• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ask for receipts when eating at food courts, hawker centres and coffee shops

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What has this country come to?
Elites and politicians earning hundreds of thousands of dollars and eat at fancy restaurants while
hawkers resort to cheating Sinkies.
Cheating culture spreading in Singapore.

Man appalled by $15 cai png from Novena food court, says he was 'scolded' for wanting receipt​

photo_librarySee 19 More Photoschevron_rightchevron_left
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppGmail Share

Cherlynn Ng mail

Posted on 17 April 2023 | 18,151 views | 17 comments
Submitted by Stomper Ferry

This story was submitted via Stomp App contribution.

A diner was shocked to be charged $15 for his meal of rice with four dishes from a food court in Novena on Sunday afternoon (Apr 16).
Stomper Ferry said he visited Cookhouse by Koufu at Velocity @ Novena Square at around 1pm and ordered lunch from the economy rice stall.
Unfortunately, his takeaway meal was anything but economical.
Ferry had ordered fish, pork, vegetables, and fried chicken that he asked to be packed separately.
He told Stomp: "I ordered fish and chicken thigh and asked for their prices prior to ordering. I was informed that the fish cost $3 and the chicken thigh cost $3.50, and I agreed to these prices.
"Then I added pork and vegetables with rice, which is about $5 to $6 more according to my calculation."
This means that based on Ferry's estimation, the meal should have amounted to $12.50 at most.
The Stomper added: "However, when it was time to pay, I was charged a total of $15. I received $35 in change from the $50 I handed over.
"I was surprised by this and asked for a receipt, but the elderly man running the stall was rude. He refused to provide a receipt and even scolded me for not asking for one earlier.
"I am extremely disappointed with the service I received from this stall. It is clear to me that the stallholder is trying to overcharge customers. I hope future customers do not fall victim to the same dishonest practices."
This was Ferry's third time visiting the stall, but looks like it might also be the last.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

$15 'cai fan' a miscalculation, Koufu says after diner asked why vegetables cost more than meat​

APRIL 18, 2023PUBLISHED AT 11:33 AMByCHING SHI JIE
20230418_food.jpeg

The $15 'cai fan' that a diner had recently paid for at a food court in Novena was a miscalculation, Koufu said.
Taking to the Complaint Singapore Facebook Group, Francis Lim wrote about his "unpleasant experience" and said he was overcharged for his takeaway at Velocity @ Novena Square last Sunday (April 16) afternoon.
Lim said that he was ordering from the mixed vegetables rice stall in the food court run by the local food and beverage chain.
"I was informed [by the elderly stall owner] that the fish costs $3 and it's $3.50 for chicken thigh," the diner said.
Ordering another vegetable dish with the two meat for his meal, Lim thought that his cai fan would cost $12.50.
But the man was shocked to only receive $35 in change after handing the stall owner a $50 note.
This meant that he was charged $15 for the 'cai fan', the diner said as he questioned why the vegetable dish had cost more than fish.
The stall owner also "scolded" him for requesting a receipt and refused to give him one, Lim said, adding: "It is clear to me that he is dishonest and was trying to overcharge customers."
The Facebook post has since received over 70 comments and 180 reactions.
In the comments, several netizens were shocked by how expensive the packet of 'cai fan' was.
Screenshot%202023-04-18%20at%2010.29.35%20AM.png
PHOTO: Screengrab/Facebook/Complaint Singapore
Responding to AsiaOne's queries, Koufu shared that it has reached out to Lim after seeing the feedback on social media.
His cai fan order was a result of miscalculation, the food and beverage chain said, adding that a refund has been arranged with the diner.
"The stall tenant is also willing to offer a complimentary meal to apologise for the service gap," Koufu said.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who did he vote for?

This is what happened when you voted for PAP in every General Elections. Singkies deserve it.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Food court... owned by one of the F&B cronies. What did he expect? :cool:

Even some of the newer 'hawker centres' are owned by the same F&B cronies... they are nothing more than non-aircon food courts. :wink:

Expect prices to rise further since this cuntry is doubling down on being a money laundering hub. Enjoy the $15 price for now, next time it will be $30, $50 and higher. :whistling:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel like most of the food stalls and hawkers are all trying to screw consumers by hiking much more than their food cost increases. It’s like a cartel. Somehow everyone just keeps increasing the price until the point when consumers stop buying or buy less, then they take a break.