• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Old Farts Demand For Free Curry With Their Keling Economy Rice! Keling Towkay Tells Them To Fuck Off! No Free Curry In Singapore!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
receipt-main.jpg

An elderly couple were upset when they were charged $2 for curry at a restaurant along Buffalo Road in Little India on Aug 31.

The couple's son shared with Stomp that his parents had visited Al-Abu Restaurant for lunch.

"My elderly parents went over to get a chicken meal at this Indian restaurant," he said.

"They were charged separately for rice, chicken and vegetables and were told they needed to get two eggs because the restaurant does not sell a single egg.

"When my dad checked, he realised that he wasn't given any curry.

"It's common sense that rice meals come with curry, who will give plain rice without any curry?

"To his horror, he was charged $2 for plain chicken curry, just the plain gravy.

"This is the first time I'm hearing of a restaurant in Singapore that charges for plain curry when you buy a rice meal.

"None of the other Singapore Indian shops do this.

"To top it off, the phone number in the receipt is invalid."

The Stomper added that he called a number and purportedly talked to the owner of the restaurant who told him that 'no one gives curry for free in Singapore'.

Stomp has reached out to the restaurant for comment.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...-2-for-plain-curry-at-little-india-restaurant

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
receipt-main.jpg

An elderly couple were upset when they were charged $2 for curry at a restaurant along Buffalo Road in Little India on Aug 31.

The couple's son shared with Stomp that his parents had visited Al-Abu Restaurant for lunch.

"My elderly parents went over to get a chicken meal at this Indian restaurant," he said.

"They were charged separately for rice, chicken and vegetables and were told they needed to get two eggs because the restaurant does not sell a single egg.

"It's common sense that rice meals come with curry, who will give plain rice without any curry?

"To his horror, he was charged $2 for plain chicken curry, just the plain gravy.

"This is the first time I'm hearing of a restaurant in Singapore that charges for plain curry when you buy a rice meal.

The Stomper added that he called a number and purportedly talked to the owner of the restaurant who told him that 'no one gives curry for free in Singapore'.

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...-2-for-plain-curry-at-little-india-restaurant

The restaurant owner must be from India.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once a receipt is involved, it is no longer cheap or 'economical'. Daft Sinkies never learn.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spice is expensive. However many curry hawkers in Singapore are using artificial curry flavour chemical from China. If you go to Taobao, you can find all sorts of food chemical

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
is the owner a ceca??? This owner do not understand the culture of food in Sg by making such statement.

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
receipt-main.jpg

Is normal lah… most of the Indians especially the elderly type always want things to be free… in this world there are no free lunch….

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gravy and. Curry are high in cholesterol and clog up arteries. They are best avoided.
Nonsense.

In jb, you an request curry champur and they will add all the curry and gravy flavours into your rice. In "nasi kandar" restaurants, this is standard practice.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is normal lah… most of the Indians especially the elderly type always want things to be free… in this world there are no free lunch….

The old farts actually think that curry rains down from the sky. Free to collect. Chink economy rice sellers should learn and charge losers extra for the curry or soy sauce gravies added to rice.