• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore man earning $2.8K a month feels burned out and depressed after worrying about finances, wonders if he can even survive

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'pore man earning $2.8K a month feels burned out and depressed after worrying about finances, wonders if he can even survive
theindependent.sg

bank-loans-vs-licensed-moneylender:-which-is-better?

A 36-year-old man who had struggled with his finances since the Covid-19 pandemic worried if he would even be able to retire at age 65.

In an anonymous post to popular confessions page NUSWhispers, the man wrote that he earned around $2,800 in the civil service sector while his wife, who is not local, earned about $2,000 monthly.

In his post on Thursday (Jun 16), the man wrote that since the Covid-19 pandemic, he had been looking for a job for over a year but was not able to land one that matched his academic qualifications. He was told that he either did not have relevant experience or the necessary certification or that his employer simply preferred younger candidates.

Screenshot-2022-06-17-at-5.31.01-PM.png

He then managed to get a job in the civil service sector but had to take a pay cut.

The man added that his job would only offer him yearly increments of $80 to $150.

“My concerns are with this low salary will I be able to survive, consider the facts if my current job retirement age is around age 55. I have not much saving and cpf in my OA for housing also”, the man wrote.

In his post, he added that he had been trying to have a child so that they can apply for a Built-To-Order (BTO) flat, adding that because of his financial status, a resale flat was out of the option.

“Kind of burned out and depressed lately worrying over financial. Everyday worrying about whether I will have enough money to retire even after age 65. Been looking out at my peers earning 5k to 10k per month just makes me more miserable and depressed”, the man wrote. He added that he personally did not spend much on food. In order to save money, he would even resort to eating two meals, or even one meal a day.

Netizens were sympathetic to his behaviour and advised him to relook at his finances. Here’s what they said:

Screenshot-2022-06-17-at-5.21.25-PM.png
Screenshot-2022-06-17-at-5.21.36-PM.png
Screenshot-2022-06-17-at-5.21.48-PM.png
Screenshot-2022-06-17-at-5.21.56-PM.png
Screenshot-2022-06-17-at-5.22.07-PM.png
Follow us on Social Media
Send in your scoops to [email protected]

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
That’s why I always say the Internet is full of idiots who give bad suggestions. This stupid cunt (I guess she’s a tutor) is asking the man to go up to the boss and ask blatantly for permission to moonlight during weekends. Every motherfucking dog knows that civil service is one of the worst in flexibility!

868AEDD9-BF5E-4815-9590-7F2C560F6AB1.jpeg

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
In his post, he added that he had been trying to have a child so that they can apply for a Built-To-Order (BTO) flat, adding that because of his financial status, a resale flat was out of the option..

Complain about his pay n still want to breed? Guess the race n religion?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In his post, he added that he had been trying to have a child so that they can apply for a Built-To-Order (BTO) flat, adding that because of his financial status, a resale flat was out of the option..

Complain about his pay n still want to breed? Guess the race n religion?
Must be chinese. Complain and complain.
Malays will be jumping for joy just getting paid monthly.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are certain things which i do not understand.
He hold a job with low pay and worry about his retirement IN SINGAPORE. ( money no enough)
Then he is trying hard to have a baby IN SINGAPORE. ( baby or forming family = need more money)

He dunno how to count money?

Mind you, he hold a job , nothing against job, but with his salary and a job, his financial insecurity is damn high to have even more liabilities planning for himself.
If he got some sideline to back him up maybe still ok.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People back in the day were not fragile snowflakes and pussies, and it was reflected in the pop songs of that time. They had a fighting spirit.

Today, the youths listen to autotuned, talentless, uninspiring 'singers' and their toxic songs are imprinted onto the listeners.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the way he writes, it appears that he's quite well educated, presumably a graduate. But earning a miserable $2.8K at age 36? And still studying at this age? He's pathetic!