• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tao Li Has Done Singaporeans Proud

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing that pisses me off is why sinkees have this LOSER mentality - when we get to the finals of swimming but never win, everyone says WELL DONE. Well, we lost for fuck's sake, so be ashamed! See this in soccer all the time: Lose to some big country's youth team, still have the cheek to say 'good result'. We're the laughing stock of the world. It's high time we stop making excuses like 'we're so small, talent is scarce'. Winners never make any excuses for themselves!!

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
NO KPI, NO ROI
DIN MEET THE TARGET.... invest on so much on them
Congrat what?

You retard. The targer for Tao Li was to get into the Finals and she did one better, being the 5th fastest swimmer in the world.

Jia Liao Bi losers like Ang Pee Sai and Jaws 'The Big Mouth' Yeo never even come close to her momumental achievement.:mad:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tao Li has done what Ang Pee Sai and Jaws 'The Butch' Yeo has never done in their lifetime, getting to the finals of Olympics Swimming Finals and coming in at a laudable fifth position.

Without Foreign Talents like Tao Li, these achievements would be impossible. I hope out government will import more FTs.

Olympics: Singapore swimmer Tao Li 5th in 100m Butterfly finalsPosted: 11 August 2008 1038 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Olympic swimming medal hopeful Tao Li on Monday dashed the country’s hopes with a fifth place in the women's 100m Butterfly finals.

The 18-year-old, who advanced to the finals on Sunday with an Asian record of 57.54 seconds in her heat, failed to top the record with a timing of 57.99 seconds in the finals.

Australia's Lisbeth Trickett won the gold with a timing of 56.73 seconds, the second fastest timing in the history of the sport.

American Christine Magnuson took silver, while another Australian, Jessicah Schipper came in third.

- CNA/yb

No need to import just pay the Champion $1m come over to SG give Citizenship, a house, tomorrow we have a Champion!@!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn u hear her name already u know she isn't sinkaporean.

I think she deserves our support. I can see that she is trying to integrate. She speaks singlish now, unlike the nose in the air Li Jiawei who refused to speak English.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think kudos to Tao Li for trying to integrate into Singapore society. She is still young. All the top 4 girls are about 4-5 years older than her. So, I think Tao Li has got potential for 2012 Olympics. As it is, she has made it to the Top 10 All-Time 100m Butterfly Women Swimmers in the world (btw, she is the only Asian in the Top 10 list):

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width=944 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tdTitle><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold" colSpan=6>Top 10 All-Time Swimmers</TD></TR><TR class=tdTitle><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold" width=50>Rank</TD><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold">Name</TD><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold" width=180>NOC</TD><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold" width=60>Result</TD><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold" width=100>Location</TD><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold" width=110>Date</TD></TR><TR class=tdOne><TD>1</TD><TD class=leftText>DE BRUIJN I </TD><TD class=leftText> Netherlands</TD><TD>56.61</TD><TD class=leftText>Sydney </TD><TD class=leftText>Sep 17 2000</TD></TR><TR class=tdTwo><TD>2</TD><TD class=leftText>TRICKETT L </TD><TD class=leftText> Australia</TD><TD>56.81</TD><TD class=leftText>Sydney </TD><TD class=leftText>Mar 23 2008</TD></TR><TR class=tdOne><TD>3</TD><TD class=leftText>MAGNUSON C </TD><TD class=leftText> United States</TD><TD>57.08</TD><TD class=leftText>Beijing </TD><TD class=leftText>Aug 10 2008</TD></TR><TR class=tdTwo><TD>4</TD><TD class=leftText>SCHIPPER J </TD><TD class=leftText> Australia</TD><TD>57.15</TD><TD class=leftText>Melbourne </TD><TD class=leftText>Feb 1 2006</TD></TR><TR class=tdOne><TD>5</TD><TD class=leftText>MORAVCOVA M </TD><TD class=leftText> Slovakia</TD><TD>57.20</TD><TD class=leftText>Berlin </TD><TD class=leftText>Aug 2 2002</TD></TR><TR class=tdTwo><TD>6</TD><TD class=leftText>COUGHLIN N </TD><TD class=leftText> United States</TD><TD>57.34</TD><TD class=leftText>Melbourne </TD><TD class=leftText>Mar 26 2007</TD></TR><TR class=tdOne><TD>7</TD><TD class=leftText>THOMAS P </TD><TD class=leftText> Australia</TD><TD>57.36</TD><TD class=leftText>Sydney </TD><TD class=leftText>Apr 2 2004</TD></TR><TR class=tdTwo><TD>8</TD><TD class=leftText>TAO L </TD><TD class=leftText> Singapore</TD><TD>57.54</TD><TD class=leftText>Beijing </TD><TD class=leftText>Aug 10 2008</TD></TR><TR class=tdOne><TD>9</TD><TD class=leftText>TORRES D </TD><TD class=leftText> United States</TD><TD>57.58</TD><TD class=leftText>Indianapolis </TD><TD class=leftText>Aug 9 2000</TD></TR><TR class=tdTwo><TD>10</TD><TD class=leftText>THOMPSON J </TD><TD class=leftText> United States</TD><TD>57.59</TD><TD class=leftText>Indianapolis </TD><TD class=leftText>Aug 9 2000</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SAMURAISAN

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprise ..surprise !! I thot you were dead against all FTs ?

The gahmen's FT policy all along is simply " When Sinkies cannot or will not do..bring in the FTs"

Tao Li is but an example...and she is the first Sinkie (albeit ex-Chinkie) to make an Olympic swimming final and she did not even finish last !! So much for our home grown talents who waste so much money going to the Olympics and cannot even win a heat, let alone get past one.

Yeah ...bring on more such promising FTs to do us proud (who say money cannot buy respect?) and bring on even more FTs to enable our business and employers to make bigger profits.

Give her time lah. She is still 18. Her muscles are still growing, I'm sure...

SinKing

Just a fifth position and the whole country getting wet over it. How much $$$ have we spent to get a victorious fifth spot. LOL!

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprise ..surprise !! I thot you were dead against all FTs ?

The gahmen's FT policy all along is simply " When Sinkies cannot or will not do..bring in the FTs"

I never criticise the FT policy per se. What I criticise is PAP's OVER-LIBERAL FT policy. If I remember correctly, it took us 26 years for foreign population (PR not included) to go from 100K to 800K (ie, an increase of 700K over 26 years) but in the last 2 years, we now have 1M (ie, an increase of 200K over last 2 years). I think the stats speaks for itself.

I got no problem with REAL foreign talents and especially committed ones trying to integrate into our society. However, many of the imports I've seen and worked with are no talents at all, like the bunch of Indian programmers I used to work with. They claimed they are degree holders but I think they perform more like our poly students, and sometimes even worse!

Tao Li is but an example...and she is the first Sinkie (albeit ex-Chinkie) to make an Olympic swimming final and she did not even finish last !! So much for our home grown talents who waste so much money going to the Olympics and cannot even win a heat, let alone get past one.

Sure, I consider Tao Li a real talent. She is now in the top-10 list of all-time fastest butterfly swimmer in the world. No one can dispute this fact.

Furthermore, I particularly like the fact that she is integrating into our society. She can give interviews in English. Many PRCs coming here still dont want to learn and speak English, like that Li Jiawei and many others. How are these PRCs going to communicate with our non-chinese Singaporeans?

... and bring on even more FTs to enable our business and employers to make bigger profits.

Sorry, this I cannot agree with u. If u give a blank check, that's the end of Singapore. An african doctor is even cheaper, they makes something like US$30 a month. If u take away your immigration counters, millions of Africans can come here to work. By your reasoning, sure, it's better for businesses. But what about the social cost?

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You retard. The targer for Tao Li was to get into the Finals and she did one better, being the 5th fastest swimmer in the world.

Jia Liao Bi losers like Ang Pee Sai and Jaws 'The Big Mouth' Yeo never even come close to her momumental achievement.:mad:

Ooooooooooooooooooo! I'm sooooooooo happy that PRC Tao Li didn't win any medal.

CB kiasu gahman even didn't win already front page headline big big and colour somemore. If win I think gahman declare 3 days holiday for Stinkapore.

Ooooooooooooooooooo! I'm sooooooooooo happy that PRC China gal didn't win and I won $20,000 bet with Indonesian bookie.

The next one to come back empty handed would be that gold-digger Jia Wei. Everyday I go to Waterloo street Kwan Im temple to pray that she loses and comes back empty handed!

If by importing all these half-baked foreigners can win an Olympics medal for Stinkapore, I cut off my prick and feed to you, and Vivian Balachupcheng!

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing that pisses me off is why sinkees have this LOSER mentality - when we get to the finals of swimming but never win, everyone says WELL DONE. Well, we lost for fuck's sake, so be ashamed! See this in soccer all the time: Lose to some big country's youth team, still have the cheek to say 'good result'. We're the laughing stock of the world. It's high time we stop making excuses like 'we're so small, talent is scarce'. Winners never make any excuses for themselves!!

And that CB kia, PAPY dog & gigolo David Lim can say "to swim 3 races within a week under 58 secs is world class." Tiu his mother ccb!

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think kudos to Tao Li for trying to integrate into Singapore society. She is still young. All the top 4 girls are about 4-5 years older than her. So, I think Tao Li has got potential for 2012 Olympics. As it is, she has made it to the Top 10 All-Time 100m Butterfly Women Swimmers in the world (btw, she is the only Asian in the Top 10 list):

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width=944 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tdTitle><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold" colSpan=6>Top 10 All-Time Swimmers</TD></TR><TR class=tdTitle><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold" width=50>Rank</TD><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold">Name</TD><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold" width=180>NOC</TD><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold" width=60>Result</TD><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold" width=100>Location</TD><TD class="verticalMiddle fontBold" width=110>Date</TD></TR><TR class=tdOne><TD>1</TD><TD class=leftText>DE BRUIJN I </TD><TD class=leftText> Netherlands</TD><TD>56.61</TD><TD class=leftText>Sydney </TD><TD class=leftText>Sep 17 2000</TD></TR><TR class=tdTwo><TD>2</TD><TD class=leftText>TRICKETT L </TD><TD class=leftText> Australia</TD><TD>56.81</TD><TD class=leftText>Sydney </TD><TD class=leftText>Mar 23 2008</TD></TR><TR class=tdOne><TD>3</TD><TD class=leftText>MAGNUSON C </TD><TD class=leftText> United States</TD><TD>57.08</TD><TD class=leftText>Beijing </TD><TD class=leftText>Aug 10 2008</TD></TR><TR class=tdTwo><TD>4</TD><TD class=leftText>SCHIPPER J </TD><TD class=leftText> Australia</TD><TD>57.15</TD><TD class=leftText>Melbourne </TD><TD class=leftText>Feb 1 2006</TD></TR><TR class=tdOne><TD>5</TD><TD class=leftText>MORAVCOVA M </TD><TD class=leftText> Slovakia</TD><TD>57.20</TD><TD class=leftText>Berlin </TD><TD class=leftText>Aug 2 2002</TD></TR><TR class=tdTwo><TD>6</TD><TD class=leftText>COUGHLIN N </TD><TD class=leftText> United States</TD><TD>57.34</TD><TD class=leftText>Melbourne </TD><TD class=leftText>Mar 26 2007</TD></TR><TR class=tdOne><TD>7</TD><TD class=leftText>THOMAS P </TD><TD class=leftText> Australia</TD><TD>57.36</TD><TD class=leftText>Sydney </TD><TD class=leftText>Apr 2 2004</TD></TR><TR class=tdTwo><TD>8</TD><TD class=leftText>TAO L </TD><TD class=leftText> Singapore</TD><TD>57.54</TD><TD class=leftText>Beijing </TD><TD class=leftText>Aug 10 2008</TD></TR><TR class=tdOne><TD>9</TD><TD class=leftText>TORRES D </TD><TD class=leftText> United States</TD><TD>57.58</TD><TD class=leftText>Indianapolis </TD><TD class=leftText>Aug 9 2000</TD></TR><TR class=tdTwo><TD>10</TD><TD class=leftText>THOMPSON J </TD><TD class=leftText> United States</TD><TD>57.59</TD><TD class=leftText>Indianapolis </TD><TD class=leftText>Aug 9 2000</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lai lah lai bet $10,000 I say she will not win a gold medal in the next Olympics. Can give 20% discount somemore ai mai?

NellyJamba

Well, Lee Wung Yew is the best con man around in sports. He has managed to con SSC $500,000 to train for the Olympics. Now at Seventh position from the bottom, he has a lot to answer for his less than idea performance.

Actually, he shot worst than his previous two Olympics but always has the biggest mouth to say he can secure a medal.

He is so full of S***. Just weeks ago he quoted the Lexus IS250 advertisement of having to "UNLEARN and RELEARN" all that he knew when he sought advice from an Italian coach. What the F***? Months before the Olympics and he switched his technique?! He too free or what?!

And can someone teach this teacher that there is no such thing as UNLEARN in English.

NellyJamba

Give her time lah. She is still 18. Her muscles are still growing, I'm sure...

No one even remember 2nd place.

She is 18, sure she has lots of time but the Aussies and Americans are not bringing their 16y-o with better times, becos they are not medal prospects. I am sure if they have brough them along, Tao Li won;t even get into the finals.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am relief that she did not win. And I pray that someone stop the women table tenns team from winning any medals.

Looks like very hard for your wish. Heard that Beijing blackmarket bookies are banking on 2 silver/bronze medals for Singapore table tennis team.