• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stomp staff sacked over false 'MRT open door photo' - Guess the race?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. fat kid!
2. you are absoutely right on that.
3. honest, i have a relation who married some black thing here.
4. some fernandez thing that proclaims its forefathers were whites.
5. shit! every damn thing is black including prick hoh!
6. speaks like some common sheep.

Warren Fernandez?

special_aug04_img5.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So some of the Stompers are on SPH's payroll, disguising as citizen journalists?
How low can they go?
:*:

The very concept and existence of STOMP is already a shame and disgrace.

You don't need attention-whoring 'citizen journalists' if the journalists were doing what they're supposed to do: investigative, unbiased watchdogs, not gagged-and-bounded regime cheerleaders and Goebbels-inspired spin meisters.

And don't get me started with the blatant plagiarism: plastering every pic they have with that shitty STOMP watermark.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Mr Patrick Daniel, editor-in-chief of SPH's English and Malay Newspapers Division, said in the letter: "My team and I would like to apologise unreservedly to SMRT for this erroneous report by one of our staff. We truly regret the damage this has caused SMRT."

The report was erroneous insofar as it concerns the copyright owner of that photo. The real damage the photo may have caused SMRT has nothing to do with who snapped the photo, but whether the photo was real.

Mr Patrick Daniel as a responsible editor of SPH should now go further and verify if the photo was real or photoshop. Sacking the reporter does nothing to verify the truth that the photo was supposed to reveal.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
U know when a friend forward this pic to me and asked me if it could happened. I told him most unlikely eversince a similar incident happened around bedok station over 20years back. Lots of hardware and software have been added in by LTA and SMRT to ensure it won't happen again but no matter how safe a system is there is always room that something bad will happen. But I pretty sure it won't happen.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So some of the Stompers are on SPH's payroll, disguising as citizen journalists?
How low can they go?
:*:
Same same you call those chatlines to 'make friends'....alot of the ladies there are also on the payroll pretending to be caller themselves.

So back to the picture....is it real? Everyone forget about the picture liao?

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about the fate of the chinese newspaper journalist that reported Tony Tan attended a football match when Tony Tan and he did not attend.

grunt72

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have insider info from friend inside SMRT. Photo was faked and the editor of Ms Francis also knew and tried to defend her at first. After persistent investigation by SMRT, then Stomp forced to admit the above truth. VERY malu and disappointed in such irresponsible journalism, but then again - Stomp is at best citizenry news mongering without same standard of journalistic integrity. Not that ST has a lot of that as well haha...

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly!

I have seen so many Indians who die die claim that they are not Indian. They say got portuguese bloodline lah or this and that. but they look, talk and act like Indian

But they very good at talking and wayang. That is something I cannot beat them. Very good lah.

Just test them with a yes or no question.

If they shake their heads with a yes answer, you will know they are pure bred chow ah neh !

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did anyone consider the possibility of a "faked" "faked news"?
I am suggesting the whole incident about SPH's fake citizen journalism itself could be a wayang - purpose? To distract public from the real issue ie how screw-up SMRT is. Not forgetting some comical kangaroo judgement was recently passed acquitting SMRT from any liability.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did anyone consider the possibility of a "faked" "faked news"?
I am suggesting the whole incident about SPH's fake citizen journalism itself could be a wayang - purpose? To distract public from the real issue ie how screw-up SMRT is. Not forgetting some comical kangaroo judgement was recently passed acquitting SMRT from any liability.

I agree. It's meant to distract.

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
people will not progress and move to a higher level if he keeps looking at issues like race and nationality. in this forum there are so many this type of people.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your comments remind me of this story.

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2010/01/people-of-the-tents/

The campsite had a holiday feel to it. Clothes hung on makeshift clothes-line. Small stoves and barbeque pits occupy the floor around the park shelter. There were fishing rods, crab traps, guitars, styrofoam boxes, unwashed plates and utensils as well.

At one of the shelter, there was even a table on which were two containers of syrup. People – mostly Malays – sat in the shelter, chatting, laughing. A couple arrived with their kid pushing a small shopping cart of groceries. I counted 23 tents pitched on a grass patch about 50 meters long. The kampung spirit certainly lived on in these people, one would assume.

Except that most of them would rather not be here at Sembawang Park. They were here because they had nowhere else to go. You could say they are homeless, but you would be wrong. The homeless do not exist in Singapore. They are merely ‘temporarily displaced’.

Andrew (Chief Editor of TOC) and I spoke to a couple seated inside one of the shelters. The male – his name is Zazali – had a place to stay, but he came on weekends to see his friends staying here. He was a very friendly chap, but as he spoke about the people living here (he claimed there were about 15 households), you could sense the frustration in his voice.

That is one room too many for a fucking loser. In fact a tent at East Coast will do.

Last edited: