• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT told the drivers, “You can resign and go to SBS.”

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The truth is that mediocre people should be satisfied with mediocre wages.

If a first world country is robbing the productive to pay the mediocre, we can take your sarcasm as a compliment. :cool:

The truth is that Lim Swee Say is paid millions. Talk about robbing the productive to pay the mediocre. :rolleyes:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
If being a developed country means having businesses being forced to pay $35/hr for something worth $8/hr then we will take being called an undeveloped country as a compliment.

Woah, you know the true value of labour? Who appointed you the arbiter of market forces? :rolleyes:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is doing a fine job maintaining the balance. If the bus drivers were allowed to strike, I would have wanted to see him fired. :cool:

All the noise being caused is already causing SMEs to pack up and leave. Soon it will be the MNCs (and heaven forbid, even the GLCs who are not in security sensitive sectors). If NTUC contributes to this loss of jobs, it has no business being a national union. The Arthur Scargills of the world have gone the way of the dodo, my friend.

The truth is that Lim Swee Say is paid millions. Talk about robbing the productive to pay the mediocre.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know what market forces are or not? Demand and supply. If a wage is too low, people won't work at that wage. The fact that people work at that wage means the wage is not too low.

Nonsense. The fact is that there is a quota. To get X foreigners you need Y Singaporeans.

Sir,

Thank you for your brilliant insight.

But you have yet to reply my questions here:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....hen-I-hired-Singaporean&p=1216712#post1216712

Good thinking Sir.

How about having foreigners as our President, PM, DPM and all the ministers? Definitely better networking connections and demanding MUCH LESSER pay.

We could hire people like Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, Kevin Rudd and even the outgoing Wen JiaBao & Hu Jintao and the likes. They all have rich experience managing a population much much more than just 5.1 million people.

What do you think?

and here
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....hen-I-hired-Singaporean&p=1217203#post1217203

Sir, are you still considering my not so loser mentality? We can hire them at a fraction of the current cost and save Singapore alot of money too.

We can apply the same quota ratio for those ministers too. No problem.

What do you think Sir?

Please Sir, we all are waiting for your reply. Thank you.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a good idea. But I have bad news for you.

The market rate of any of these people are now much more than the measly $2 million you pay them.

Bill, for example commands $250k a lunch talk.
Tony, on the other hand, commands $25k a lunch.
Jintao and Jiabao, you might get at $2 million a year - but you need to give them private jets, cars, villas etc.

You might have better luck with the Japanese - they seem bloody egalitarian. Ooops, sorry they look down on non-Japanese.

And you need to spend at least $20 million a year on their private jets. And none of them want to run small cities after running economic powerhouses.

If we have the "cheap and good" leaders the same way we get "cheap and good" workers, why not?

Sir,

Thank you for your brilliant insight.

But you have yet to reply my questions here:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....hen-I-hired-Singaporean&p=1216712#post1216712

and here
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....hen-I-hired-Singaporean&p=1217203#post1217203

We can apply the same quota ratio for those ministers too. No problem.

What do you think Sir?

Please Sir, we all are waiting for your reply. Thank you.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple - there is a demand for people working at $8/hr and there is a supply. That is the true value of labour.

There is also a demand for people working at $7/hr and there is also a supply. So is the true value of the same job $7 or $8? If I were you, I would get myself properly educated before mouthing off. :rolleyes:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is also a demand for people working at $7/hr and there is also a supply. So is the true value of the same job $7 or $8? If I were you, I would get myself properly educated before mouthing off.

You're the one who needs to cast off your bleeding heart liberal bullshit. The fact is that the demand and supply meets at $8. You want to shift the supply curve to the right. You also want to draw a horizontal line at some stupid minimum wage your self righteous mind thinks is the right amount. :cool:

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drivers, sweepers remain just that - uneducated. As Singapore gets more and more educated, the majority have a right not to be held to ransom by those without valuable skills.

You will soon find that the majority of SGreans do not have valuable skills if the day is not already here. Valuable in the sense that you can't find those skills anywhere else in the world. You will soon realise that SG education is nothing to crow about when the rest of the world catches up. Most SG employers would not be able to survive in the outside world if they do not have access to cheap labour, this should tell you about their competitiveness if they try to venture out of SG.

You will always need people to do some jobs, no matter how little skills the jobs require. You are essentially paying these people for their service to you. If you are unwilling to pay, you can diy. Make no mistake, I am not against open borders, but I have no wish to be loyal to the country, pay highly for incompetent people to govern my life or perform NS obligations.

Make up your mind. Is SG a city or a country? You can't have it both ways.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"All their attempts to negotiate a fair wage have come to a naught. The drivers have also petitioned the Prime Minister, who then referred the drivers to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). The MOM in turn referred them to the Land Transport Authority (LTA), only for LTA to bounce this matter back to MOM. After six weeks, they are back to where they started"

Whahaahahaha ... After 10 over years still never change still play taiji :wink:

DNA cannot be changed. 50 years on, still the same. It is in the DNA of the entire civil service.

But when there is glory or credit to be taken, they will fight tooth and nail to ensure victory. No more taiji here.

Civil servants are not fools. They learn from their political masters. Monkeys see, monkeys do.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like that phrase , this 'tiget have no teeth'...ha ha ha , should have said this pussycat have no balls!! ha ha ha, have this ah neh, heard him sing for his supper?? he should have an inkling what a SIngapore union is like.."out of tune, out of key"...useless!

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have a good idea. But I have bad news for you.

The market rate of any of these people are now much more than the measly $2 million you pay them.

Bill, for example commands $250k a lunch talk.
Tony, on the other hand, commands $25k a lunch.
Jintao and Jiabao, you might get at $2 million a year - but you need to give them private jets, cars, villas etc.

Sir,

Wow, the rates Bill and Tony commanded for giving talks is really an eye opener.

I noticed our PM, DPM, Ministers and MP for Tanjong Pagar have been busy going around giving talks all over the world.

Question: Do you know how much each of them is being paid for giving talks or do they do it for free?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You will soon find that the majority of SGreans do not have valuable skills if the day is not already here. Valuable in the sense that you can't find those skills anywhere else in the world. You will soon realise that SG education is nothing to crow about when the rest of the world catches up. Most SG employers would not be able to survive in the outside world if they do not have access to cheap labour, this should tell you about their competitiveness if they try to venture out of SG.

You will always need people to do some jobs, no matter how little skills the jobs require. You are essentially paying these people for their service to you. If you are unwilling to pay, you can diy. Make no mistake, I am not against open borders, but I have no wish to be loyal to the country, pay highly for incompetent people to govern my life or perform NS obligations.

Make up your mind. Is SG a city or a country? You can't have it both ways.

Well Said !!!.. up yours!!

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is only a matter of time before the first strike takes place. It will be interesting to see how LHL handles that.

Cannot say that later the mata send in spies to flush out the indian chieves then how? Let me tell you an incident that happened in in the 80s when MRTC just started operating. Lots of the train drivers very dulan because pay so small and wellfare for shift allowance nearly non exsistant. 1 day out of a sudden most of the train drivers report sick lah, take urgent leave, or what have you and did not come to work. Lucky back then all the management staff and engineers know how to operate the trains and took over for that fateful day and nobody know about it. Later heard from lao jiaos that the CID called all the drivers that went MIA on that day to go down and have coffee with them. Heard all kana jialat jialat by the jiat liao bees. Some panic and sing like there was no tomorrow and all the indian chieves were flushed out and sacked. Some even say later they planted spies in all departments to see got any troublemakers.
I tell you if this happen today we all surely die because all the present staff at management and engineering lvl don't even know how to start up a train let alone drive 1. Nowadays all these people know is TCSS, throw smoke and taichi siam unlike the old staff where you cannot bluff them one

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot say that later the mata send in spies to flush out the indian chieves then how? Let me tell you an incident that happened in in the 80s when MRTC just started operating. Lots of the train drivers very dulan because pay so small and wellfare for shift allowance nearly non exsistant. 1 day out of a sudden most of the train drivers report sick lah, take urgent leave, or what have you and did not come to work. Lucky back then all the management staff and engineers know how to operate the trains and took over for that fateful day and nobody know about it. Later heard from lao jiaos that the CID called all the drivers that went MIA on that day to go down and have coffee with them. Heard all kana jialat jialat by the jiat liao bees. Some panic and sing like there was no tomorrow and all the indian chieves were flushed out and sacked. Some even say later they planted spies in all departments to see got any troublemakers.
I tell you if this happen today we all surely die because all the present staff at management and engineering lvl don't even know how to start up a train let alone drive 1. Nowadays all these people know is TCSS, throw smoke and taichi siam unlike the old staff where you cannot bluff them one

wow that would be one hell of a story if that occured again today.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who played Football Manager or earlier versions of Championship Manager and had bought "wonderkids" for a pittance know that neoclassical economics is arrant nonsense. Just because something is priced high with huge demand doesn't necessarily mean it possesses greater intrinsic value than something priced low with low demand. It requires a certain level of knowledge to discern value and the hoi polloi that drive market demand are simply too clueless to know anything about what's valuable and what's not.