• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Spore passport renewal issue

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. I do not think parents can renounce their children's citizenship.

2. Anyway, I do not think the Singapore authorities will want the quitters to enjoy the privileges of a Singapore passport. Sometimes, ambiquity can be a good thing. Since he has served NS, he remains a Singaporean. So what he travel on Aussie passport. When it is time to decide whether to return to Singapore, he can renounce his Aussie citizenship. But if he change his mind, he can still use his last "card" to reinstate his Aussie citizenship.

Any comments?

But it does offer the other way around !

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can play the devil's advocate. But it is really hard to compare the Singapore of today with the Australia of today. And it is harder to generalise about migration conditions.

Both countries are at different stage of development.

As far as I can see, Singapore is past it's prime - even LHL admitted that. On top of that, Singapore has been effectively on zero % interest rates for some time. This is worrying.

As for Australia, a remote continent that has been left out before the days of globalisation. Suddenly, it has become a world attention grabber with its Gas and Uranium resources (let's not forget Gold, iron, diamonds and other metals)

With the watershed global financial crisis still sticky, we may be looking at a new era araising from the ashes of the Great Recession.

It is still early days for the ever changing world.

Aussie Prick, perhaps you want to join me in Egypt. God willing.

This country is cheaper than China, has a lot more young talented people and still flush with money remitted from the rich gulf states.

You can always invest next door in Libya as well, they need infrastructure for the booming tourism industries.

Surprisingly, I have to agree with you. 0% interest rates aside, producing respectable economic growth numbers by importing them to the tune of 6.5 million people over the next several years is not the answer. I still have nightmares when I first discovered some of the double counting the government does - the MPA annual tonnage comes to mind.

I have said on another thread Singapore's direction can only mimick Hong Kongs sans the pollution - and at least in Hong Kong they can at least demonstrate! Many of us have already seen Singapore's future.

Ok, I'll bite. What are you doing in Egypt?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Aussie Prick, stop being so refine.. my hair is standing...
just imagine a barbaric beard Ah beng wearing a ballet suit... yuckz !

Surprisingly, I have to agree with you. 0% interest rates aside, producing respectable economic growth numbers by importing them to the tune of 6.5 million people over the next several years is not the answer. I still have nightmares when I first discovered some of the double counting the government does - the MPA annual tonnage comes to mind.

I have said on another thread Singapore's direction can only mimick Hong Kongs sans the pollution - and at least in Hong Kong they can at least demonstrate! Many of us have already seen Singapore's future.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My relative looking for suitable place for a factory.
I just tag along for free accomodation and Egyptian hospitality.
Have you seen the SmartCity outside Cairo? Oracle, Microsoft, etc are represented.

CHINA MOVING ON
With pressure to revalue RMB, inflation-pushed wage rises, moving away from export and one-child policy, China do not need my type of labor-intensive investors.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Aussie Prick, stop being so refine.. my hair is standing...
just imagine a barbaric beard Ah beng wearing a ballet suit... yuckz !

Eh, I kind of like the new Aussie Prick. Come on, as long as he isn't what he used to do its fine by me. Give the man a fair go mate. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you are one very well travelled dude.

My relative looking for suitable place for a factory.
I just tag along for free accomodation and Egyptian hospitality.
Have you seen the SmartCity outside Cairo? Oracle, Microsoft, etc are represented.

CHINA MOVING ON
With pressure to revalue RMB, inflation-pushed wage rises, moving away from export and one-child policy, China do not need my type of labor-intensive investors.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, you are one very well travelled dude.

hahaha ... Peace be with you. I have travelled much, God willing, I will travel more. It is good to see and appreciate the world. Our generation has never been more mobile.

And I wish all forummers a Prosperous and Happy Lunar New Year.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha ... Peace be with you. I have travelled much, God willing, I will travel more. It is good to see and appreciate the world. Our generation has never been more mobile.

Uncle, where's my Ang Pau ??

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same to you as well bro.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey bro,
How come never sending CNY greetings - still ask for ang pao. Your kids will not be too happy.

Anyway, I wish everyone get big Ang Pao this year, whether from investments or lotteries or from other sources.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ang Pow

Hey bro,
How come never sending CNY greetings - still ask for ang pao. Your kids will not be too happy.

Anyway, I wish everyone get big Ang Pao this year, whether from investments or lotteries or from other sources.

Hello Brother,

Although according to Toronto's Eastern Standard Time, we are about 2205 on Feb 13, 2010, you folks in Singapore and Australia are celebrating the Chinese Lunar New Year now.

Wish you folks a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year.

新年快樂 !
恭喜發財 !
年年有餘 !

Sometimes, and/or for some individuals, the big ang pow may not come from mega returns from investments or winning a huge lottery, but from the good luck resulting from working smart and hard.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey bro,

OK ok..

Gong Xi... gong-xi..
May all the quitters live well and enjoy their early retirement !!!