• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singapore Turf Club's S$500 million ('96- Aug '99) Kranji Racecourse since 4Mar 2000 . SGP Pool -wef : 7 Jan 19.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
stc1.jpg

Without a doubt all the glory days when horse racing was held at bukit timah are gone..

stc29.jpg

stc30.jpg

Punters young and old packed the bukit timah racecourse on raceday..

stc32.jpg
stc31.jpg

massive jam along bukit timah/eng neo ave and parking lots full to the brim at the turf club..and not forgetting traffic wardens having a field day issuing summons to illegal parking along swiss club rd/kampong chantek/vanda rd/old holland rd/binjai park and i am one of them but who cares as long as i am able get to the races.

stc16.jpg

Our very own champion trainer Ivan Allan with jockey jan murray after winning the 1981 perak derby with siapa rajah the genius that he is probaly able to foresee
what is going to happen left and went to hong kong and became a champion trainer there..don't forget hong kong racing was way way behind spore in terms of crowds and turnover.

stc6.jpg

stc35.jpg

and some very good jockeys of yesteryears..

stc15.jpg

Miss Malaysia and Miss world at the perak turf club 1983 with my good friend Tan Sri the chairman.
stc11.jpg

and we have celebrities,royalties gracing the turf and owners like shaw stable,equus stable(choo family cathay organisation),agasam stable,inderapura stable,lim chong pang, datuk and datin stable..the list goes on..

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 52045

Without a doubt all the glory days when horse racing was held at bukit timah are gone..

View attachment 52047
View attachment 52048

Punters young and old packed the bukit timah racecourse on raceday..

View attachment 52049View attachment 52050

massive jam along bukit timah/eng neo ave and parking lots full to the brim at the turf club..and not forgetting traffic wardens having a field day issuing summons to illegal parking along swiss club rd/kampong chantek/vanda rd/old holland rd/binjai park and i am one of them but who cares as long as i am able get to the races.

View attachment 52051
Our very own champion trainer Ivan Allan with jockey jan murray after winning the 1981 perak derby with siapa rajah the genius that he is probaly able to foresee
what is going to happen left and went to hong kong and became a champion trainer there..don't forget hong kong racing was way way behind spore in terms of crowds and turnover.

View attachment 52052
View attachment 52053

and some very good jockeys of yesteryears..

View attachment 52054

Miss Malaysia and Miss world at the perak turf club 1983 with my good friend Tan Sri the chairman.
View attachment 52055

and we have celebrities,royalties gracing the turf and owners like shaw stable,equus stable(choo family cathay organisation),agasam stable,inderapura stable,lim chong pang, datuk and datin stable..the list goes on..
KNN during the bukit timah days punters need to walk up long distance steep slope if they never drive or never take the 马车 KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
they talk about everything but not about what they are doing to the turf club.

RHkJC proactive to be world class.

punters are fedup with the long Q and the lack of privacy when u SBX machines.

the lack of trading vol often leads to last few seconds plunge on Favourite horses . tote win odds are often subject to irregular mkt ups and downs.

best of all Stc management adopt a take it or leave attitude.

Good luck to all Punters.

i am out of this Game.
KNN last time the lowest winning odds can be 0% KNN punters also took it to their stride KNN until stc adjust to $5.1 KNN

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
stc18.jpg
stc18.jpg

The spore turf club was once a private own club owned by members consists of well known businessmen/bankers/lawyers etc..not by any individual or corporate body.
its committee were chosen by the club members through voting until a force takeover by the government in 1989 and later form a corporate body the totalisator board to take over the running of the turf club..it was still running smoothly in fact with bigger turnover because they still retained some old members to be in the committee and staff/employees working at the club for many years..the club at that time was manage by people who truly knows what horse racing is about..

stc_zpsu0py36ki.jpg

But i must admit that when they move the club to kranji that's where things started going downhill..the selection of committee and executive officers
in the the club which appear to be all in a muddle because they know nothing about horse racing and horses..most of these people are former high ranking civil servants in the army/police force who couldn't tell apart which one is a horse,donkey or pony...one very clear bad example management was the blocking of the HKJC website which every horse racing fans all over consider it be world class and over here we have our so call world class gov the MDA consider this HKJC.com to be a illegal.
seriously wtf..when my friends from oversea wanting to log in and was block and they ask me why like that and i explained it to them not one but all of them were dumbfounded and like me they say wtf..i told them to pay $10 every mth and get a vpn..its been already 5yrs and nobody from the spore turf club inform the mda about it..this clearly show how bad the management of the club is..

talking donkey.jpg

we badly need people with vast experience and ability to be in the committee and management board right now!

stc2.jpg

Experience people will be able to tell which is a good filly/mare/gelding/horse/donkey/monkey on raceday
stc3.jpg

and knows the points of a horse without looking at this picture
stc34.jpg

which one is a sprinter/miler/stayer
stc4.jpg

The past champions and this is what most of the old commitee members and management at the old bukit timah turf club were really good at.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Soh, So since RHKJC noes they are losing 25% of their turnover to illegal bookmakers, do they decide to to punish all their Punters by omitting dividents in past race records?

they know the crowds attendance are bullshits.

punters at kranji are not betting legally .

there to enjoy the aircon and facitilities.

they pay the Prohibitive s$30 and all.

but they take it back by punting with bookies at s$4.30 per unit (bet - win or place ticket).

punter are not stupid.

each Win or Place ticket the punter save s$0.70 cents . Thats at least 14% savings.

eg.

you bet with Stc for 10 win tic / 10 place tic
= 10 x $5 / 10 x $5 = s$100/- outlay

you bet with bookies at stc same scenarios
= 10 x $4.30 / 10 x $4.30 = s$86/- outlay

the punter save s$14/- for that Race.

in a 10 Race card the punter will save 10x s$14= s$140/-.

the more the punter bet with bookies/ illegal book makers the more savings.

so in a way you are right stc is suffering from low sales turnover an embarressment the Tote Board cannot hide it see below in a way all Punters are now being Punished by this
2 prong web sites broadcasts :

Screenshot_2019-01-18-14-15-55-293_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

https://m.scmp.com/sport/racing/art...-dollar-headache-uncovering-illegal-exchanges

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very unfair to spend so much money and resources but our Muslims friends cannot enjoy....

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jockey Club chief Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges lays down the law: Joao Moreira can only return to Hong Kong on our terms
Hong Kong ‘is not a place you can walk in and out of’

By Tom Biddington

13 Oct 2018
Jockey Club chief executive Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges has a clear message for Joao Moreira – Hong Kong “is not a place you can walk in and out of”.

The jungle drums have been beating loudly, suggesting a return to Sha Tin is on the cards for the three-time champion, but Engelbrecht-Bresges declined to say whether he had spoken to the Magic Man or not.

However, he made it clear that Moreira, who found out on Thursday he would not receive a full-time licence in Japan, could only come back in the right circumstances.

“We have never closed the door, but this is not a place you can walk in and out of, therefore Joao has to decide what he wants to do and what his future is,” Engelbrecht-Bresges said.

“His dream was to ride in Japan and is that his dream going forward or not? He is a very good jockey and everybody in the world would say he enhances the racing product, but we have not been, and will never be, dependent on one jockey.

“He has to make up his mind and one has to give him time because of the disappointment [of missing out]. But it is not only him, it is something the family has to decide. If he wants to make an application, he is free to and it will be considered on merit.”

The manner of the Brazilian’s exit from Hong Kong is also a sore spot with the Jockey Club, however it is not an insurmountable one.

Moreira withdrew his application the day before the licensing committee was due to meet, leaving the club in an awkward position without a backup plan.

“For me it was not personally frustrating, but it is a matter of respect that one should make the announcement a little bit earlier, not one day before the licensing committee,” Engelbrect-Bresges said.

If Joao Moreira returns to Hong Kong, local jockeys will lose out: Zac Purton

“It affected our planning, it was definitely not what I would call proper. But people change their mind, it is not the end of the world, but we are not the sort of place where you get a surprise and say nothing has happened.”

Silvestre de Sousa, now a three-time champion rider of Britain, announced in his blog that he will be spending the winter in Hong Kong, joining Alexis Badel, who had already been confirmed.

“[De Sousa] gave an indication [he is coming] but it is up to the licensing committee to approve it,” Engelbrecht-Bresges said.

“I think people would be surprised what kind of discussion we have and we look at the portfolio of jockeys. Definitely a person like De Sousa would fit.”

Joao Moreira fails to secure Japan Racing Association licence, door ajar for Hong Kong return?

What makes the De Sousa part of the equation interesting is that he had no interest in making the trip if he had to compete against his Moreira.

“We have made certain plans and we will honour plans other jockeys have made and commitments they have made,” Engelbrecht-Bresges