• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Primary 1 Test Questions

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ambiguous. While it is true that "B" has reflectional symmetry, the letter "S" has rotational symmetry.

Questioning young children with questions/puzzles which contain any degree of ambiguity reflects badly on the person/s who sets the questions.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn,

these types of questions with no parents sitting besides the students do you think they know.

first, students have to know the difference between gale and breeze, and mansion and palace. PAP lanchaio education standards.

Better teach kids how behave well, greeting uncle and aunties well, keep house clean, sweep the floor than to order the Pinoy maid to do the chores.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about advise/advice...do the primary 1 kids have to choose that too? or ask or tell??

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sg education getting more idiotic by the day. Q1 is really idiotic. Just from this thread you can see different answers and they all are plausible answers. I thought its s as well as its the only alphabet where you write the same way in capital or not. Very valid point that these question doesn't prove or show anything if you answer it or not.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
questions should be like this mah:

Father has:

(1) a dick
(2) a vagina
(3) none
(4) both dick and vagina.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I came across a forum where this was posted and the Malaysians said the standard is too high for their Primary 1 kids ...
normal wat! ...

sinkielan education std is world crass! world bestest! world lumpar 1! ... watz msian education std? ...

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes q1 is easy.

The odd letter out is "p"

It is the only letter out of the four that can be used as the first letter of a word but remain silent or is pronounced differently (say as an "f" sound)

given the prior knowledge of the P1 kids, i doubt the teacher had your explanation in mind.

i'd go with a simpler answer: S is the odd one out because its the only letter you can write without lifting your pen (ie in 1 stroke)

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
normal wat! ...

sinkielan education std is world crass! world bestest! world lumpar 1! ... watz msian education std? ...

But then why our ministars and PAP MPs all turned out to be so funny?

godiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
given the prior knowledge of the P1 kids, i doubt the teacher had your explanation in mind.

i'd go with a simpler answer: S is the odd one out because its the only letter you can write without lifting your pen (ie in 1 stroke)

Not true. You can also write "B" and "P" in 1 stroke.

TS so what is the answer?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which school sets this stupid questions? There is need to publicly shame the school and tacher to warn them against setting ridiculous questions to torture students.

There is a big difference between stupid questions and tough questions.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I came across a forum where this was posted and the Malaysians said the standard is too high for their Primary 1 kids. So I asked a Primary 2 kid (Pr. 1 2012 but Pr. 2 in 2013), and he could answer them all correctly. Are we so far ahead of the Malaysians where education is concerned?

R6LyQ.jpg

I am not sure if I could answer those questions, when I was in Primary One, decades ago.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You betterer than me I need to go back PAP kindergarten

Any other kindergarten, except those run by a political party.

During my time, we went to the community centre, not quite like the kindergarten operated by the PPP foundation.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Ok, I try to attempt the most difficult question 1 by putting myself as a primary 1 kid.

1. G is for Girl
2. F is for Female
3. S is for Sister.
4. B is for Boy.

The answer for most unlike is B for Boy!

Yipee!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's "S" as one pronounced it as "ass." The others have sounds like "gee" "pee and "bee."

correct. however, for the adult version, i was thinking....

g - gan (hokkien for fuck, a verb)
p - puki (malay for fuck, a verb)
s - sex (gender or noun denoting the act of sex)
b - bang (english for fuck, a verb)

:p :o :eek: