• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Study confirms tensions between S'poreans and new immigrants

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wish to use your point to to emphasize why the "unwanted foreigners are "allowed" to come to Singapore - economic needs. The Pandas are given that treatment because of that - as a tourist attraction and to further enrich ties with a growing economic power, whilst the wild boar are an economic liability. Endangered species? If that is so, it is China's problem, not Peesai's. And the Ah Tiongs have no reservations about sending these "endangered" animals to anywhere in the world to strengthen friendship. If Singaporeans were that conscious about animal extinctions and other humane treatments to fellow sentient beings, there would be protests and boycott to the dolphins being kept in Sentosa. And the boars will not be culled, which was the uncontested decision.

Cheers!

Ehhh substance over form la! You are comparing an endangered animal species with one that is extremely common in this region to the extent that it is disrupting the lives of those people who have to live near it.

Furthermore these two pandas are on loan from PRC government, and the pandas are only loaned to countries which PRC is trying to build friendly relation with. The two pandas are more than just endangered animals here.

Of course they get the million dollar treatment here la :rolleyes:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not welcome the two bears? Aiyah, they were more than welcome, they were given the red carpet treatment. And the wild boars did not "overstay" their welcome, their natives, locals, this is their home. Their kind was here even before Stamford Raffles landed. And how can looking for food be "nuisance." If the humans find they are not wanted, the humane thing to do is to relocate them, not cull them.

Me, I wasn't welcomed either, I am here on employment pass, allowed to work. My family isn't entitled to education nor health subsidies, not that I am complaining, just using the animals as an analogy to the foreign humans here.

Cheers!

Good one!:biggrin:

Anyway, the pandas are a face showing PR exercise for the 超级白. Doesn't do any of the citizens any good.

Boars on the other hand, though a native and nothing wrong with searching for food has failed to acclimatize to the changes around them. All of them are still living in the past, while the world had already gone by.
For them, they deserved to be culled when they refuse to change.

As for those who have come to live, work in Singapore. As long as they learn to fit in, accept that they are visitors and not impose their way of life on us, we welcome them. Most importantly, know where they stand and do not overstay their welcome. Steady boh??:biggrin:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Our ministars need study to tell them basic facts because they never experience these themselves... never had to compete with FTs for jobs, for promotions, never have to fight for space in MRT or buses...etc

and what common destiny they talking about? for the new citizens, its just money and money and more money, after which they will bugger off back to their original countries, or the USA , and screw their so called new citizenship

SlickJon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical govt..must 'officiate' everything with a survey even though the rift btw sinkies and new immigrant is blatantly obvious.

so now that they've got it down as proof, lets see what they're gonna do abt it

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Typical govt..must 'officiate' everything with a survey even though the rift btw sinkies and new immigrant is blatantly obvious.

so now that they've got it down as proof, lets see what they're gonna do abt it

er... we just have to be more tolerant of them lor..

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
First, they tell u they are bringing us foreigners to take up jobs no Singaporeans want. Which is funny becoz of the shit pay the uncompetitive local companies pay, with the support of our government. Now they are prepping us to have foreigners as our bosses. PAP are bloody liars, and VB says I wont be sued for saying so.

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me, I wasn't welcomed either, I am here on employment pass, allowed to work. My family isn't entitled to education nor health subsidies, not that I am complaining, just using the animals as an analogy to the foreign humans here.

Do you get education subsidies in your Homeland? If yes, it is good that your Family is NOT in Singapore.
Do you get health subsidies in your Homeland? If yes, it is even better that your Family is NOT in Singapore.

Why compare FT population in Singapore to the black & white fuzzballs?
  • Fuzzballs do not crowd public transport; FT population does...
  • Fuzzballs do not take up Singaporean's living space; FT population does...
  • Total number of Fuzzballs = 2; FT population = millions...

Do you expect to be welcomed by Singaporeans?

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First, they tell u they are bringing us foreigners to take up jobs no Singaporeans want. Which is funny becoz of the shit pay the uncompetitive local companies pay, with the support of our government. Now they are prepping us to have foreigners as our bosses. PAP are bloody liars, and VB says I wont be sued for saying so.

Isn't it a standard operation procedure for those MIWs. ERP system was introduced to replace the old CBD charge system. Look how big the CBD area has expanded now? AMK? Toa Payoh? Na Beh Chee Bye! Fuck PAP! :oIo:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you expect to be welcomed by Singaporeans?

No. And I don't expect preferential treatment either. How I am treated, it is up to the other party, I just maintain my stance and composure of which I confidently show that I have been raised well, speak and present myself well, and behave with manners and consideration for any and every other human being. That was how I was brought up. And as a certain cousin once told me, who you are and how you are treated depends on how you place yourself. Just surprised that so many Singaporeans treat foreigners here with such disdain and contempt surprise me especially when the home boys grag about how fine this city is and how everything here is so "world class", implying that their lives are good. Can't they just simply see many workers here as working to improve their own lives?

Cheers!

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just surprised that so many Singaporeans treat foreigners here with such disdain and contempt surprise me especially when the home boys grag about how fine this city is and how everything here is so "world class", implying that their lives are good. Can't they just simply see many workers here as working to improve their own lives?

Average life of a Singaporean who holds a university degree is not bad (to good).
However there are locals who possess lesser qualifications.
As a Singaporean, I would prefer a bigger pool of opportunities for this portion of our population rather than the FTs.
I care about fellow Singaporeans working to improve their lives, raising a family & caring for elderly.

Foreigners are 'aliens' (borrowing from US Alien Registration program).
Do productive work when you hold a job in Singapore, but there is no reason for Singaporeans to appreciate/understand FTs.
Thank you (in advance) for leaving when your employment pass expires.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Average life of a Singaporean degree or diploma life is rather comfortable. How many other working class peoples across the globe employ maids?
For those seeking more opportunities, look abroad, Singapore is small and limited. And Singapore passport has almost no limitations. If you care for your fellow citizens that much, do something for them.
Singaporeans expected to appreciate/understand FTs - absolutely and definitely. Singaporeans are highly educated, and well travelled and earn high value Singapore dollar; responsible treatment and respect for ALL human beings should be a basic trait amongst her citizens.

Cheers!

Average life of a Singaporean who holds a university degree is not bad (to good).
However there are locals who possess lesser qualifications.
As a Singaporean, I would prefer a bigger pool of opportunities for this portion of our population rather than the FTs.
I care about fellow Singaporeans working to improve their lives, raising a family & caring for elderly.

Foreigners are 'aliens' (borrowing from US Alien Registration program).
Do productive work when you hold a job in Singapore, but there is no reason for Singaporeans to appreciate/understand FTs.
Thank you (in advance) for leaving when your employment pass expires.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Me, I wasn't welcomed either, I am here on employment pass, allowed to work.

Jfi not many sinkies welcome FTs holding EP or even S-P. Alot of FTs whom i know possessed good qualifications fm their motheland. Quite a no of them degree holders were given EP or even S-P status. Companies in Sinkieland rather employ FTs degree holders for obvious reasons. Its a real challenge for Sinkie graduates and diploma holders looking for middle income jobs.

As for usual comments like Sinkies fussy abt pay? I only agree 20%.

Last edited:

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal
Average life of a Singaporean degree or diploma life is rather comfortable. How many other working class peoples across the globe employ maids?

Do advise maid employment data statistics.

For those seeking more opportunities, look abroad, Singapore is small and limited. And Singapore passport has almost no limitations. If you care for your fellow citizens that much, do something for them.

Locals should look for opportunities abroad so that FTs can take local employment?
BINGO!!! Singaporeans ARE being displaced in the local job market.
Any surprise that increasing numbers of Singaporeans are being vocal about disliking FTs?

How do I help Singaporeans?
For local job seekers whom I interview which are qualified but do not fit job description, I recommend them to other hiring managers.
For elderly local people who sell tissues priced at $1 for 3 packs, I help out by buying as well as giving a pack of apples or bunch of bananas.
& so on...

Singaporeans expected to appreciate/understand FTs - absolutely and definitely. Singaporeans are highly educated, and well travelled and earn high value Singapore dollar; responsible treatment and respect for ALL human beings should be a basic trait amongst her citizens.

This is your expectation. A rationale of the culture/norm of your Home country.
Singapore has its regulations/law.
Singaporeans must follow these regulations/law.

However I repeat that Singaporeans Do NOT need to appreciate/understand FTs. Singaporeans can voice our dislike of FTs.

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is the new reality of modern day globalization.

Most Western European countries will become Islamic republics by 2050 applying Sharia Law for all people.

Cities like Vancouver, San Francisco, Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland & Perth will become filthy Chinese cities by 2043 with high cost of living and overcrowding.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If Sinkies are not happy with new immigrants, they can fuck off to some other country.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why they need to waste money and pay others for such a study to confirm such things? Just need to come in here and read.. dont even need to register nor donate and they can get a quick feel of a ground AT A MUCH QUICKER PACE..