• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'If you can't afford to eat, then don't eat': Customer claims dim sum stall staff shouted at him for asking for takeaway chilli, Singapore News

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
www.asiaone.com

'If you can't afford to eat, then don't eat': Customer claims dim sum stall staff shouted at him for asking for takeaway chilli​

'If you can't afford to eat, then don't eat': Customer claims dim sum stall staff shouted at him for asking for takeaway chilli
PUBLISHED ONOctober 30, 2023 6:53 PM
ByOng Su Mann

Just a little was needed.
A dim sum stall customer asked for takeaway chilli sauce to go with his food, not expecting it to turn into a big thing.
Stomp contributor Angry, the customer, claimed to be devastated over the chilli commotion.
It happened at the $1.50 Dim Sum stall in the coffee shop at Block 555 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 in the evening of Oct 25.
"I ordered five items and packed them in a plastic bag," recounted the Stomp contributor.
"I requested another small plastic bag for some chilli sauce since I was taking away my food. The stall helper, a lady, repeatedly said no. The chilli could not be packed and could only be eaten as dine-in, she said.
"If I wanted the chilli to take away, I must purchase their canned chilli for $5.50. I said I needed only a little, but the girl aggressively shouted at me in Mandarin: 'If you can't afford to eat, then don't eat.' "
whatsapp_image_2023-10-26_at_5.42.12_pm.jpg
PHOTO: Stomp
The Stomp contributor said another woman working at the stall pointed at the CCTV camera above their heads and threatened the Stomp contributor.
"She said their boss was watching if I were to steal the chilli. I could not believe that I was being called a cheapskate."
Stomp has contacted Dim Sum Express, the company that operates the stall, for more info.
The $1.50 Dim Sum stall used to known as $1.30 Dim Sum until December last year when the stall reopened after renovations.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
That cb stall's dim sum taste like fuck! Cheap but super fuck up! Maybe the chilli sauce is to mask the fuck up taste of the crappy food.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it necessary to go all out to shame someone who perhaps had a bad day? In the good old days, we just stopped patronize the business that offended us. Singaporeans like to complain. Now they take their complain online to destroy people's business or leave negative google reviews.

Worse, many competitors who play dirty, now also exploit this.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very true. If cannot afford fuck off. You try that in Geylang lah. Tell the pimp you want to ta pow the chicken but bo pay extra.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
www.asiaone.com

'If you can't afford to eat, then don't eat': Customer claims dim sum stall staff shouted at him for asking for takeaway chilli​

'If you can't afford to eat, then don't eat': Customer claims dim sum stall staff shouted at him for asking for takeaway chilli'If you can't afford to eat, then don't eat': Customer claims dim sum stall staff shouted at him for asking for takeaway chilli
PUBLISHED ONOctober 30, 2023 6:53 PM
ByOng Su Mann

Just a little was needed.
A dim sum stall customer asked for takeaway chilli sauce to go with his food, not expecting it to turn into a big thing.
Stomp contributor Angry, the customer, claimed to be devastated over the chilli commotion.
It happened at the $1.50 Dim Sum stall in the coffee shop at Block 555 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 in the evening of Oct 25.
"I ordered five items and packed them in a plastic bag," recounted the Stomp contributor.
"I requested another small plastic bag for some chilli sauce since I was taking away my food. The stall helper, a lady, repeatedly said no. The chilli could not be packed and could only be eaten as dine-in, she said.
"If I wanted the chilli to take away, I must purchase their canned chilli for $5.50. I said I needed only a little, but the girl aggressively shouted at me in Mandarin: 'If you can't afford to eat, then don't eat.' "
whatsapp_image_2023-10-26_at_5.42.12_pm.jpg
PHOTO: Stomp
The Stomp contributor said another woman working at the stall pointed at the CCTV camera above their heads and threatened the Stomp contributor.
"She said their boss was watching if I were to steal the chilli. I could not believe that I was being called a cheapskate."
Stomp has contacted Dim Sum Express, the company that operates the stall, for more info.
The $1.50 Dim Sum stall used to known as $1.30 Dim Sum until December last year when the stall reopened after renovations.

I can afford to eat good dim sum. No shortage of chilli sauce at my favourite dim sum joints.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dim sum either open by tiong or Malaysians, just boycott them , make them closed shop ,but eventually they will change sign board ,lol, but same ppl operating

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of low life eatery doesn’t allow for takeaway of chilli. That’s the biggest issue of F&B in Singapore. Expensive still give fucked up service.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it necessary to go all out to shame someone who perhaps had a bad day? In the good old days, we just stopped patronize the business that offended us. Singaporeans like to complain. Now they take their complain online to destroy people's business or leave negative google reviews.
agreed. i wish to share my experience in JB on this quite similar situation. JB has a bakery called Lavender. I like their Japanese made bread and their Kaya. The bakery has a small cafe by them, beside the bakery, doing drink and toast.

I ask the cafe lady if i can buy the Japanese bread slices from the bakery and then you can kaya for me and i am willing to pay the same price as the menu and i will buy a drink from the cafe too. The cafe apparently is not using the Japanese bread for their toast. She politely decline it and say it cannot be done. I have to get my own Kaya from the shop for my bread. i explain that i cannot finish the kaya by myself as i only can clear half of the kaya bottle for 6 slices of bread as i tried it before. She still disallowed my request with a smile on her face. I thank her.

So i just buy my own bread and kaya and try to use more kaya on each slice just enough without getting overwhelmed by it. Not bad , finished 7/8 of it and also buy a drink from the cafe, to have a table for myself.

The day goes by nicely. no shouting, no anger, just pleasantries.

why my life so smooth? because i put up strong boundaries against ball-less sinkie behaviour. and only allow proper behaviour to interact with me and JB has loads of such good nice behaviour. i open myself more to Johor pple than sinkies.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it necessary to go all out to shame someone who perhaps had a bad day? In the good old days, we just stopped patronize the business that offended us. Singaporeans like to complain. Now they take their complain online to destroy people's business or leave negative google reviews. Worse, many competitors who play dirty, now also exploit this.
The owner of the $1.50 Dim Sum stall at Blk 555 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 should fire that staff who called the Stomper a cheapskate. She singlehandedly caused her boss' business to decline from that remark to a paying customer.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please la... any business that plays so dirty that they don't even allow taking away chilli should be shamed. Nothing to do with bad day or not.

BAD day can fuck customer over?

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
The owner of the $1.50 Dim Sum stall at Blk 555 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 should fire that staff who called the Stomper a cheapskate. She singlehandedly caused her boss' business to decline from that remark to a paying customer.
yeah, customer service cannot be like that. The staff need a kopi session with the boss.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
agreed. i wish to share my experience in JB on this quite similar situation. JB has a bakery called Lavender. I like their Japanese made bread and their Kaya. The bakery has a small cafe by them, beside the bakery, doing drink and toast. I ask the cafe lady if i can buy the Japanese bread slices from the bakery and then you can kaya for me and i am willing to pay the same price as the menu and i will buy a drink from the cafe too. The cafe apparently is not using the Japanese bread for their toast. She politely decline it and say it cannot be done. I have to get my own Kaya from the shop for my bread. i explain that i cannot finish the kaya by myself as i only can clear half of the kaya bottle for 6 slices of bread as i tried it before. She still disallowed my request with a smile on her face. I thank her. So i just buy my own bread and kaya and try to use more kaya on each slice just enough without getting overwhelmed by it. Not bad , finished 7/8 of it and also buy a drink from the cafe, to have a table for myself. The day goes by nicely. no shouting, no anger, just pleasantries. why my life so smooth? because i put up strong boundaries against ball-less sinkie behaviour. and only allow proper behaviour to interact with me and JB has loads of such good nice behaviour. i open myself more to Johor pple than sinkies.
It seems that courteous and helpful service staff are in short supply in S'pore. Could it have something to do with customers here being generally rude, overbearing, aggressive and unreasonable?

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems that courteous and helpful service staff are in short supply in S'pore. Could it have something to do with customers here being generally rude, overbearing, aggressive and unreasonable?
It could be. I believe it takes 2 hands to clap. A request is always granted if politeness is exercised.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same can be say that if a customer leave good review the business will improve. The boss need to know that as well and train his staffs well.
The trouble is that most service staff are disgruntled because of low pay, long hours and the extremely high cost of living in S'pore.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
It could be. I believe it takes 2 hands to clap. A request is always granted if politeness is exercised.
I couldn't agree more. I was a service staff during my school holidays so I realise how difficult customers can be. That's why I make it a point to be patient, polite and always thank them. Their response is almost always positive i.e. it makes me believe that not many customers show any appreciation to them.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
agreed. i wish to share my experience in JB on this quite similar situation. JB has a bakery called Lavender. I like their Japanese made bread and their Kaya. The bakery has a small cafe by them, beside the bakery, doing drink and toast.

I ask the cafe lady if i can buy the Japanese bread slices from the bakery and then you can kaya for me and i am willing to pay the same price as the menu and i will buy a drink from the cafe too. The cafe apparently is not using the Japanese bread for their toast. She politely decline it and say it cannot be done. I have to get my own Kaya from the shop for my bread. i explain that i cannot finish the kaya by myself as i only can clear half of the kaya bottle for 6 slices of bread as i tried it before. She still disallowed my request with a smile on her face. I thank her.

So i just buy my own bread and kaya and try to use more kaya on each slice just enough without getting overwhelmed by it. Not bad , finished 7/8 of it and also buy a drink from the cafe, to have a table for myself.

The day goes by nicely. no shouting, no anger, just pleasantries.

why my life so smooth? because i put up strong boundaries against ball-less sinkie behaviour. and only allow proper behaviour to interact with me and JB has loads of such good nice behaviour. i open myself more to Johor pple than sinkies.
Lavender has a branch at Changi Jewel basement