• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stocks & Shares

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm betting the STI to go 2,500-2,600 before moving in. I'm sure many of you are making from the bear market as well. I'm the long type, so just waiting on the sidelines.

how you make from the bear market? everyday i see my portfolio value dropping :(

Temujin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Providing advice is easy, but doing it is difficult. Everybody say buy when nobody wants to buy, but really, who really does that ...

Another myth, never believe people when they say buy high dividend companies when market is bda. This is only for people or funds that have too much money so they need to die die invest in safer stock even if the share price will drop .... the simple reason being they are compared against overall market, as long as they drop less than whole market, it is outperformance and they have done their job. But think about it, high dividend stocks will not give you the returns when market recover ....

So even now, when market has drop so sharply, just accumulate stocks, but if you heng heng, the stock go up greater than 10% after you buy within a couple of weeks, take profit first .... market will move at best sideways for a while more. But start accumulating, if you want to make big bucks, but if you are punter, forget about stocks now

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
how you make from the bear market? everyday i see my portfolio value dropping :(

I don't.. but short selling by CFD is one method. Like I said, I'm no shortist.. I'm sure there will be experts in this forum who can advise.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stocks have been plunging and is it a really good time to buy them?
Any tips on a specific stock or share to buy?

Yeah buy now..... but only play with spare $$$ you can afford.
I dun bother with keeping tabs on any particular stock or share.... I left everything to my remisier.... she only need to call me to confirm the buy/sell orders and so far she has not failed me..... in the past week alone she made more than 40k for me :biggrin: