• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean retires at 63 with 300k cash, 150k cpf, 4 room hdb. Everyday eat bread n rot at home $500 monthly expenses, considered successful?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good calculation. But for a 63-yr old to move to JB is likely not an option.

Aiyah, 63 year old is considered young lah.

Sinkie women always damn kiasi one. This cannot that cannot. Everything cannot, then live so long for what.

If 72 year old woman can live solo in a van, it will be easy peasy for 63 year old to live in a condo in JB.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never ever followed her numerous posts and the people who responded to them - both are equally annoying for blanketing the forum with their nonsense. A brief glance seems to indicate that she bought a house in JB looking for price appreciation, but ended up losing money and then kpkb.
Renting is a much better idea. If SGD appreciates, the rental expenses in JB becomes cheaper and the rental income from HDB flat becomes more when converted to MYR - win win. Most Sinkies can't see beyond their nose and cannot think out of the box.
You are the only one thinking straight. The other fools want to buy house for no good reason. I can tell you thailand is much better for buying property because it is not shky like malaysia. But of course it is mich further away. I was forced back when bloody pap say we have to pay for our own stay in hotel. Their country didnt chase us away

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah, 63 year old is considered young lah.

Sinkie women always damn kiasi one. This cannot that cannot. Everything cannot, then live so long for what.

If 72 year old woman can live solo in a van, it will be easy peasy for 63 year old to live in a condo in JB.

Sinkie can only stay in sinkieland till they kick the bucket. Everything scare. Scare of spiders, bugs, worms...how to stay in elsewhere?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just dont get real sick or down with stroke! All ur saving will be wiped out! Tat time she will be taking medicine 24/7

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am practising to eat 1 meal a day
i think is more than enough for a human being to live
eat more shit more, eat less shit less
just have one super nutritious meal is enough plus lots of exercises and plenty of water
KNN my uncle think all correct except last 1 KNN human need at least 1 super nutritious meal for the function for a day with normal activity KNN with lots of exercise you will need to have 3 normal meals for a bear learn else your output nutrition will be more than input KNN

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone has different needs and levels of satisfaction. No 1 size fits all. Not everyone is born the same. As long as there are surpluses derived from the monthly passive incomes (after deducting all relevant expenses), one should be able to feel secure and contented.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She should go tinder put a profile of 35 yo looking for soulmate. Hook a lao uncle or expat and start online relationship. Ask for money every month not a lot just a few hungered. Rinse and repeat for two to three such carrots.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
500 mana enough? Everyday tiao ka at the void deck chess table and go to temple for free food? Retire already then live life to the fullest, pamper yourself, eat good food, go to nice place (Singapore also got nowhere nice to go, so plan your own activities), go massage, etc.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
500 mana enough? Everyday tiao ka at the void deck chess table and go to temple for free food? Retire already then live life to the fullest, pamper yourself, eat good food, go to nice place (Singapore also got nowhere nice to go, so plan your own activities), go massage, etc.
KNN my uncle think if she doesn't smoke is enough KNN bills roughly need 150 to 200 KNN the other 300 to 350 is for makan daily about 10 KNN my uncle spent 699 + 100+ 1 + 200 monthly as a smoker KNN the extra 300 for ciggy usually comes from sg pool :geek: KNN my uncle take home 2.8k saving 2k and leestribute the 800 to 699+1+100 KNN I.e Total expenditure = 800+200 (excluding the 100 stake) = 1k KNN the 1 is for enets transfer KNN

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wikipedia:

Hara hachi bun me (腹八分目, or hara hachi bu, and sometimes misspelled hari hachi bu) is a Confucian[1] teaching that instructs people to eat until they are 80 percent full.[2] Roughly, in English the Japanese phrase translates to, “Eat until you are eight parts (out of ten) full”[2] or “belly 80 percent full”.[3]

As of the early 21st century, Okinawans in Japan continue practicing hara hachi bun me.[2] They consume about 1,800[3] to 1,900 kilo-calories per day.[4] Their elders' typical body mass index (BMI) is about 18 to 22, compared to a typical BMI of 26 or 27 for adults over 60 in the United States.[5] Okinawa has the world's highest proportion of centenarians, at approximately 50 per 100,000 people.[6]

Biochemist Clive McCay, a professor at Cornell University in the 1930s, reported that significant calorie restriction prolonged life in laboratory animals.[7][8] Authors Bradley and Craig Wilcox and Makoto Suzuki believe that hara hachi bun me may act as a form of calorie restriction, thus extending practitioners' life expectancy. They believe hara hachi bun me assists in keeping the average Okinawan's BMI low, and this is thought to be due to the delay in the stomach stretch receptors that help signal satiety. The result of not practising hara hachi bun me is a constant stretching of the stomach which in turn increases the amount of food needed to feel full.[2]

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u live like that, might as well kill yourself la. No travel, no splurge, no treat once in a while. Pls go stay in Batam and stretch that dollar la. Can prob eat out everyday at a restaurant.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monkeys dont get bloody pap will only stop hounding you when you dont have money. Thats how you even the odds. Where you keep your cash you think yourself

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 2020, GDP per capita for Singapore was US$58,484 (S$78,500).

GDP per capita of Singapore increased from 21,700 US dollars in 2001 to 58,484 US dollars in 2020 growing at an average annual rate of 5.65%.

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
That kind of person mentioned in OP (elderly single cheebye) should sell the 4-room, rent a condo and upz the monthly expenses to 3,000.

Can burn the money on gigolos for the rest of her life and probably eat better than roti and Cai Png.