• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STI Down 70 points

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to know that you are ok.

Wall street is up 619 points, almost 4%. That shd help STI today

my share some in higher price. hard to sell. i will just hold for dividend.

one good things is i dont own a lot penny.

my counter most are blue chip, eg singtel, dbs, ocbc, HL finance, UOI, STE, semb corp and semb marine.

i think should be able to ride this recession if really happens.

thank you. hope you dont mind i always call you tracy jie. hahahaha.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

my counter most are blue chip, eg singtel, dbs, ocbc, HL finance, UOI, STE, semb corp and semb marine.

no worries. I will share my views whenever I can. But the decision to buy, sell or hold has to be yours as you know your financial situation well and you know whether u can afford to hold these blue chips

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
no worries. I will share my views whenever I can. But the decision to buy, sell or hold has to be yours as you know your financial situation well and you know whether u can afford to hold these blue chips

hard to sell also. someone told me, long term is down.

i hope i able to sell all my holding before the doomed day.

dunno. newspaper says recession will not be coming. i always doubt of what the analysts said.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hard to sell also. someone told me, long term is down.

i hope i able to sell all my holding before the doomed day.

dunno. newspaper says recession will not be coming. i always doubt of what the analysts said.

don't believe what the newspaper, especially SG newspapers, says. You have to read company reports which are factual and objective and form your own opinions and conclusions.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I got out totally from the Spore market soon after the big crash and focused in the US market.

There are a few reasons for doing this. I made more $$ in the US market. This market is not dominated by big players like the Lees, Temasek,.... More eyes are watching for irregularities. You can buy single shares & don't have to buy in lots. The transaction cost is cheaper with my US broker charging only US$10 per transaction. I don't have to pay any gst when buying shares or receiving dividends. My broker does not charge me any fees for holding shares which I have owned for years. The US market also has better liquidity. There is always someone willing to buy even in a down market. Unlike in the Spore/Malaysian market where I was unable to sell any shares because of fear.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got out totally from the Spore market soon after the big crash and focused in the US market.

There are a few reasons for doing this. I made more $$ in the US market. This market is not dominated by big players like the Lees, Temasek,.... More eyes are watching for irregularities. You can buy single shares & don't have to buy in lots. The transaction cost is cheaper with my US broker charging only US$10 per transaction. I don't have to pay any gst when buying shares or receiving dividends. My broker does not charge me any fees for holding shares which I have owned for years. The US market also has better liquidity. There is always someone willing to buy even in a down market. Unlike in the Spore/Malaysian market where I was unable to sell any shares because of fear.

Be careful of the US mkt. It can be very volatile

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be careful of the US mkt. It can be very volatile

The same can be said for any market:biggrin:
If the PAP loses control of Spore the market in Spore may get more volatile e.g. the PAP selling their share & run road. Maybe more skeletons will surface from Temasick:confused:

My Malaysian shares are worth less because of the weak ringgit. With my US investments I don't have to worry about foreign exchange problems & the dividends I receive are actually now worth more $:smile:
I have a US$ account in Spore & will keep my $ in US dollars until there is better visibility about where the Spore economy is heading.

If people are worried about volatility they should take a look at ETFs(Exchange Traded Funds).

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the PAP loses control of Spore the market in Spore may get more volatile e.g. the PAP selling their share & run road. Maybe more skeletons will surface from Temasick:confused:

My Malaysian shares are worth less because of the weak ringgit. With my US investments I don't have to worry about foreign exchange problems & the dividends I receive are actually now worth more $:smile:
I have a US$ account in Spore & will keep my $ in US dollars until there is better visibility about where the Spore economy is heading.

If people are worried about volatility they should take a look at ETFs(Exchange Traded Funds).

PAP is a prostitute that serves businesses and sacrifices SG workers

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP is a prostitute that serves businesses and sacrifices SG workers

This fight is not just your voting for opposition, any opposition against the PAP

Singaporeans must do much more than just relying on their single vote.

UNDER THE FUCKING PAP, SINKIES ARE 4TH CLASS CITIZENS IN THEIR OWN LAND STOLEN FROM THEM BY PAP
PAPs ARE THE 2ND CLASS CITIZENS WITH THE LEE FAMILY AS THE FIRST CLASS ARISTOCRAZIES

FTs ARE TAKEN IN AS THE 3RD CLASS CITIZENS KICKING SINKIES INTO 4TH CLASS AND SINKIES GOOD ONLY TO GO
HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH TO BE FUCKED AND TIEWED BY PAPs LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THEIR BANKS.

YOU MUST CANVAS FOR THE OPPOSITION, ANY OPPOSITION , BY TALKING TO YOUR FRIENDS AND THOSE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
UNITE ALL OF THEM TO VOTE OUT THE PAP AGAINST THEIR FUCKING FTs THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO PACK IN TO STEAL YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDREN FUTURE

TALK TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS , AND TO PEOPLE THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW
TELL THEM ALL TO TALK TO THEIR FRIENDS AND EVEN TO PEOPLE THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW

LET US REGAIN BACK OUR SINGAPORE FROM THE STINKAPORE THE PAPs ARE CREATING AT THE EXPENSE OF ALL OF US

STOP THE FUCKING PAPs FROM LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THEIR FUCKING BANKS AND BACK FROM THEIR FUCKING BANKS

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

STI is up 43 points today. OCBC is up 9c

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tracy jie

u knew why singtel cant up much?

is it because aud depreciation?

can be due to several reasons:

1. A$ low exchange rate
2. SingTel's price is still high when compared to other blue chips
3. Expecting challenging environment with M1 and Starhub gaining market share

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
can be due to several reasons:

1. A$ low exchange rate
2. SingTel's price is still high when compared to other blue chips
3. Expecting challenging environment with M1 and Starhub gaining market share

thanks you very much. wonder should i sell my singtel. now in profit.