• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie admitted to AMDK that Singlish is low class. Singlish speaking Sinkies please take note.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does the truth hurt?
Unfortunately, most of our students fail to articulate their words clearly and distinctly according to the rules governing the English language. Our Govt attributed declining standards of English competency to the widespread use of Singlish. This led to the launch of the Speak Good English Movement in April 2000 that championed the use of Standard English over its English-based patois. Proponents of Singlish view it as unique to S'pore and an expression of our multicultural identity. However, the reality is that most S'poreans are unable to code switch effortlessly between Singlish and grammatically correct English. It is hardly surprising that the majority of our young are not proficient at handling different varieties of the language. After all, an estimated 50% of households are ill equipped to support the use of Standard English.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
@ least it sounds so much better than Pinoy accented Engrish... Always have a hard time grasping what they trying to say?

Last edited:

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
@ least it sounds so much better than Pinoy accented Engrish... Always have a hard time grasping what they trying to say?
Unfortunately, the truth hurts. Filipinos also have an onerous task trying to understand Singlish. However, I find that many S'poreans possess the ability to code switch to a more standard form of English when interacting with foreigners here.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately, the truth hurts. Filipinos also have an onerous task trying to understand Singlish. However, I find that many S'poreans possess the ability to code switch to a more standard form of English when interacting with foreigners here.
i like to code switch to beng lingo when in sg. “knn” is my favorite greeting and honorific.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
i like to code switch to beng lingo when in sg. “knn” is my favorite greeting and honorific.
To each his own; do whatever "floats your boat". I also use the greeting "KNN" on toxic relatives who bad mouth me out of envy. Fortunately, I only have one to avoid this coming Chinese New Year. LOL!