• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Some martial arts myths

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Threads like this always put down chinese martial arts. Okay nobody specifically said so, yet like someone wrote earlier how an unarmed mat could disable a trained prationer. So u seem street urchins with no background can defeat experts.

How about some silat exponent that can defeat bruce lee?????

Obviously made up.

Nobody is putting down chinese martial art, all martial art have their merits. It is whether you have the discpline to be one. Your sentences very interesting indeed.:confused:

By the way, I wish to take on forummer who is racist.
Wonder if someone would to counter-offer.:wink:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those are the facts. You can twist them in any manner you want, they remain facts. To dig up old stuff decades before Internet requires effort and luck but above all.

Those which are true I acknowledge such as Sim Pooh Ho teaching Sim Pooh Huat. But whether Sim Pooh Ho is more superior than Sim Poh Huat is another question. The fact is that Sim Poh Huat now is as strong as Sim Pooh Ho, if not more, I would really look forward to see who is the stronger one.

Now if you claim Sim Poh Huat is a fraudster teaching all the falsehood, so does Sim Pooh Ho since Sim Pooh Ho is the one teaching Sim Poh Huat the martial art skills, and if anyone can't learn anything from the NWP, neither can they from the other one.

Since when did I mention Wu Tunan? You brought it in to brown-arm the topic. Shooo!!

No, you did not mention Wu Tu Nan, and since you brought up Sim Pooh Ho, who claimed his relationship with Wu Tu Nan to market his association using. I come to question the legitimacy of his claim which is relevant to the topic.

Have you read the original NWP anniversary magazine wherein Wu Tunan wrote a preface complimenting Sim Pooh Ho & acknowledging him as one of his two diciples? Rather old copy & even you had, you will surely deny its existence.

NWP Anniversary magazine you said? If I question the legitimacy of their relationship, then even the article come into question. Sim Pooh Ho can show all the photos he has taken with Wu Tu Nan, bear in mind that Jet Li did the same thing to improve his status in the Martial Art Arena. For all I know Sim Pooh Ho could have written the article himself.

Little did you know that the book joint published by Wu Tu Nan and Ma You Qing was release after the death of Wu Tu Nan. Ma You Qing help to compile and published the series in memory of his teacher and he wanted to help fulfill Wu Tu Nan's wishes to spread Tai Chi. In fact most of the stuffs in the series are work of Wu Tu Nan and Ma You Qing have not tried to take any credit from it.

It is a fact that Ma You Qing is a close door disciple of Wu Tu Nan, and the fact that Ma never recognised Sim Pooh Ho speaks volume.

Tsk, tsk dun even know Peter Chong - you must be wet behind the ears.

Admitting that I do not know Peter Chong is not a disgrace at all since I am not in the Karate arena, and as I mentioned, I am relatively new to this world.

It is better than those trying to slap their face to make themselves look flatter.

Quit wasting my time & bandwidth.

Sound more to me that you can't even substantiate your claims and looking for a fast retreat after you have been exposed. You are trying to hide the fact that Sim Pooh Ho issued the golden belt to himself.

Joint MA Associations back then were very active & you were far too young to know about them. Peter Chong was cited as part of the associations. Read the sentence simply & dun tweak it.

Please-lah, you are just trying to dump in big names to make your claims more realistic. Now you are trying to down grade Peter Chong's position to being only part of the association ( he is the President of The Singapore Martial Art Instructors Association ) just because now that Peter Chong is revealed as a Karate expert and claiming his acknowledgement of the so call "Golden Belt" awarded to your Grand Master only lower your grand master status.

You are a pathetic fruitcake.....
Bovine turd excreted from your anus.

Throwing out personal attacks as such further proves the lack of facts substatiating your arguements. You dare to claim you are follower of Sim Pooh Ho. Even if Sim Pooh Ho is not a close door disciple of Wu Tu Nan, he is still a student of Wu. Going around doing dispicable things such as smearing campaign like this only tarnishes the good name of Wu Tu Nan.

ignoramus like you, simply isn't worth a shit

If it isn't worth a shit, you won't be writing back at all. I very much anticipate further contribution from you.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I happen to know many people who jumped ship from Sim Poh Huat's Nam Wah Pai to Sim Poh Ho's school. They tell me their years in Poh Huat's school is a waste of time and money-stealer. Their new training is far superior.

I also know that the china government actually gave sim poh ho a big tract of land in china, to situate his training school. The rationale was, as a disciple of Wu Tunan, china didn't want Wu's skill to 'leave china'. I don't think Sim himself can afford so much land, so if the china government gave it to him, it's good proof that he's a real disciple of Wu Tunan?

