• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stamford Bridge thread: BLUE is the Colour

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chelski will qualify,no problemo. They will be playing at home and Spanish teams have not generally performed well on English turf with the exception of Barca. They will qualify as runners-up.
you could be right but expect the unexpected.
If Chelsea never recover from their current poor form, Valencia might be the next spanish club after Barca.:eek:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
you could be right but expect the unexpected.
If Chelsea never recover from their current poor form, Valencia might be the next spanish club after Barca.:eek:

The unexpected result will come from the Basle vs Man Utd game. I expect an upset for this one. Basle is determined to do a city on us and that should force Ferguson to buy big in January.

Whoever plays Chelsea in the KO stages will get KOed as I suspect AVB will be given a war chest to reinforce the squad provided they get a good draw in Dec. I just have this funny feeling that Chelsea will be drawn to meet REAL-master vs 'protege'. AVB worked with Mourinho at Porto and this should be an interesting game.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The unexpected result will come from the Basle vs Man Utd game. I expect an upset for this one. Basle is determined to do a city on us and that should force Ferguson to buy big in January.

Whoever plays Chelsea in the KO stages will get KOed as I suspect AVB will be given a war chest to reinforce the squad provided they get a good draw in Dec. I just have this funny feeling that Chelsea will be drawn to meet REAL-master vs 'protege'. AVB worked with Mourinho at Porto and this should be an interesting game.
if AVB can be as ruthless as SAF, things might work. Bench those sluggish players and promote young blood.
you right if up against Madrid, we will get KO easily.

Last edited:

Bertiegol01

so...we can post questions here?if yes..i have one
hoe to see my post becouse it say i can't acces my post's but i don't have any email soo how to see my posts?

jw5

Loyal

Man Utd need a draw against Basel, they should play a 6-4 formation if everyone is fit. :o
Like Napoli who have only Lavezzi, Cavani, Hamsik and Maggio as attacking players.
Utd should play with Jones and Fletcher in central midfield and let Nani, Young, Rooney and Chicharito to attack.

Chelsea won't be able to buy any really impact players, as most of the really good players will be cup-tied. If their league position is poor and are out of champions league or look vulnerable, the good players won't go either. Real or Barca will beat Chelsea easily, for that matter, they will probably beat Man Utd easily also.

jw5

Loyal
if AVB can be as ruthless as SAF, things might work. Bench those sluggish players and promote young blood.

The weakest link in the Chelsea team is the asshole John Terry.
He is slow and arrogant, the worst traits for a defender.
His "buddy" Rio is not far behind.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd need a draw against Basel, they should play a 6-4 formation if everyone is fit. :o
Like Napoli who have only Lavezzi, Cavani, Hamsik and Maggio as attacking players.
Utd should play with Jones and Fletcher in central midfield and let Nani, Young, Rooney and Chicharito to attack.

Chelsea won't be able to buy any really impact players, as most of the really good players will be cup-tied. If their league position is poor and are out of champions league or look vulnerable, the good players won't go either. Real or Barca will beat Chelsea easily, for that matter, they will probably beat Man Utd easily also.

You cannot trust them to hold Basle. Just look at the Benfica game and the one against Basle at OT. They're in the habit of making poor decisions and committing silly mistakes. I hope they play Giggs and Hernandez against Basle as the two appear to play well together. Throw in Nani,Fletcher and Carrick. That blardy Carrick should play ahead of the back 4. The 4-1-3-2 formation should help us get the early goals that we need and hopefully the defence and that Spanish idiot dun make any more blunders.

Chelsea doesn't need 'high impact' players at this point. All they need is a mobile defender that can marshal the defence. Terry is farked. The club also need someone who can play in a defensive midfield role ahead of that bum-Mikel. Yes, most of the top players are cup tied but they can certainly uncover gems in Europe, S. America or better still-just buy Cahill.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, I agree. Luis cannot play alongside Terry. The two simply cannot co-ordinate and when u throw in Bosingwa in the mix, u have MAYHEM!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Madrid is flying and the players look sharp. Mourinho and company have conditioned the players to perfection again. They appear to have a secret formula as they've repeated the same feat with Inter and Chelsea. Its more than just the persona and I think its the training regime that he puts the players thru but I am keeping faith with AVB and should they cross swords in the KO stages, we may witness the mother of all upsets.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look at the line up, dunno why i feel it inject freshness into the team...:biggrin:

1) P. Čech
3) A. Cole
26) J. Terry
2) B. Ivanović
4) David Luiz
16) Raul Meireles
7) Ramires
6) Oriol Romeu
11) D. Drogba
23) D. Sturridge
10) Mata

Mikel and Lampard pls take a seat. both need not to come on at 2nd half.:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I expect Chelsea to go far in the CL and BPL. I just hope Hiddink keeps his trap shut and allow AVB to do his job. The last thing the manager and players need is distraction from former managers.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
get rid of Lampard and Terry lah....
my sentiments too but not just 2 of them.:wink:

I expect Chelsea to go far in the CL and BPL. I just hope Hiddink keeps his trap shut and allow AVB to do his job. The last thing the manager and players need is distraction from former managers.
maybe Hiddink wanted to show his passion towards Chelsea but words of support to AVB will be much better.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
first 90min match, i would say Oriol Romeu is much better than Mikel in the defensive mid role.
give him few more matches and we might polish a gem.:biggrin:

we have more movements in mid most of the games wif a fresh starting line up.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe Hiddink wanted to show his passion towards Chelsea but words of support to AVB will be much better.

He undermined AVB's authority by continuously associating himself with Chelsea for the past few weeks. The players must have felt that a change in manager is on the cards which could have led to the under par performance.
AVB should do a clear out at the end of the season but beef up the back 4 if they are to win any silverware this season.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AVB should do a clear out at the end of the season...
end of season is too late cause he might not last end season.
he must do it in January. promote youngsters or buy.
we have Josh McEachran and Oriol Romeu in the senior squad. maybe retrieve Gaël Kakuta back from loan.

my list to ship out while they still fetch money: Kalou, Lampard, Terry, Mikel, Bosingwa, Malouda.
pending: Torres :eek:

the amusing part is Terry is the captain and Lampard is vice captain.
half hearted players to be team captain :eek:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
end of season is too late cause he might not last end season.
he must do it in January. promote youngsters or buy.
we have Josh McEachran and Oriol Romeu in the senior squad. maybe retrieve Gaël Kakuta back from loan.

my list to ship out while they still fetch money: Kalou, Lampard, Terry, Mikel, Bosingwa, Malouda.
pending: Torres :eek:

the amusing part is Terry is the captain and Lampard is vice captain.
half hearted players to be team captain :eek:

First, u are unlikely to see that many players moving clubs when the January transfer window opens. Second, Chelsea have to ensure that they finish top 4 if they are to qualify for Euro's premier competition. The current squad is good enuff to ensure qualification. Third using the 'bazooka approach' of massive changes is likely to be more destabilizing, more so if its in the middle of the season.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First, u are unlikely to see that many players moving clubs when the January transfer window opens. Second, Chelsea have to ensure that they finish top 4 if they are to qualify for Euro's premier competition. The current squad is good enuff to ensure qualification. Third using the 'bazooka approach' of massive changes is likely to be more destabilizing, more so if its in the middle of the season.
throw in more youngsters into the senior squad to fresh things up.:smile: