• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie woman consider making police report over extra chilli!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woman thinking of making police report over '80 chopped chilli padi' in extra spicy noodles
See 44 More Photos
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppGoogle Gmail Share

Cherlynn Ng
Posted on 27 July 2018 | 36,226 views | 75 comments
Submitted by Stomper Sha

This story was submitted via WhatsApp. Click here to join our WhatsApp group.

A woman requested for the fried kway teow that she ordered from a restaurant to be "extra spicy", and alleged finding "over 80" chopped pieces of chilli padi in the dish when she got it.
Stomper Sha said she ordered the $5.20 seafood kway teow goreng for herself and a $6.70 Thai fried rice for her husband from 89.7 Supper Club on July 22.
The dinner order was made via Foodpanda's mobile app.
whatsapp_image_2018-07-27_at_8.43.44_am3_0.jpg

Sha said: "I asked for 'extra spicy' but did not expect over 80 chilli padi in my char kway teow.
"I didn't really notice it as first as we were watching a movie while eating. However, by the third mouthful, I felt a burning sensation in my mouth and throat.
"I stopped eating and picked out about 20 to 30 pieces of chilli padi.
Sha then tried to continue her meal, but ended up discarding it.

"I found that there was even more chilli padi and my mouth was still burning. In the end, I threw the kway teow away even though there was still more than half left.
"My husband's fried rice was perfectly normal."

According to Sha, she orders food from the restaurant twice to thrice a week, but never had such an experience before.
"Sometimes, about once a month, I would ask for my food to be extra spicy to satisfy my cravings. There's usually 20 to 30 pieces of chilli padi. But this time, there were over 80."

Sha told Stomp that she subsequently posted about the incident on her Facebook account as well as messaged 89.7 Supper Club on their page.
She also informed Foodpanda of the incident and said they gave her $5.20 in credit for her next order. This amount is the same as the cost of the dish.
The Stomper added: "I called the restaurant's Geylang East branch where my food was delivered from. They referred me to the manager at their head office in Changi Village.

"I tried calling the manager over the next few days but could not reach him as he was not in the office each time.
"When I finally spoke to him on the phone at around 5pm yesterday (July 26), the first thing he said was, 'What you want? If not happy, make police report.'

"He seemed agitated and I ended the phone call afterwards.

"During the call, he did not apologise nor resolve the issue."

Stomp got in touch with the said manager, who declined to be named. He confirmed that he was aware of the incident.
He told Stomp in a phone interview: "When a customers asks for their food to be more spicy, our practice is to add more chilli padi to it.

"What happened was this customer (Sha) found that we overdid it.
"I told my staff to tell her that in this case, bring her Foodpanda receipt to any of our outlets for a refund or a replacement. She refused.
"When I spoke to her yesterday, I asked her what she wanted, which she took issue with.

"She kept saying that she wanted to make a police report, so I told her, by all means. She also said she was going to inform the National Environment Agency (NEA)."
The manager maintained that he meant it in a "polite way" when he asked Sha what she wanted, since she had allegedly turned down his offer of a replacement and a refund.

However, he admitted: "I found her arrogant so I didn't feel like apologising.
Asked several times by Stomp if the incident was accidental, the manager reiterated: "Just take it as a mistake."
He added: "The woman even said she was a regular. Therefore, I don't understand why she is making noise because if she's a regular customer, then she should understand our style.

"If she can take out the chilli padi, that means she can still eat the food. After all, it's not like chilli sauce."
The manager, who said he had consulted a lawyer over the incident, asked for people to understand his predicament.
"I already offered her a refund and replacement.
"What would you do if you were in my shoes?"

Following Stomp's conversation with the manager, we spoke to Sha again.
Describing the manager as "cocky", the Stomper maintained that she had not been offered a refund or replacement.
She also said she mentioned the police and NEA during her phone call with the manager.
"I just want the restaurant to acknowledge the issue properly," said Sha, adding that she is "still contemplating" making a police report.
"For all you know, it could have been an act of mischief.

"What if some people who can't take the spiciness encounter the same thing and end up with a stomach ulcer? I sometimes order food for my grandmother and what if this happens to her? You know what it's like for old people."

Sha also suggested letting customers indicate the level of spiciness they wanted in their orders to avoid such incidents in future.

Like this story? Get more of Stomp's latest updates by following us on Facebook,WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police alerted twice after passengers get stranded in Changi Airport for over 4 hours due to delay and change in aircraft

After a Scoot flight to Shenyang, China, was delayed, followed by a change of aircraft which led to insufficient seats, 12 passengers were left stranded at Changi Airport for more than four hours.
The incident happened on Sunday (July 30) at around 2am, at Changi Airport Terminal 2, reports Shin Min Daily News via Lianhe Zaobao.

The son of an affected passenger told reporters that his 65-year-old father who had been in Singapore for the last two years, was intending to head back to Shenyang to seek medical treatment and visit relatives.

However, his father, among 11 others, were told that their flight would be delayed till 3 days later

Said the man: "The flight was scheduled to fly at 5.30am, and we arrived at around 2.30am so we would not be late, taking into account the check-in procedures."

When the father and son went to the check-in counter they were told that the aircraft has been changed to a smaller model, and that the seats were already filled.

As such, he was unable to board the flight.

The frustrated man continued: "The employee told us that the next flight will be in three days and that another 11 passengers were also affected.

"The affected passengers asked for compensation in light of the change, but the employee was rude and chided us for blocking the way.

"She then called the police."
The police were alerted and officers arrived to mediate the situation, with both parties calming down.

However an hour later, a female passenger attempted to take a video of the situation, but was told by an employee to stop and delete the video on the spot.

He added that the employee's 'hardball attitude' and 'unwillingness to co-operate' prompted the passengers to call the police as well.

After a four-hour-long negotiation, the passengers were finally told at 6am that they would be compensated S$350 each, as well as one night of accommodation.

A 30-year-old female passenger revealed that according to the terms of agreement, the passengers were offered either to fly to Tianjin, China on the day itself and be offered S$250 in compensation, or wait three days in Singapore for a flight to Shenyang, and be offered S$350, along with a night of accommodation.

Said the passenger: "I chose to stay in Singapore for three days.

"Some kind passengers were worried that the S$350 compensation wouldn't be enough for the other two days of hotel accommodation and collectively donate another S$200 to me.

"I'm very grateful to them."

In response to media queries, a spokesman for Scoot said that the incident had arisen from the onset of Typhoon Nesat, and flight TR166 to Shenyang had departed at 5.48am.

Due to a smaller aircraft used for the replacement flight, only a smaller number of passengers could be accommodated.

The affected passengers were informed by SMS messages.

Scoot apologised for the inconvenience caused and offered the affected passengers a substitute flight as well as accommodation arrangements.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woman thinking of making police report over '80 chopped chilli padi' in extra spicy noodles
See 44 More Photos
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppGoogle Gmail Share

Cherlynn Ng
Posted on 27 July 2018 | 36,226 views | 75 comments
Submitted by Stomper Sha

This story was submitted via WhatsApp. Click here to join our WhatsApp group.

A woman requested for the fried kway teow that she ordered from a restaurant to be "extra spicy", and alleged finding "over 80" chopped pieces of chilli padi in the dish when she got it.
Stomper Sha said she ordered the $5.20 seafood kway teow goreng for herself and a $6.70 Thai fried rice for her husband from 89.7 Supper Club on July 22.
The dinner order was made via Foodpanda's mobile app.
whatsapp_image_2018-07-27_at_8.43.44_am3_0.jpg

Sha said: "I asked for 'extra spicy' but did not expect over 80 chilli padi in my char kway teow.
"I didn't really notice it as first as we were watching a movie while eating. However, by the third mouthful, I felt a burning sensation in my mouth and throat.
"I stopped eating and picked out about 20 to 30 pieces of chilli padi.
Sha then tried to continue her meal, but ended up discarding it.

"I found that there was even more chilli padi and my mouth was still burning. In the end, I threw the kway teow away even though there was still more than half left.
"My husband's fried rice was perfectly normal."

According to Sha, she orders food from the restaurant twice to thrice a week, but never had such an experience before.
"Sometimes, about once a month, I would ask for my food to be extra spicy to satisfy my cravings. There's usually 20 to 30 pieces of chilli padi. But this time, there were over 80."

Sha told Stomp that she subsequently posted about the incident on her Facebook account as well as messaged 89.7 Supper Club on their page.
She also informed Foodpanda of the incident and said they gave her $5.20 in credit for her next order. This amount is the same as the cost of the dish.
The Stomper added: "I called the restaurant's Geylang East branch where my food was delivered from. They referred me to the manager at their head office in Changi Village.

"I tried calling the manager over the next few days but could not reach him as he was not in the office each time.
"When I finally spoke to him on the phone at around 5pm yesterday (July 26), the first thing he said was, 'What you want? If not happy, make police report.'

"He seemed agitated and I ended the phone call afterwards.

"During the call, he did not apologise nor resolve the issue."

Stomp got in touch with the said manager, who declined to be named. He confirmed that he was aware of the incident.
He told Stomp in a phone interview: "When a customers asks for their food to be more spicy, our practice is to add more chilli padi to it.

"What happened was this customer (Sha) found that we overdid it.
"I told my staff to tell her that in this case, bring her Foodpanda receipt to any of our outlets for a refund or a replacement. She refused.
"When I spoke to her yesterday, I asked her what she wanted, which she took issue with.

"She kept saying that she wanted to make a police report, so I told her, by all means. She also said she was going to inform the National Environment Agency (NEA)."
The manager maintained that he meant it in a "polite way" when he asked Sha what she wanted, since she had allegedly turned down his offer of a replacement and a refund.

However, he admitted: "I found her arrogant so I didn't feel like apologising.
Asked several times by Stomp if the incident was accidental, the manager reiterated: "Just take it as a mistake."
He added: "The woman even said she was a regular. Therefore, I don't understand why she is making noise because if she's a regular customer, then she should understand our style.

"If she can take out the chilli padi, that means she can still eat the food. After all, it's not like chilli sauce."
The manager, who said he had consulted a lawyer over the incident, asked for people to understand his predicament.
"I already offered her a refund and replacement.
"What would you do if you were in my shoes?"

Following Stomp's conversation with the manager, we spoke to Sha again.
Describing the manager as "cocky", the Stomper maintained that she had not been offered a refund or replacement.
She also said she mentioned the police and NEA during her phone call with the manager.
"I just want the restaurant to acknowledge the issue properly," said Sha, adding that she is "still contemplating" making a police report.
"For all you know, it could have been an act of mischief.

"What if some people who can't take the spiciness encounter the same thing and end up with a stomach ulcer? I sometimes order food for my grandmother and what if this happens to her? You know what it's like for old people."

Sha also suggested letting customers indicate the level of spiciness they wanted in their orders to avoid such incidents in future.

Like this story? Get more of Stomp's latest updates by following us on Facebook,WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!
Wah..chili no need money?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lah! If u get too much Pay n Pay, just make sure the next erection put a cross on the opposition box, stoopid lady.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must be an cheapo an neh
Free stuff ask for more this add more that add more
U want extra spicy dont give you chilli then give you sweets ah?:biggrin:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better call the police too if u trip over a stone! Must be an attempt by a person to cause grievous physical damage to you intentionally!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Kick up such a big fuss over a mere packet of food. Sinkies are really too free, too pampered and quarrelsome.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
$3 the food panda delivery guy got risking his life delivering this particular food? Must share with company somemore! How to maintain the motorbike like this?

mee_siam_hum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can not handle HUM want to order EXTRA HUM then complain for fuck?

Can not handle HUM pse order MAI-HUM lah! EXTRA STUPID CUNT!

Your fucking PM never teach you how to order Mee Siam Mai Hum on NDP Rally Talk Cock is it? Huh?