you get a cabdriver who serves you well because you deserve to be treated as a fellow human being and that should be reciprocated!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes I travel around with my 6 month old baby. That means a pram. I have NEVER had a taxi-driver get out to help me with the bags of groceries and the pram. NEVER.

Most drivers also cannot talk beyond a grunt here and there expecting you to understand. guess what - they also find it YOUR fault if you did not know how to get to your destination.

I am sure there are nice drivers around and I have come across friendly ones, but they are far, far too few in between.

collecting moni is ze most important ... anything else, heck care ...

all dese r learned fr ze very top ...

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look like you or family member been assed by taxi driver ......else why have such hatred on them ?? :rolleyes:

it's true maybe because he is shameful his dad is one..and many laugh at him because of that.

actually being a taxi driver is hard work, supposedly to be an honest living..very hard to earn because comfort-delgro wants a big share of the pie.. comfort delgo gets paid daily for the same amount even though the drivers don't get many customers during the day. ZhengHu always bao jiak ones.

they should be respected unless they overcharged you, or intentionally drive the long way to ask you to pay more.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

agreed they are the lowest form of life even when compared to taxi drivers overseas. Hard life? My foot!!!! if not happy ask them to be cleaners or labourers. every job has its "difficulties" . It's a free world. They are the only form of jobs that is under protection from garmen. Overseas people and PR , non citizens are not allowed to drive a taxi.
Why don't they just liberalise the market like for all the other occupations and alllow PR and China men to drive taxis for half the pay the twice the hours........ and the fares and cheating would all come down tremendously!!! They are full of cheats and crap people who drive like they own the road but are gutless when challenged. Most of them are rejects of society, formers low class white collar people who are retrenched, lost jobs or born losers not happy in their job yet continuing doing it. Beats me why alot of taxi driversn always involved in bad news published in ST weekly. Almost all my colleagues have horror stories to tell me of these cab drivers. Doing all things like toutings, pimping for PRC pros, unprofessional behavior like hiding like a rat just before midnite, choosing passengers and destinations, etc. Real assh%les.
Believe me as I have seen the works and live in more than 10 countries overseas and the local ones are the crappiest of the lot. Park where they like and leave the diesel engines running when they go to coffee shops for their breaks. Like what one of the forumers said, where there are 4D outlets, you would fine taxis parked illegally while they go and gambled and buy 4D.
Take a taxi in Japan or even HK and you see the difference. the Japanese taxi drivers are also all employed by their companies but they are Professional and courteous ALL the time. Even HK taxi beats local ones anytime and cheaper too. Never understand this bunch of local sore losers. crap attitude and now the economy is bad, I would definitely boycott them and take MRT even though I can afford it.
To all taxi drivers, this is a free world and if you are NOT happy with your job, please quit, pack up and go elsewhere. Only born losers stay and whine even when they are not happy( obviously because the job is easy and the pay must be good in relation to the simple skill required. otherwise the govt would have liberalise the market a long time ago and not still rely on "protectionism" for these bunch of sore losers.) If it is that hard a job, comon sense would dictate that most people would have given up and migrate to other jobs a long time ago. I say let market forces rule and take away the "protectionist" regulation. What type of easy job driving a car and yet earn a few thousands a month? Production operators , bus drivers , labourers have it worse.

Last edited: