• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Suicide for PAP vs euthanasia for S'pore

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
PAP admits that pushing the Population White Paper is suicide for them, but yet they persist. I guess they are not self-serving afterall, and have a real heart for Sporeans. :oIo:

http://www.straitstimes.com/microsites/parliament/story/suicide-pap-vs-euthanasia-spore-20130208

By Rachel Chang

Amid talk of an impending silver tsunami, PAP MP Lim Wee Kiak (Nee Soon GRC) predicted yesterday that the "political tsunami" would come first.

The results from the 2011 General Election, and the last two by-elections in Hougang and Punggol East - both of which the PAP lost - were "loud and clear warnings" of the shifting of the political tectonic plates, he noted.

And in the face of a "rising tide of anti-PAP sentiment", he said, some had called the Population White Paper a "suicide paper" for the party. Yet, he stressed that the Workers' Party's (WP's) plan was worse.

"The feedback I received from my friends was that the alternative plans would kill the economy and this is euthanasia for Singapore. Between suicide for PAP versus euthanasia for the country... my choice is clear, I support the White Paper," he said.

During an impassioned speech that earned chair thumps, Dr Lim also outlined the difficult quandary the PAP is in, as he mulled over the prediction that PAP might one day "cede control to govern".

"After the last tsunami warning, I'm beginning to believe that that day may come sooner rather than later," he said.

Members of the public have told him that the Opposition has reasoned itself into the upper hand no matter what. It will claim credit if the Government delivers on promises; if it does not, it will go on the offensive............

[email protected]

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL is now acting like a baby...........fed up with Punggol defeat when he actually went there and help campaign...............so now wanna show he's the boss...........other PAP MPs also fed up with him liao................

if LKY were to die in 1-2 years...............PAP may have some in-fighting indeed...............those ministers may have no talent but some may be ambitious and may gang up...............

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY nation building program was built on sinking sands.

It is starting to sink and cracks are showing.

LHL is now acting like a baby...........fed up with Punggol defeat when he actually went there and help campaign...............so now wanna show he's the boss...........other PAP MPs also fed up with him liao................

if LKY were to die in 1-2 years...............PAP may have some in-fighting indeed...............those ministers may have no talent but some may be ambitious and may gang up...............

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It not as bad as PAP made it out to be. NSP, SPP, RP, SDP in their current state poses no threat to PAP. WP alone is still too small to challenge PAP's dominance. Moreover PAP knew that there will be more 3CF in the coming GE which will benefit them.

Chances are PAP will still be the gov after 2016 .

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lim's friends are the rich business owners, so they would not support the WP's plan. These rich business owners in sinkapore don't want to innovate but wanted to keep the status quo of importing cheap labour from overseas. So, if these businesses die, it will be a good thing for sinkapore. Sinkapore needs a re-engineering of business. We need business that is innovative and value added, not those that thrive only because the government is helping them with cheap labour.

The PAP are willing to commit political suicide because LHL has no desire to make it easier for his successors. Come 2016, the PAP will be gone. Hopefully, there will be still some money left in our reserves.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
It not as bad as PAP made it out to be. NSP, SPP, RP, SDP in their current state poses no threat to PAP. WP alone is still too small to challenge PAP's dominance. Moreover PAP knew that there will be more 3CF in the coming GE which will benefit them.

Chances are PAP will still be the gov after 2016 .
Even the rich are not happy with this population paper, and it is definitely not about the communication method but the long term viability of relying on ever increasing number of foreigners. Laurence lien of lien foundation, one of the richest family in Singapore, also rejected this white paper.

The rich and masses are united in rejecting pap. Now the pap is really scared.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP admits that pushing the Population White Paper is suicide for them, but yet they persist. I guess they are not self-serving afterall, and have a real heart for Sporeans. :oIo:

http://www.straitstimes.com/microsites/parliament/story/suicide-pap-vs-euthanasia-spore-20130208

By Rachel Chang

Amid talk of an impending silver tsunami, PAP MP Lim Wee Kiak (Nee Soon GRC) predicted yesterday that the "political tsunami" would come first.

The results from the 2011 General Election, and the last two by-elections in Hougang and Punggol East - both of which the PAP lost - were "loud and clear warnings" of the shifting of the political tectonic plates, he noted.

And in the face of a "rising tide of anti-PAP sentiment", he said, some had called the Population White Paper a "suicide paper" for the party. Yet, he stressed that the Workers' Party's (WP's) plan was worse.

"The feedback I received from my friends was that the alternative plans would kill the economy and this is euthanasia for Singapore. Between suicide for PAP versus euthanasia for the country... my choice is clear, I support the White Paper," he said.

During an impassioned speech that earned chair thumps, Dr Lim also outlined the difficult quandary the PAP is in, as he mulled over the prediction that PAP might one day "cede control to govern".

"After the last tsunami warning, I'm beginning to believe that that day may come sooner rather than later," he said.

Members of the public have told him that the Opposition has reasoned itself into the upper hand no matter what. It will claim credit if the Government delivers on promises; if it does not, it will go on the offensive............

[email protected]

Why the white paper is flawed:

The prolific 20 th century economist John Kenneth Galbraith once asserted that, when " faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof."