• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's old order ready for fall, says candidate Tan Jee Say

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I wish people would just behave a little more rationally.

Do I care that he used to be part of the establishment? No.
Do I care that he could be a bit stuckup? No.
Do I care whether or not I like him? No.
Am I afraid to be backing what some other people might think is a loser? No.

Do I think that he can contribute to the opposition cause if elected into parliament? Yes. That is the only thing I care about. If he stands against the PAP in a straight fight in my ward, I will vote for him. I'll do the same for KJ.

Tan Jee Say is not stupid. He identified the availability of child care as one of the central issues behind why Singaporeans don't want children. Suddenly all the PAP MPs are talking about it. I don't agree with him on everything, but he is as knowledgeable about the government as any other given WP MP.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I wish people would just behave a little more rationally.

Do I care that he used to be part of the establishment? No.
Do I care that he could be a bit stuckup? No.
Do I care whether or not I like him? No.
Am I afraid to be backing what some other people might think is a loser? No.

Do I think that he can contribute to the opposition cause if elected into parliament? Yes. That is the only thing I care about. If he stands against the PAP in a straight fight in my ward, I will vote for him. I'll do the same for KJ.

Tan Jee Say is not stupid. He identified the availability of child care as one of the central issues behind why Singaporeans don't want children. Suddenly all the PAP MPs are talking about it. I don't agree with him on everything, but he is as knowledgeable about the government as any other given WP MP.

He is a bakc stabber and opportunist. Even your idol Chee couldn't tame him.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many politicians do things that can be called backstabbing and opportunism. If you don't get used to this idea you will end up as a very bitter person.

LKY was also a backstabber and an opportunist - and he ended up being good for Singapore for maybe 20 years.

I can put up with a certain amount of backstabbing and opportunism. Main issue is - is he good for opposition as a backbencher.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TJS really has an axe to grind against the pap. Hope he does not do a CSJ and implode the oppos from within

He's a deluded fool. Just like those who said KJ would not merely retain his deposit but get in excess of 20% of the vote in the PEBE because minorities would vote for him. The 1.2% KJ got demonstrated the scale of their stupidity.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can put up with a certain amount of backstabbing and opportunism. Main issue is - is he good for opposition as a backbencher.

Answer is NO. It's moot because he's unelectable, like for example Steve Chia. He'll lose every election he takes part in.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont blame TJS for screwing up the PE 2011. The asshole that should be blamed is Tan Kin Lian and the dumbos that voted for him. TJS got 25% of the hard core anti PAP vote and I voted for TJS as I want the most anti PAP chap I can lay my hands on that will give Pinky nightmares. TKL votes would have gone to TCB and TCB would have won. I just buay song TCB on 1 point is he not willing to give up the multi million pay package unlike TJS.

But I know TCB as President will do a much better job than KFC.. KFC was put there to guard the leegime as LKY must have told him to stand for erection.

Also blame PAP for not having a run off election as most decent countries will do.

He did worse than CSJ by screwing up the PE 2011

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont blame TJS for screwing up the PE 2011. The asshole that should be blamed is Tan Kin Lian and the dumbos that voted for him. TJS got 25% of the hard core anti PAP vote and I voted for TJS as I want the most anti PAP chap I can lay my hands on that will give Pinky nightmares. TKL votes would have gone to TCB and TCB would have won. I just buay song TCB on 1 point is he not willing to give up the multi million pay package unlike TJS.

But I know TCB as President will do a much better job than KFC.. KFC was put there to guard the leegime as LKY must have told him to stand for erection.

Also blame PAP for not having a run off election as most decent countries will do.

I still blame TJS.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think TJS has his fan base. In many situations we need somebody hard hitting like him to keep the ruling party on it's toes.

He does have an advantage over many other opposition leaders, i.e. he was once in the system and knows the system.

That said, he does not come across as a very likeable person. In order for him to win votes, he will have to be as un-PAP as he can.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ready to fall? Barack Obama welcoming LHL in the US by letting him stay in the premier Blair House residence. Obama praised LKY in a former visit years ago. What chance will it fall with TJS around?