• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Outraged That His Chinktown Breakfast Porridge Cost $8.50!! Used To Cost $8 Only!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
foodmain.jpg

Would you pay $8.50 for a meal of porridge, minced meat, braised pork and cabbage?

That was the question posted by Stomper Foo after he learned that his friend was charged $8.50 for her breakfast at Hong Lim Market & Food Centre last Thursday morning (Aug 3).

Foo, who works in the vicinity of Chinatown, said: "My kaki and I meet for breakfast on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays so she has bought from this stall on the ground floor several times."

According to the Stomper, the same dishes from the same stall cost $8 on July 17.

whatsapp_image_2023-08-08_at_11.34.32_am.jpg

Strangely, this cheaper meal had sweet potato in the porridge unlike the more recent $8.50 meal.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...50-for-this-breakfast-at-hong-lim-food-centre

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remember a samster would waste 6.9 hours queueing at the causeway just to get a cheaper haircut and wanton mee at jb. total cost for him was $16.9 including petrol and not counting time. at that time i paid $6.9 including tip for a haircut by a chiobu at bedok central. wanton mee then only cost $3.69. some sinkies would waste money and time just to save 69c. sinkie math not very good.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
i remember a samster would waste 6.9 hours queueing at the causeway just to get a cheaper haircut and wanton mee at jb. total cost for him was $16.9 including petrol and not counting time. at that time i paid $6.9 including tip for a haircut by a chiobu at bedok central. wanton mee then only cost $3.69. some sinkies would waste money and time just to save 69c. sinkie math not very good.
After getting cheap jb hair cut that sinkies visited Leng Kee and spent 69k for a piece of coe paper

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
$8.50 for teochew ber with 3 dishes is considered reasonable at current situation.
Stomper need to learn what is contentment.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you know why hawker centres are sometimes closed for renovations, even when there is no apparent need to do so?

This is one of the reasons why. :wink:

Refer also to: the hawker centres at Marine Parade, Seah Im and Bukit Merah View.

Akan datang: the Tekka hawker centre.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
just learn to cook yourself some simple dishes, boycott those hawkers that charge minimum $5 for smallest potions and $7 for normal and $9 for big...
dont let it become the nom, you are only mainly benefitting the landlord, not really the hawker

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is
foodmain.jpg

Would you pay $8.50 for a meal of porridge, minced meat, braised pork and cabbage?

That was the question posted by Stomper Foo after he learned that his friend was charged $8.50 for her breakfast at Hong Lim Market & Food Centre last Thursday morning (Aug 3).

Foo, who works in the vicinity of Chinatown, said: "My kaki and I meet for breakfast on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays so she has bought from this stall on the ground floor several times."

According to the Stomper, the same dishes from the same stall cost $8 on July 17.

Strangely, this cheaper meal had sweet potato in the porridge unlike the more recent $8.50 meal.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...50-for-this-breakfast-at-hong-lim-food-centre
This ish the Heng Ong huat wealth twickling down effect mah

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
foodmain.jpg

Compare to Mcdonald or 1 cup of bubble tea, or 1 cup of startbuck drink, for the same price, this meal is truly value for money.