• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Subordinate courts judges wearing robes? What you think?

Nokiaster

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the legal profession decided to do away with this robes and wigs thing a long time ago....why the need for all these formal (read as needless) accoutrements??

Judges wearing robes makes them more special than the lawyers that they rule over? So the lawyers need not wear robes but the judges should in the sub courts?......

Am i missing something here??

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I thought the legal profession decided to do away with this robes and wigs thing a long time ago....why the need for all these formal (read as needless) accoutrements??

Judges wearing robes makes them more special than the lawyers that they rule over? So the lawyers need not wear robes but the judges should in the sub courts?......

Am i missing something here??

Wait till they wear the veil while sentencing sure jialat

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
How come doctors also wear robes while nurses no need?

I prefer nurse like this

nurse.jpg

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer nurse like this

View attachment 10338

Wahlan bro! I clicked the nurse pic and start imagining wild things seven early eight early in the morning! Very nice I must say. Back to the robes issue, whether the judges wear or don't wear robes, it's all in their heads and their hearts. They must be able to think logically and also act according to their consciences; a rare commodity. Imho, many of them are ultra-ambitious and care only for their own career advancement while many, if not all, will play it safe because they want to be seen as politically-correct.

windows8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that it is redundant.
Even royalty don't wear crowns these days...they wear bikini and then strip down and kena captured on photos

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All stinkapore judges are kangaroos with no fucking self respect they way they implement laws here with no fucking justice at all.
All stinkapore judges should also wear masks to hide their fucking faces.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Not strange lah. I have a friend in Bangkok who ask his maid to hold a loaded pistol while he is doggying her :o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spore justice system is not that highly respected & with good reason. You only need to look at the track record of biased judgements.

That's why they need all the props to back up their authority.:wink:

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
kekekeke I will not be gone so soon

actually i find it totally laughable....

the Chief Justice asks the chief district judge how he can enhance the standing of district court judges and this is the best thing he can come out with???

changing the clothes of the judges?

wtf does this clown have even half a fucking brain or not?

your big boss is asking you to go and find out how to solve e a problem not dress it up as if there is no problem la you idiot......

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng thinks it is right for them to do so! :biggrin: doctors also must put on white coat before going to the wards mah!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually i find it totally laughable....

the Chief Justice asks the chief district judge how he can enhance the standing of district court judges and this is the best thing he can come out with???

changing the clothes of the judges?

wtf does this clown have even half a fucking brain or not?

your big boss is asking you to go and find out how to solve e a problem not dress it up as if there is no problem la you idiot......

They are not clowns....they are kangaroos

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened to this STEWpig idea to change the name to STATE courts of what?

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/subordinate-courts-be-renamed-20130104

Why the need to raise its standing? Is its standing now poor? Why? A series of "hard to explain" decisions over several years?

Let me suggest that they change the name to Kangaroo Courts of Sinkieland and make this the anthem. I must mention that the last time I put a link to a video of the same song, it was playable directly for a few days before the error message "EMI has taken it off on copyright grounds" or something like that appeared. So, please view it before the MIW try a similar trick.

When the judge makes his entrance, instead of saying "All rise" let's change it to "Shaddup, shaddup, sit up, sit up, it's a Kangaroo Court". Enjoy ......

[video=youtube;UjF2_8UuIKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjF2_8UuIKM[/video]

Last edited:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hahahaha change a name here.... wear new clothes and voila.... we get enhanced standing for the cheebye courts??

hahahahahaha

fuck off la...,another jedi mind trick as WMM wouild say......nice try you but we are not stewpig cunts!!!!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hahahaha change a name here.... wear new clothes and voila.... we get enhanced standing for the cheebye courts??

hahahahahaha

fuck off la...,another jedi mind trick as WMM wouild say......nice try you but we are not stewpig cunts!!!!

[video=youtube;PkgntZqYDHU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkgntZqYDHU[/video]