• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's tuition industry is now worth more than a billion dollars.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Enhanced Performance Management System was designed to capture 3 aspects of the teachers, so it seemed... Student outcomes, Professional development and Organizational contributions.

1/3 related to students, 1/3 related to personal, 1/3 related to organization. And then we wonder why our kids need tuition :p:p:p

source: http://www.moe.gov.sg/corporate/contactprint/pdf/contact_apr14.pdf

enhanced performance management system,wow im loving it.righ away it reeks of some management jargon bullshit that only SMU students can produce.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
enhanced performance management system,wow im loving it.righ away it reeks of some management jargon bullshit that only NUS students can produce.

I don't know... I was under the impression that if every school is a good school, then all the teachers to be paid at the same remuneration, no? Why need this EPMS thing altogether? Hmm...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know... I was under the impression that if every school is a good school, then all the teachers to be paid at the same remuneration, no? Why need this EPMS thing altogether? Hmm...

hes saying that to the peasants,peasants dont need to worry what school they go to,even if the school is behind the kampong shack under a banana tree.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so u telling me the tuition industry has expanded from 600 million to 1.1 billion within 10 years because sinkie kids are growing exponentially lazy?and kids spend all their lives in school and extracurricular remedial and tuition centers because they are lazy?so in ten years time sinkie kids will be forced to have tuition in the mother's womb because they are lazing muthafarkers when they get out?

then i wonder what australia is like,australia is like land of the lazy,

lemme tell u this aussies may be lazy sonsabytches but they sure as hell aint stupid like sinkies.
How can Aussie kids be lazier than Sg kids where most Aussie families do not have maids. In Sg, we get maids to train our kids since birth to be lazy. They are drilled not to do anything but leave all to the maids. When maids can't help in school works, the parents get tutors to do it for their kids.

Laziness cannot increase exponentially because ultimately one just lie there doing nothing. So laziness increases more like a a curve represented by y = max laziness index - 1/x where x = number of years. Rest assured, I think most of our kids are already hitting the peak of laziness.

Tuition is not to learn. It is to clear homework. In the womb, there is no homework so there is no need for tuition.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
thanks to the pap for creating a first world first class school system in sg.

Then it depends on yardstick for defining good: I'm eagerly awaiting for a Nobel science prize to be won by any Sinkie since you claimed that Sinkiestan has a first world first class school system :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I paid for my Uni education and bought my first car at 18 thanks to income from tuition.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
compared to publicly pubic schools in the u.s., every school in sg is a great school. thanks to the pap for creating a first world first class school system in sg.

iv seen that show by 20/20 called stupid in america,those american kids are just stupid,aint nothing gonna save them.and its not just the kids that are dumb there parents look like a pretty stupid bunch too.and it sure aint for lack of trying.american probably spends more money educating these idiots then all the countries combined.

americans are confident yes but stupid as hell.they showed these german or belgium kids competing with the so called "honor" student classes in the american public schools,american did the exam papers of the german kids,none of them even scored above 49 even though they were pretty "confident",meanwhile the german/belgium kids did the american tests and said they were like far below their grade level and too easy and if they couldnt ace it they were pretty stupid.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Laziness cannot increase exponentially because ultimately one just lie there doing nothing. So laziness increases more like a a curve represented by y = max laziness - 1/x where x = number of years. Rest assured, I think most of our kids are already hitting the peak of laziness.

kids in sg are multitasking due to high expectations placed upon them by parents and the system, thanks to a plethora of extra-curricula services and aids offered in abundance by the child-friendly environment which emphasizes excellence and opportunity for every child. why not, since human resource is the best resource in sg, and children the bedrock of the future. it's a great outcome.

compare the amount of activities, tutoring, and homework the average sinkie kid goes through with that of the average american kid, i would rather have the sg system. american kids, especially in california, are lagging in world standards of education. and unfortunately, they also lag the world in healthy habits. just look at the average californian kid today. they're fat, lazy, and 47% mexican or hispanic, and they almost always fail in state test scores. :rolleyes:

schools provide lunch, and illegal immigrant families are relying on the "free" lunch (paid by taxpayers) to feed their kids.
image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then it depends on yardstick for defining good: I'm eagerly awaiting for a Nobel science prize to be won by any Sinkie since you claimed that Sinkiestan has a first world first class school system :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

just wait. it will happen when the nobel award committee becomes less liberal, less left-leaning, and less politically motivated. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iv seen that show by 20/20 called stupid in america,those american kids are just stupid,aint nothing gonna save them.and its not just the kids that are dumb there parents look like a pretty stupid bunch too.and it sure aint for lack of trying.american probably spends more money educating these idiots then all the countries combined.

americans are confident yes but stupid as hell.they showed these german or belgium kids competing with the so called "honor" student classes in the american public schools,american did the exam papers of the german kids,none of them even scored above 49 even though they were pretty "confident",meanwhile the german/belgium kids did the american tests and said they were like far below their grade level and too easy and if they couldnt ace it they were pretty stupid.

these kids in the disturbing pic are becoming the average american kid, due to unfettered illegal immigration and the massive production of babies by these poor immigrants. we don't need congress to dumb down america. the gene pool is dumbing down by virtue of sheer numbers.

image.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
just wait. it will happen when the nobel award committee becomes less liberal, less left-leaning, and less politically motivated. :biggrin:

Under any circumstances, the brightest and best will show, I'm still waiting for the cows to come home.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i am good in teaching, should i run a tuition centre as well? but rental stop my plan:(

I did it from home.

However, if you do want to rent a place, it's just another business deductible. Your accountant will take care of that.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Under any circumstances, the brightest and best will show, I'm still waiting for the cows to come home.

this chap, although born in the uk, is a beneficiary and heir of the sg education system. his parents are 100% sinkies, who provided him the genes, support and environment for a successful academic and scientific career. he is on the nobel prize watch. sooner or later, it's gonna happen. call him a sinkie son, if you wish. he's definitely a sinkie product.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Ng

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did it from home.

However, if you do want to rent a place, it's just another business deductible. Your accountant will take care of that.

i gave tuition too:smile: 1 to 1 home tuition, at pupils home.

i also have a decent job, but super tired to hold 2 jobs at the same time.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Don't have to pull a fast one on this one.
1. Prof Andrew Ng was denied a deferment from the SAF and hence he had gone overseas for his college studies. Note that this happened around the same time Tony was the Defense Ministar and Patrick was allowed deferment. Prof Andrew got his secondary and JC education no doubt, he's not a complete product of the Sinkie Education System.
2. His parents aren't 100% Sinkies, mind you. I know Prof Ng's father personally.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2. His parents aren't 100% Sinkies, mind you. I know Prof Ng's father personally.

anyone who has drank the blessed water of sg from her pristine pipes and "sewage-free" storage tanks, and peed and pooped into her superb sewage system is 100% sinkie. it's extremely difficult to get rid of the pak si buay chau residue. :biggrin:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed. Selling snake oil and false hopes to kiasu Sinkie parents.

Some of the kids whom I see are also very poor thing, basically their weekends get burnt with tuition classes and other 'enrichment' classes.

Study so hard and spend so much money for what? Good employment is not guaranteed in the future. :wink:

Maybe the kids are put into classes during the weekends be cause parents got no time to spend with them. Especially those with wn business.