• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Someone takes over the place left vacant by SR Nathan

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most expensive prata in S'pore at Esplanade: $12 for 2

most_expensive_prata_in_spore_at_esplanade_12_for_2-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Royal says he was charged $12 for two roti pratas with egg at the Esplanade's Makansutra. He feels this was just too much of a mark-up, even if it was during the F1.

The STOMPer wrote:

"Yesterday during the F1 race, I went to Makansutra at the Esplanade to have dinner.

"I know that prices are inflated during the F1 and that's quite normal, but the Indian store selling roti prata was really ridiculous.

"I went to the prata store and asked for two egg pratas. He told me then that they would cost $12.

"I was like, are you kidding? I then asked if it was a set meal with additional items?

"He said it was just the prata and curry and said one prata costs six bucks. I looked at him and told him I was not interested and cancelled my order.

"I don't mind paying extra since its the F1 and understand that prices would be inflated, but come on -- six bucks for a piece of dough with an egg?

"The guy just looked at me sheepishly and grinned. He probably thinks locals do not know the market rate of roti prata.

"Are they trying to make enough to retire during the F1?"

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. this must be from the 60% daft sheep.
3. knowingly that fi sucks big time and still went with both eyes open.
4. if the price is not right, don't eat. go and eat green.
5. it could be free along the roadside.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went to the prata store and asked for two egg pratas. He told me then that they would cost $12.

Only a dumb Sporean will pay that kind of money for 2 egg pratas..