• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Spotted this creature

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was taking a stroll at night and saw some people looking at this raccoon-like creature. I think it is a civet cat. This is the first time I have seen one in the wild in Singapore and in a densely-populated area as well. Sorry for the photo quality but it is definitely not a cat, look at the triangular shape of the head.

2jepvfb.png

Aioria

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was taking a stroll at night and saw some people looking at this raccoon-like creature. I think it is a civet cat. This is the first time I have seen one in the wild in Singapore and in a densely-populated area as well. Sorry for the photo quality but it is definitely not a cat, look at the triangular shape of the head.

2jepvfb.png

Catch it and sell it for a fortune to the Tiongs.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could be Chupacabra, so just take off like the SPF cops during riot and hands fully up in the air, hoprfully, the devilish beast will not pursue

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. It is a civet cat, known locally as musang. It is a native species not considered endangered. I've eaten one many years ago at a relative's residence in Pontian, remember its meat to be quite tender. When SARS broke out, its origin was attributed to folks in China eating this animal, didn't affect me though.

Cheers!

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes. It is a civet cat, known locally as musang. It is a native species not considered endangered. I've eaten one many years ago at a relative's residence in Pontian, remember its meat to be quite tender. When SARS broke out, its origin was attributed to folks in China eating this animal, didn't affect me though.

Cheers!

Saw one in a cage in a coffee plantation but it was sleeping so it was difficult to get a good picture. Tasted the Luwak coffee and purchase some to bring home.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

Agree.

This specie is well known for foraging out of their habitat for exciting delights in the afternoon.:o

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do dey oso dwink chivas atau heineken? ... :confused: :o

Of course not.

According to the spokeswoman of National Geographic, this specie by and large, consume juices from fruits if they are available. During the fruits' off season, the specie will inadvertently have to drink rain water.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is an alternative form of PA (animal behivour) actively listening to the ground for PAP.

2jepvfb.png

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw one in a cage in a coffee plantation but it was sleeping so it was difficult to get a good picture. Tasted the Luwak coffee and purchase some to bring home.

Yes, heard about the coffee that passed through the digestive system of the animal but have not tasted it before. Is it available in SG?