• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sulawesi residents asked to hand over weapons

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20121127_122134_afp_gun.jpg

The Jakarta Post/Asia News Network
Tuesday, Nov 27, 2012
Palu, Indonesia - Central Sulawesi Governor Longki Djanggola has asked residents, who have frequently been involved in clashes in Donggala, Palu and Sigi regencies, to hand over the handmade weapons they used during the disputes to the authorities.

"What's the use of possessing these weapons? Want to become heroes? If you want to go to war, I can send you to Israel or Palestine," Longki said on Monday.

The governor made the remarks following widespread use of the handmade weapons in a series of clashes in the three regencies during the last few months. Longki urged the police not to remain silent. They had to do door-to-door checks on the houses of those people who were involved in the clashes, he said. "There is no need for the Central Sulawesi Police chief to be afraid of violating human rights. I'm sure if the police act in line with existing procedures, their actions will surely not be considered human rights violations," he said.

Before being forcibly confiscated, the governor advised residents to voluntarily hand over their weapons. If they stubbornly refuse to do so, however, they may face charges of possessing illegal weapons.

Locals who were involved in clashes in Palu come from the subdistricts of Baiya, Lambara, Nunu, Tatang and Tawanjuka. This month alone, seven people were injured during clashes in Tawanjuka.

"If conditions stay like this, who will suffer the losses? So, I am asking everyone to please stop attacking one another. It would be better for us to think about how to advance our areas," he added.