• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Skponggol = Desmond Lim

droopal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean Desmond Lim Bak Quah from SDA?

Oops... apologize for the Name error.
Should be : Desmond Lim Bak Chuan

Last edited:

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Goh Meng Seng can post here using his own name, why can't Desmond Lim do likewise? Too ashame of himself?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If you know Desmond Lim well enough, you will know it is definitely not him.

People are just speculating that because of the 3 corner fight, he has grudges thus he is attacking WP here. That's too far fetch because WP has created quite a number of people hating it.

There is no need for him to affirm or deny because that will drag him in... if he denies, will you believe?

Goh Meng Seng

Why he did not deny?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you know Desmond Lim well enough, you will know it is definitely not him.

People are just speculating that because of the 3 corner fight, he has grudges thus he is attacking WP here. That's too far fetch because WP has created quite a number of people hating it.

There is no need for him to affirm or deny because that will drag him in... if he denies, will you believe?

Goh Meng Seng

If what you say is true, I don't know what you politicians are actually up to. Fighting for your own ego and benefits or fighting for the people? Looks like you view each other with hate and as enemies because your personal interest is at stake.

angkongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually this desmond chap is ok but he leans more to the PAP side.
During election, he would bring his niece to help out, quite chio bu type..
The guy volunteers usually get distracted by her.
Sometimes quarrel over her.
You see, Desmond smart. He uses "Mei Ren Qi"

angkongsiao

If what you say is true, I don't know what you politicians are actually up to. Fighting for your own ego and benefits or fighting for the people? Looks like you view each other with hate and as enemies because your personal interest is at stake.

bak chuan is quite a sly fellow. during election purposely misled voters, put a tick instead of cross on his erection posters. CB Kia

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't agree with everything said about Desmond Lim here, but politics will be a bane to his life. It's another way of saying that he should quit politics, unless he is benefitting in some ways that the public doesn't know.

He doesn't have the political astuteness and can't gather even 3 core or long term adherences. What he couldn't achieve doing from 2006 to 2011, he will find it harder from now till 2016 without a concrete party or activity and engrossment in babysitting.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why he did not deny?

Not sure if DL is SKP, but one thing for sure is the tendency for distortions (will stop short of using "lies").

One memorable incident was his claim that he contested Sengkang West and Punggol East last time and so deserved priority. Sengkang West was actually carved out from AMK GRC which WP contested in '06. He went further to say he will "give way" to WP in Sengkang West hoping that WP will give him Punggol East. Because he disregarded the "last contestant priority" in Sengkang West, there was no need for WP to follow suit for Punggol East, so DL fell into his own trap.

Then again, many Singapore politicians are capable of that.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's too far fetch because WP has created quite a number of people hating it.

I will be quite amazed if WP creates one 3CF and will cause the whole Singapore to hate it. In Singapore history, there has been over a hundred 3CF involving not only WP but also NSP and so many other parties.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if DL is SKP, but one thing for sure is the tendency for distortions (will stop short of using "lies").

One memorable incident was his claim that he contested Sengkang West and Punggol East last time and so deserved priority. Sengkang West was actually carved out from AMK GRC which WP contested in '06. He went further to say he will "give way" to WP in Sengkang West hoping that WP will give him Punggol East. Because he disregarded the "last contestant priority" in Sengkang West, there was no need for WP to follow suit for Punggol East, so DL fell into his own trap.

Then again, many Singapore politicians are capable of that.

Just a side issue here: Is it coincidental that the only 3CF was in a constituency where PAP fielded an ethnic minority candidate?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just a side issue here: Is it coincidental that the only 3CF was in a constituency where PAP fielded an ethnic minority candidate?

The minority status of Eurasians would be least of an issue to Chinese compared to Malays and Indians, if it was any issue at all, or much of an issue to PAP compared to putting a Malay or Indian in a SMC. Some Eurasians actually look Chinese.

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The minority status of Eurasians would be least of an issue to Chinese compared to Malays and Indians, if it was any issue at all, or much of an issue to PAP compared to putting a Malay or Indian in a SMC. Some Eurasians actually look Chinese.

I don't disagree with you. It may largely have to do with skin tone. But even if someone is very fair complexioned, there are some people who would simply say that he is not one of us, not kaki lang.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I really don't know how you jump into that conclusions... sometimes, your mind is really screwed! How, on earth, would you come to that conclusion when I just simply said it is not Desmond?

Well, as for the hate, it is rather natural... I have many WP people hating me also what! So are you referring to them as well? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I really don't know how you jump into that conclusions... sometimes, your mind is really screwed! How, on earth, would you come to that conclusion when I just simply said it is not Desmond?

Well, as for the hate, it is rather natural... I have many WP people hating me also what! So are you referring to them as well? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

I'm not a card carrying member of the WP, i just fucking hate you like any person who has a reasonable amount of intellect :smile:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not a card carrying member of the WP, i just fucking hate you like any person who has a reasonable amount of intellect :smile:

I have wondered if we had elected GMS and his team into parliament, would they have gone in to oppose WP instead. It is possible that this mindset has spread to the rest of NSP, could be the reason why Hazel wanted to have NSP to contest Hougang.