• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkies Going Hungry Despite Budget of $5 Per Meal? For real?!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: It is now difficult to find a proper meal to fill the stomach for $5 even at hawk

Yes. It is indeed difficult to find a joint selling a cup of piping hot Luwak Coffee for $5.:o:cool:
go jb u can buy a botol of heineken wif dat moni ...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can easily have nasi lemak in sg for $2:50 or less. and it comes with rice, egg, ikan bilis, fried fish or chicken, cucumber, sambal chili, and peanuts. just a bowl of noodles where i am cost me usd8.99 plus tax, which sums up to usd12.00 if tip is included. sinkies should consider themselves extremely lucky.

image.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In some other "expensive" city, this delicacy served in claypot can be had in a proper restaurant with waiters for equivalent of about EGG Sinkie bucks with a whole crab and Pu Erh cha. I just ate one the other day :biggrin:

This implies that in Sinkieland things are expensive not because of labour cost because where I ate this delicacy there is a MINIMUM WAGE and it has been constantly rising since introduction. Lightning is sucking you dry!

[video=youtube;nXA2lQ4BxrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXA2lQ4BxrQ[/video]

If you travel to places like Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia,.... you'll notice that the food in these countries is so much cheaper than in Spore. Common to find hawker food starting at around $1.30 & restaurant food starting at $4+.
The portions are also larger.

That is why when I travel I put on weight because I can't pass up on all that cheap & delicious food:(

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: It is now difficult to find a proper meal to fill the stomach for $5 even at hawk

Whether or not 5 bucks can fill your stomach is besides the point.
Whether or not 5 bucks is still cheap compared to other countries is not important.
If the citizens of one of the richest cuntry (as claimed by pap).....have to count their pennies over $5 then I hope they wake up come next GE.
Also eating to quench hunger is not living but only surviving.....
Living is machiam how the vile MIWs leech millions from you to eat fine dining everyday while poor sinkies have to choose to eat from the cheapest hawker stall

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

At this rate, lower income folks will be reduced to begging for scraps....kids will be disadvantaged at birth.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can easily have nasi lemak in sg for $2:50 or less. and it comes with rice, egg, ikan bilis, fried fish or chicken, cucumber, sambal chili, and peanuts. just a bowl of noodles where i am cost me usd8.99 plus tax, which sums up to usd12.00 if tip is included. sinkies should consider themselves extremely lucky.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Going by your logic poor sinkies subsists on that $2.50 nasi lemak every meal 24/7 and yet thank their lucky stars.
It's not a matter of comparing prices but rather its about affordability.

nasi lemak is great for all meals from breakfast to dinner. it has all the ingredients from carb to protein to vege. but because it is too dry and may cause constipation, a serving of bandung is recommended for each nasi lemak meal. :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nasi lemak is great for all meals from breakfast to dinner. it has all the ingredients from carb to protein to vege. but because it is too dry and may cause constipation, a serving of bandung is recommended for each nasi lemak meal. :biggrin:

Add Bandung then the total cost of the meal is not $2.50 anymore liao

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Use your brain. Nasi lemak so unhealthy. The money u save from eating garbage is not enough to cover medical expenses.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In mainland China rice is free flow
Some nominal amount added to your bill
POT of white stuff will be on table
Scop as much as you need to fill tummy
Ordinary mom and pop restaurant
Rice in upstream mountainous areas of Yangzi is terrible
Once wide open plains are reached becomes more edible

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Can someone please tell the writer to try the same in Australia. You can't even get any food below A$8 there, albeit with a larger serving.

Yes it is very expensive now there since Asians moved in and made Australia better but more expensive.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe Vivian could offer some valuable insights and suggestions.

I m now making my own bread with JB flour........ maybe will be selling some surplus to keep body n soul
together..........

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

Writer is spouting nonsense. I see foodcourt like fish market, cannot even get a seat. Even restaurants are queue up like having free meals. :rolleyes:

Most patrons are well-paid FTs.
No FTs means all those high-end foodcourts and restaurants be closed down.
That is why Pappies are having problems aligning FTs and local Sinkies.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Most patrons are well-paid FTs.
No FTs means all those high-end foodcourts and restaurants be closed down.
That is why Pappies are having problems aligning FTs and local Sinkies.

You never eat in food court right?

master

Alfrescian
Loyal
Enough or not enough ? It all depends on individual. Some people one year salary few million they also not enough.