• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian - An Opportunist? Let see the Facts

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
an illusionist for a President??????:eek::eek::eek::*::*::*::*:

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wiFYJIeAS3s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, who is the one who "gets personal"? :wink:

You have put up information which hardly anybody would know, like having lunch, calls from TKL etc... to paint a picture. But please, even picture has a shadow in it!

And rightfully, Scroobal comes to the conclusion that your Huat Ah is so naive to be made used by TKL! Anyone who reads what you wrote will come to the same conclusions. Yeah, you are trying to say TKL is manipulative, but at the same time, there is one guy, your Huat Ah, who is so naive or even stupid, to be made used by him!

Who puts words into your mouth? Nope. It is what you have done which shows your intentions as well as your unintended, ill-conceived showing off of private information which make you look stupid as well. Don't complain about how I put it. It is plain simple and others could see it as well.

There is really nothing personal here, just a laugh off of some stupid comments you made that backfired. But since you want to make it personal, so be it. :smile:

I asked the most fundamental question, does your Huat Ah know that they are going to collect the forms together that day? If he is the willing party to play along, why do you complain? That's the gist; it just exposed your intention.

Goh Meng Seng

Scroobal has revealed what went on with TKL in PAP and Income that the public does not know, and you have not breathed a word. This is my 3rd challenge to you to come clean if it's personal. Come clean please. Don't be gutless.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Scroobal has revealed what went on with TKL in PAP and Income that the public does not know, and you have not breathed a word. This is my 3rd challenge to you to come clean if it's personal. Come clean please. Don't be gutless.

There is nothing "gutless" here. Scroobal revealed information which is not much of interest because nobody mentioned there we know much. But you have mentioned somebody we know, public figure, a WP candidate.

And interesting enough, knowing your affiliation with WP, you would actually go to such length to discredit him; I think the only thing personal here is between you and him. :wink:

Of course, you are trying to get personal with me but really, my smile is forever big. :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both Tans have their strength and weakness. What matter is they really care and step out for the people in times of need to criticise PAP policies. Whether they are opportunist or not doesn't ready matter. These people are rich enough to retire gracefully instead of bothering themselves with the people. Thus it takes a lot of guts to confront PAP and risked being black listed. It is heartening to hear they will do the same if being elected for the sake of accountability and transparency. No wonder it was rumoured HO JINX peeped in her pants and wanted to step down and let someone become scapegoat of her investment failures in Temasek.

When we tried to dig out their weakness, we must understand human is not borned perfect. Thus I am not looking for 100% perfect creature to be my president. These two are much talented and more courageous than SR Nathan. At least that is what I perceived. Any TAN who win the elected president is a win for the people. HOwever, there is another TAN whom I WILL NOT VOTE - TONY TAN!

Tony Tan - the way he led ST -all eyes can see. It is because of Straits Times, PAP only hear the good stuff and our country became divided and destructed by the way reporters carry themselve and PAP. Thus if Tony Tan become EP, he will want to carry on the job of SR Nathan, bootlicking PAP all the way, like how he run Straits Times.

Last edited:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
George Yeo was just as motivated when all his kakis backed him to take on the EP race but the thoughts of losing the battle twice scared the daylight out of him. Everybody needs motivation to perform certain tasks. The problem is... the motive behind may be construed differently by different folks. On record George had commited several sins when he was in white while TKL being just a member of the cadre did not implement policies detrimental to the public.
Having said all about TKL's ulterior motives and past misdeeds.....I wonder who is the greater sinner among the two.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interestingly when both intended to run for EP initialy, TKL a mere cadre member got the bashing while the other who shafted policies down our throats was spared the cane.
Who is good and who is bad? It's all in your mind. What pleases you is good and what fails to please is bad.

jw5

Loyal
Just read on TKL's blog that his principles will be based on fairness, justice, positive attitude etc and he will not have any political affiliation, etc. That's all well and good.

If he will not have any political affiliation, why did he ask a known opposition party member and election candidate to get his nomination forms, after being rejected politely by another one. GMS admitted in this forum that he was asked, but could not do it because of prior engagements.

Other than members of political parties, he got no other friends meh? :rolleyes:

Seriously, please walk the talk and talk the walk.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Me too. I'd vote a peeping tom for President if that chap is anti PAP

I've said it before and I'll say again, I'll vote for the person that hates PAP most.

Even if the President is a toothless tiger, the more he crosses swords with PAP, the more he erodes their self-deluded facade of morality.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mr Goh Meng Seng,

May I remind you that you are NSP Sec Gen, have stood on NSP ticket, and you have some decorum to maintain.

THFB

There is nothing "gutless" here. Scroobal revealed information which is not much of interest because nobody mentioned there we know much. But you have mentioned somebody we know, public figure, a WP candidate.

And interesting enough, knowing your affiliation with WP, you would actually go to such length to discredit him; I think the only thing personal here is between you and him. :wink:

Of course, you are trying to get personal with me but really, my smile is forever big. :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
A classic from sammyboy member Ah Hai.:rolleyes:

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NwF7mShS0po?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

No use one... I ask before and he say want him to post under alias is it? This person super stubborn and oblivious when he chooses to. Just have watch NSP being dragged through the m&d under his stewardship. Hopefully it is a short one so he can post whatever fuck he wants as GMS, not sec-gen of NSP.

Mr Goh Meng Seng,

May I remind you that you are NSP Sec Gen, have stood on NSP ticket, and you have some decorum to maintain.

THFB

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good post bro. This guy is really exploiting everyone.

Just read on TKL's blog that his principles will be based on fairness, justice, positive attitude etc and he will not have any political affiliation, etc. That's all well and good.

If he will not have any political affiliation, why did he ask a known opposition party member and election candidate to get his nomination forms, after being rejected politely by another one. GMS admitted in this forum that he was asked, but could not do it because of prior engagements.

Other than members of political parties, he got no other friends meh? :rolleyes:

Seriously, please walk the talk and talk the walk.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will also be good for TKL to state his stand on various policies such as FTs. I am sure smart people realise that things like fairness, justice are all motherhood statements. I have yet hear anyone suggesting that they will be unfair, unjust etc.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

I am not sure whether TCB or TKl can disagree with the gov of they are elected on policies driven by the government and the PM.

If he stands and thats big if, what with must get his wife permission, 100,000 signatures errrr and I am waiting for him to announce he has the endorsement of mother theresa and Dawn :_)) he can at best say that he disagree's with some current gov policies but as president his role is not to agree or disagree with the decisions of cabinet.

Locke

It will also be good for TKL to state his stand on various policies such as FTs. I am sure smart people realise that things like fairness, justice are all motherhood statements. I have yet hear anyone suggesting that they will be unfair, unjust etc.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
18 June 2011
Smears in blogs

There are a few people who have posted untrue statements about my past activities and current intentions in several blogs and websites.

Briefly, the remarks about me were:

 I have served as a powerful PAP branch secretary for 30 years

 I was disgruntled for not being invited to be a PAP MP

 I have been silent on national issues until recently

 Like other insurance companies, I was ripping off the policyholders of Income

 I used the opportunity of the mini-bond saga for political purpose

I wish to give the following statements, so that fair minded people can make their judgment of the facts and my character.

PAP Branch Secretary

I was branch secretary for Marine Parade for 3 years. I stepped down to become the chairman of the community center management committee. I did not want to hold many positions at the same time, and do not wish to be a "powerful" branch secretary. That position did not have much influence during my time, apart from organizing the weekly meet-the-people session.
(Sorry, to give away this 'party secret').

Serving as PAP MP

I did not aspire to be a MP under the PAP. I was asked twice if I was interested, once in 1979 and again in 1985 (not sure about the dates).

I declined on both occasions - as I believed that a MP should be a full time job and I cannot do justice to this job, while running NTUC Income as the chief executive officer. I had a stronger
reason in 1985, as I disagreed with the direction of the party policy (on national service, graduate mother scheme, etc).

Writing to the media

Over the past 25 years, I have written many letters that were published in the newspapers on several issues where I took positions that were different from the prevailing government
policies.

Most notable were my views about national service - which disadvantaged our male citizens in competing for jobs against females and non-citizens. I believed then that it would have a
significant negative impact on our country. We have now seen the decline in marriage and birth rates - of which national service for males is an important factor (but not the sole factor).

I have also made several suggestions on public transport, protection of consumers and other matters of concern to ordinary citizens. In most cases, there was no reply from the relevant
authority – apart from the cursory acknowledgement. Many people knew me and my views through my letters published to the newspapers.

Serving the policyholders

Many policyholders of NTUC Income know that I run the insurance cooperative on the principles of honesty and fairness and in their best interests. I kept expenses low and was able
to provide an attractive return on their life insurance savings, which is much better than those offered by other insurance companies. They are able to see the difference in how policyholders are treated, after I have retired from Income.

Helping the victims

The victims of the mini-bond saga knew that my primary purpose was to help them as much as I could during the difficult times. They appreciated my efforts and do not harbor any suspicion
that I had a political motive (which I did not).

Many of them urged me to stand for Presidential Election so that they have a chance to vote for someone who is able to be independent of the Government. Several of them have written their endorsements of my character.

Tan Kin Lian