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those which are true I acknowledge such as Sim Pooh Ho teaching Sim Pooh Huat. But whether Sim Pooh Ho is more superior than Sim Poh Huat is another question. The fact is that Sim Poh Huat now is as strong as Sim Pooh Ho, if not more, I would really look forward to see who is the stronger one.
*** Your sifu scared to go to Kunming, what is there to talk except look at YouTube to judge whose LKJ is more awesome***
Now if you claim Sim Poh Huat is a fraudster teaching all the falsehood, so does Sim Pooh Ho since Sim Pooh Ho is the one teaching Sim Poh Huat the martial art skills, and if anyone can't learn anything from the NWP, neither can they from the other one.

*** Sim Poh Huat advertised in yesterday's ST that his qigong cures cancer & diabetes amongst other biazzre claims.. If such claim isn't fraud, I don't know what is. I also happen to know that at least one of his trainee died from cancer after completing NWP qigong course. Tsk, tsk...***

No, you did not mention Wu Tu Nan...yak, yak & yak *******rest of gabage and lies are not fit for human consumption & it is best to have them incinerated ********************:biggrin:

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
I happen to know many people who jumped ship from Sim Poh Huat's Nam Wah Pai to Sim Poh Ho's school. They tell me their years in Poh Huat's school is a waste of time and money-stealer. Their new training is far superior.

I also know that the china government actually gave sim poh ho a big tract of land in china, to situate his training school. The rationale was, as a disciple of Wu Tunan, china didn't want Wu's skill to 'leave china'. I don't think Sim himself can afford so much land, so if the china government gave it to him, it's good proof that he's a real disciple of Wu Tunan?

I heard them too. Sadly some twits do not want to see the light of truth.:biggrin:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPH as used in the context means Sim Poh Huat.
Doing what you do best: twisting n turning.:oIo:

As far as I know, SPH can even be Singapore Press Holdings. Stop being lazy if you don't want mis-understanding rather than blaming others for your own errors.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

As far as I know there was a group who jumped from Sim Poh Huat to Sim Pooh Ho when the two brothers split. Basically both schools teaches the same thing as far as the Qi Gong and Yang Tai Chi is concern.

The issue is not whether Sim Pooh Ho is a disciple of Wu Tu Nan. I believe he did "bai Shi" to Wu Tu Nan. My understanding is that the one who passed him the skill was Ma You Qing with presence of Wu Tu Nan. Ma You Qing is a closed door student of Wu Tu Nan and he mentioned that there are many others like Sim Pooh Ho.

As for China giving him a plot of land, it could be a fact. But the rationale would still be speculative. If it is to retain Wu Tu Nan's skill in China, they would have given it to Ma You Qing and not Sim Pooh Ho since Sim Pooh Ho is a foreigner after all. The plot of land could be given to Sim for many purpose still.

sage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Martial arts exponents must abstain from sex to be good and kicking. This is a big turn off and no one wish to die cxxk standing like Bruce Lee.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
*** Your sifu scared to go to Kunming, what is there to talk except look at YouTube to judge whose LKJ is more awesome***

Let me see, you claim that Sim Poh is afraudster, I ask you to get your sifu to expose him and you instead ask me to ask Sim Poh Huat to China to expose himself? Hah!

*** Sim Poh Huat advertised in yesterday's ST that his qigong cures cancer & diabetes amongst other biazzre claims.. If such claim isn't fraud, I don't know what is. I also happen to know that at least one of his trainee died from cancer after completing NWP qigong course. Tsk, tsk...***

If he has put it as what you have claimed, then it has gone overboard (unless he has case studies where his disciples practising Qi Gong really healed from Cancer), there was no such claims in the past. The most is Qi Gong can improve the situation but it alone cannot cure cancer. Cancer is a result of many factors and you would need to do more than just Qi Gong to heal.

No, you did not mention Wu Tu Nan...yak, yak & yak *******rest of gabage and lies are not fit for human consumption & it is best to have them incinerated ********************:biggrin:

Treat it as garbage if you like as I am not only writing with you as the target. It can be garbage for you while information for others.

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me see, you claim that Sim Poh is afraudster, I ask you to get your sifu to expose him and you instead ask me to ask Sim Poh Huat to China to expose himself? Hah!

I did not claim: see evidence below. Why the silence on self-promotion from 7 to 10 th dan; why did Pooh Ho disowned him as diciple? Hah!

If he has put it as what you have claimed, then it has gone overboard (unless he has case studies where his disciples practising Qi Gong really healed from Cancer), there was no such claims in the past. The most is Qi Gong can improve the situation but it alone cannot cure cancer. Cancer is a result of many factors and you would need to do more than just Qi Gong to heal.

Really got healed? Him faith healer extraordinaire or what??You seem to know him well. Ask him about a student named Tan Khe Hock who took qigong & taiji classes from him for 9 months but died of cancer thereafter. There are others but you will just brush it off as "SPH having gone overboard" whereas the fact remains a fraudster in action. I also rec'd news which I am unable to verify, that HSA & MOH is demanding he furnishes legal documentation. QED :biggrin:

Treat it as garbage if you like as I am not only writing with you as the target. It can be garbage for you while information for others.

Garbage n lies.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D3K-mrlYG7Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D3K-mrlYG7Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not claim: see evidence below. Why the silence on self-promotion from 7 to 10 th dan; why did Pooh Ho disowned him as diciple? Hah!

Really got healed? Him faith healer extraordinaire or what??You seem to know him well. Ask him about a student named Tan Khe Hock who took qigong & taiji classes from him for 9 months but died of cancer thereafter. There are others but you will just brush it off as "SPH having gone overboard" whereas the fact remains a fraudster in action. I also rec'd news which I am unable to verify, that HSA & MOH is demanding he furnishes legal documentation. QED

Garbage n lies.

Well, I just finished reading what's on the paper on thursday. As what you have claimed he declared Qi Gong can cure cancer. Let me quote what is actually written:

Is it true that there is no cure for Diabetic, liver hardening, kidney failure, high blood pressure, sexual malfunction & cancer?

Come and hear 1st hand testimonies of those who have rediscovered their health

..and you claimed that he is telling the world Qi Gong can curee cancer? I can fine thousand and one organization asking the same question and giving testimonies. My favourite is Lapis Lazuli Light and here's the web.

http://www.lapislazulilight.com/Index_About_Us_Eng.html

Have you gone and listen to the students testimonies before making judgement? Obviously you are not a beliver of what you have learned and you have never bother to finsd out how you can use Qi Gong as a support role. to improve health.

For all I know, Mr Tan still can contract cancer for many reasons. And there are reasons why people get sick or even contracted cancer and it is mainly due to their way of life. You can practise Qi Gong and you do not change your lifestyle, don't expect miracles.

Just because you aim to smear someone's reputation, you just twist the words to suit your needs, again using unfurnished information. By the way, you really want me to start on Sim Pooh Ho and Sim Poh Huat's relationship? I even know why Sim Pooh ho has been hiding in China all the time.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have just double checked on the China land thing. It is not given to him by the China's government. In fact some rich members of NWP ( before the split )sponsored his purchase to raise Nam Wah Villa. Some of them might have followed him over after the break up.

As for the jump ship thing, as far as I know many still stay with Sim Poh Huat. In fact if you go there during the evening, you will find that it is packed with people.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D3K-mrlYG7Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D3K-mrlYG7Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great clip! thanks for sharing.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not claim: see evidence below. Why the silence on self-promotion from 7 to 10 th dan;.

You mean there is a standard set of grading for the Chinese Martial art world? Well, the Singapore Martial Art Instructors Association that you claimed awarded the "golden belt" to Sim Pooh Ho says differently. Each dojo or Wu Guan set their own standard. If Sim Pooh Ho can buy himself a gold belt, Sim Poh Huat can put his level at 10th Dan black belt.

Oh, the Nam Wah Taji Gong Association that you recommend, this is the Vice Chief Instructor, Desmond Tan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHitMFFbTZs&feature=related

You sure you want him to teach you TaiChi? I will have second thought about going there.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jah rastafar, You are next.

Threads like this always put down chinese martial arts. Okay nobody specifically said so, yet like someone wrote earlier how an unarmed mat could disable a trained prationer. So u seem street urchins with no background can defeat experts.

How about some silat exponent that can defeat bruce lee?????

Obviously made up

So you consider mat as street urchins and backstabbers?

And I agree what bro NissanVip had said, all martial art have their own merits. Each and every martial art have their own devastating move. But you seems to belittle silat simply because its mat art of self defence.

Fm my observation on your posting, you do seems to have problem with mat. Tell you what. Why not let me introduce a very close Indonesian friend of mine to you. Definitely hes not a street urchin because hes my associate partner. I am very sure the latter also a mat in your eye. You can throw all your anger and frust on this mat (a silat exponent). One-To-One, unarmed combat. How about that?

But in case you just talk cock with no substance/skill, you can always bring along your buddy (martial exponent) too. No handicap match here. Both must be martial art exponents. Remember 1 to 1.

I am awaiting your PM. :oIo:

Last edited: